CMLL (SAT) 05/19/2018 Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Acero & Aéreo b Pequeño Universo 2000 & Pequeño Violencia
Tecnicos took 1/3
2) Akuma, Apocalipsis, Inquisidor b Magnus, Príncipe Diamante, Sangre Imperial
Rudos took 2/31
3) Metálico, Nitro, Universo 2000 Jr. b Magia Blanca, Robin, Star Jr.
Rudos took 1/3
4) Felino, Luciferno, Rey Bucanero b Audaz, Blue Panther, Flyer
Rudos took 1/3
5) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Mr. Niebla b Titán, Valiente, Volador Jr.
Rudos took 1/3
The Crash (SAT) 05/19/2018 Auditorio de Tijuana, Tijuana, Baja California [The Crash, TJ Sports, Zona Ruda]
1) El Bandido b Laredo Kid, Dezmond Xavier [The Crash CRUISER]
Xavier was eliminated first, then Bandido replaced Laredo Kid to win the vacant title.
2) Lacey Lane © b Tessa Blanchard [The Crash WOMEN]
3) Último Ninja b Flamita, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Búfalo Ayala, Scorpió Sky, Jonathan, Douglas James [Copa Hector Garza]
Hector Garza was honored before the match, with both his father and Garza Jr. speaking for him. The second rope broke during the match.
4) El Mesías & PJ Black b Rey Horus & The King (Rey Fenix)
Mesias wore the mask of Mil Muertes to the ring. He attacked his partner PJ Black after the win and declared he was coming after everyone.
5) Bestia 666 & Garza Jr. b Daga & Masada and Brody King & Joey Janela
6) Carístico b Penta Zero M
Caristico won a mask ripping brawl. Penta teased the idea of coming to “su casa” for a rematch and took Caristico’s mask after the match.
Penta repeated the challenge on social media, making it clear this was more than just an idle post match challenge. I kinda hope Pentagon doesn’t mean Arena Mexico, but wants to go challenge Caristico as the Sin Cara Gym. This, and comments on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio show and elsewhere, certainly are suggesting something like this is happening soon. LA Park did just show up on a CMLL show, so I guess anything is possible.
Sounded like the show had a lot of good matches and fun live matches but nothing outstanding. They did appear to have a ringside camera, a simple one and not a TV deal, so it was taped for whatever vault they stick all theses shows in.
The Crash ran tonight in Tlaxcala, which looks like it had a pretty good turnout as well. Rey Mysterio being on that card helps for sure, but they did well even considering. The comments of that post mention a follow up show on June 30th. Full results are unlikely, but we do know Neza’s Torito Negro is now The Crash Cruiserweight Junior Champion. Surprisingly, Astrolux did make the show after working for AAA on Friday and lost the title in what’s likely his last appearance for a while.
On Saturday in Arena Lopez Mateos, Yakuza lost his mask to Chucho el Roto in a cage match. Yakuza is Rodolfo Romero Castañeda, 42 years, 22 years a professional.
CMLL (SUN) 05/20/2018 Arena México [CMLL]
1) El Coyote & Grako b Bengala & Leono
2) Angelito, Shockercito, Último Dragóncito b Mercurio, Pequeño Nitro, Pierrothito
Tecnicos took 2/3. Pierrothito was hurt on a quebradora in the second fall, wanted to continue, but could not
3) Kawato San, Okumura, Olímpico b Audaz, Pegasso, Tritón
Rudos took 1/3
4) Niebla Roja, Stuka Jr., Titán b Forastero, Máscara Año 2000, Sansón
Tecnicos took 2/3
5) Diamante Azul, Kráneo, Valiente b Euforia, Mr. Niebla, Terrible
Tecnicos took 1/3, Azul pinning Terrible to set up a title match
Azul is eventually going to win a heavyweight title – at the moment, with Marco in the US until who knows, it has to be this one – but it would be odd to do it on a show that’s not taped. Not CMLL odd, but normal people odd.
Interviews: Coyote (wants revenge on Caristico & Star Jr.), Ultimo Dragoncito (teaching classes Monday to Tursday, 5 to 7), Olimpico (a documentary is being filmed on him), Stuka Jr. (Tuesday’s title match) and Diamante Azul and Terrible on next Sunday’s title match.
There’s also the CMLL doctor saying Pierrothito will need three days of rest following the back injury he suffered on this show, and they’ll reexamine afterwards.
Super Porky made a surprise appearance to thank the fans on the Arena Coliseo Guadaljara show. He’s using a walker to get around.
I went to the GALLI show tonight. It was alright. Main event of Bandolero & Gringo Loco vs Miedo Xtremo & Ciclope got me there and it was a good match. The Bryce Benjamin/Acid Jazz/Mojo triangle earlier on the show was good as well.
DTU announced Joey Janela for it’s June Ajuste de Cuentas tour.
MDA/Lucha Memes/Lucha Libre Boom announced it’s 06/17 Arena Lopez Mateos show will include Mesias. Memes & MDA have also been been posting a Penta image, which might be for this show or something else.
Lost in Lucha writes about Fuerza Guerrera, Pentagon & Psicosis vs La Parka, Octagon and Rey Mysterio and Psicosis vs Rey Misterio Jr. in 1995.
The Crash (SAT) 06/16/2018 Auditorio de Tijuana, Tijuana, Baja California
1) Jonathan & Xperia vs Búfalo Ayala & Rayo Star
2) Mr. 450 vs David Starr vs Hijo De Dos Caras vs Curt Stallion
3) Austin Theory & Rey Horus vs Brian Cage & Joey Janela
4) ACH, Shane Strickland, Willie Mack vs El Bandido, Flamita, Séptimo Dragón
5) Daga & The King vs Adam Brooks & Matt Riddle
6) Alberto el Patrón, Penta Zero M, Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Bestia 666, Garza Jr., Rush
That’s a slightly expensive wrestling card with far more people than they would seem to need. There’s about a dozen big names being brought in for this card not even counting the regular group of big names. I’m not sure they’re getting the most value out of a David Star by bringing him into wrestle the second match on a loaded card but they’ve fully gone into the dream match mode the last couple months. All these names also means the cards more likely to change than usual, though it’s still got no chance of showing up anywhere.
Cage showing back up in The Crash just at the same time he’s showing back up in AAA is the strange world we currently live in.