Trying to sort out the LA Park news is complicated at this point. Both AAA & CMLL have different stories. At the AAA/ELITE press conference, Dorian Roldan was asked about Rush versus LA Park happening at the CMLL anniversary show. Roldan said he believed it’s impossible for that to happen this year, sometimes life gives surprises, but he did not think it would happen this year. Some people believed Roldan was being sarcastic in that remark. Meanwhile, on yesterday’s CMLL Informa, Julio Cesar Rivera issued a statement on behalf of the promotion saying LA Park was not fired from CMLL and was not suspended from CMLL. The door is open for him to return whenever he’s finished his dates with “the other company.” Rush also passionately accepted LA Park challenge hair versus mask for the Anniversario.
As best I can figure out, CMLL does not want the indie luchadors they’re featuring to be wrestling on both their shows and AAA shows at the same time. If they’re serious about LA Park returning only when he’s finished with AAA, that means we will not see him again in Arena Mexico until at least August 31, just two weeks before the potential mask match. They’re also going out of their way to make it clear LA Park is welcome back and trying to speak only positively of him, which suggests LA Park is still the one in control of this process. Meanwhile, it’s absolutely in AAA’s interest to sell the idea that the only place you’ll see LA Park put up his mask – and maybe the place you’ll see him lose it – is on their own TripleMania show. It’s confusing, and that benefits AAA. If you’re hoping for clear answers, you’re probably not getting them until the TripleMania main event is over, and that’s great news for AAA.
EMW announced Fenix working their AAA 07/27 Tijuana show. Fenix has noticeably not been listed on any of the AAA TV taping so far. I’d assume he’d also have to leave CMLL shows once those start.
CMLL announced the Copa Bobby Bonales honorees will be Mascara 2000, Amapola and Tony Salazar. I guess they’re adding a retired wrestler to each year (though they’re kind of there already with Mascara.)
Today’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter said Garza Jr. has been in NXT. Garza Jr. was supposed to be in NXT in June, so that seems logical – just a little surprising that Garza Jr. be there for a week and it wouldn’t get out at all. I know all luchadors aren’t as well known in the US but Garza’s not afraid to give away those secrets himself. The newsletter went as far as to say Garza Jr. might have been on the NXT tapings, and that part is definitely not correct. Ultimo Ninja was expected to go to NXT with Garza. There’s no mention of him, but he’s a masked dude who wouldn’t be quickly identified unmasked so not as big a deal.
WWE seems like they’ve been more flexible about letting people start with them while finishing out last few dates this year in the US but not sure if that applies to Mexico. It seems unlikely Garza would be on the 07/14 Crash show if he’s really in NXT. Ninja is listed tonight in Saltillo, and Garza is listed Saturday in Tlaxcala, and I’d think those would be highly questionable if they’ve made it to Orlando. Both were listed on the since-canceled ColiseoMania show which would’ve taken place this Friday, and Garza is advertised as far out as the 07/22 Revo Lucha sort of make-up show. Revo Lucha is as close to Garza as anyone, so I assumed Garza wasn’t going that soon after all once he showed up on that poster. Something doesn’t add up.
RO Wrestling in Salon Citlali/CAR The Crash on 07/14
When I saw the Houston championship listed in that first match, I thought this show was happening in Houston and was unsure why individual match announcements were being made for luchadors in a town we never see lucha libre from. Now I’m more confused why they have a Houston championship on the line.
Lucha Memes in Coliseo Coacalco (Chairo Bill Vol. 4) on 07/22
CMLL (MON) 07/02/2018Arena Puebla
1) Black Tiger, Hijo de Centella Roja, Meyer vs Ares, Guerrero Espacial, King Rocker
2) Oro Jr., Rey Samuray, Tigre Rojo Jr. vs Espíritu Maligno, Príncipe Odín Jr., Rey Apocalipsis
3) Princesa Sugehit vs Amapola [MEX WOMEN] fifth defense
4) Drone, Lestat, Stigma vs El Malayo, Okumura, Olímpico
5) Ángel de Oro, Mistico, Niebla Roja vs Cuatrero, Mr. Niebla, Sansón
6) Volador Jr. vs Último Guerrero
The two singles matche were set up last week. The fourth match seems like punishment for someone.
CMLL (TUE) 07/03/2018Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Magnum, Star Black, Vaquero Jr. vs Carlo Roggi, Difunto, Guerrero de la Muerte
2) Maligna, Mystique, Princesa Sugehit vs La Comandante, La Seductora, Reyna Isis
3) Esfinge, Titán, Tritón vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Kawato San, Pólvora
4) Cavernario, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas vs Flyer, Soberano Jr., Valiente
5) Carístico, Dragón Lee, Mistico vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero
No Soberano/Cavernario quite yet. No Flyer/Forastero either if he’s wrestling here and not in Arena Mexico.
Klandestino (SAT) 08/04/2018Arena Lopez Mateos
1) Flyman, Kalibus, Súper Terry vs Mantra, Mordok, Súper Dragons Jr.
2) Keira & Reina del Sur vs Lady Maravilla & Lolita
3) Alas de Oro, Centella Oriental, Mexica, Yakuza vs Danger, Loquillo, Sádico, Yoruba
4) Emperador Azteca, Golden Magic, Iron Lover vs Hijo de LA Park, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pitbull
5) Dragón Lee vs Laredo Kid, El Bandido, Daga
6) LA Park & Rey Wagner vs Rush & Terrible
This is a ways off but a good lineup – and notable for being on the same night as an AAA TV taping. It looks like it might an AAA/ELITE deal too, only the notable ELITE names are here. With no TV deal announced, maybe it’s a sign of changing plans?