I added 1995 lucha libre lineups, mostly from the cities Torreon and Gomez Palacio (and an increasing amount from elsewhere), to the luchadb database over the last week. They’re integrated the different pages of this site, and they’re also just available here. This is a slow continuing project to mine the El Siglo de Torreon archive for lucha lineups and results.
Events per year:
year events 1990 169 1991 175 1992 181 1993 151 1994 114 1995 144
The show count is up a little bit. It didn’t seem like much going thru it: Arena Olimpico Laguna most weeks, everything else occasionally. Less shows mean less things going on. There is a Pimpinela/Rudy Reyna hair match. The match where locals Diamante, Brillante and Zafiro lose their hair in their home town gets lineups but not results.
Diabolico II apparently passes away after a dive on July 2nd. There’s nothing written about it at the time. He’s remembered on the July 13th show, and the implication is Diabolico II was hurt on the 2nd but didn’t pass away until some time later. There’s nothing about his death outside of the mention of the show honoring him; an incident with Tony Rodriguez in trouble for hitting a drunk fan. Rodriguez says it was self defense and demands better security.
A three way apuesta match in Saltillo with Latino, Demonio and Chavo ends with Latino losing his hair – only Latino doesn’t get shaved. A few days later, the commission insists he must if the promotion once to keep going. Everyone is only listed by one name, but I believe that’s the current Latino, the current Green Demon and the current Chavo Lomeli from Saltillo, forever in the same place.
Miguel Beltran takes over as Torreon box y lucha commission. Espanto II is among the people on the board. Beltran has promoted both sports. He’s going to make sure lucahdoras are in good shape and stop minors and people who don’t pass medical tests from being licensed. He’s going to stop medics from leaving shows early.
- Blue Panther is aiming for Fishman’s mask in 1995, part of an interview about his career.
- Flama Azul conducts a tryout on 02/05 for a new promotion
- Heavy Metal vs Latin Lover
- Bali & Sugriva
- Martha Villalobos says she’s forming the FMF, Federacion Mexican Feminil, a women’s group because there’s not enough places for women to wrestle. Which ends up with them wrestling in the same places.
- Love Machine remembered
- Lizmark Jr. trying to come back from a lost 1994 after a leg injury
- Santo Negro bio
- a long Rudy Reyna bio
- Bulldog Villegas
- Hijo de Halcon Alas de Plata talks about his upcoming debut
- Santo, Parka and Angel Azteca visit the newspaper before a match at AOL
- Loco Zandokan passes away. Words from his good friend Texano.
- Wolf Rubinisky, wrestler turned actor
- more about the history of the commission
- a group of Satillo luchadors have left the union to go out on their own. Nothing seems to come from this, but it seems like it might be the effecttive end of unions in the area.
- Mock Christmas lists to santa for AAA wrestlers
- El Dandy champion
- Mil Mascaras & Tinieblas are a team
- Mil Mascaras sure is great
- Octagon, Super Muneco and Rey Misterio Jr. as a title winning trio.
- Ultimo Dragon
- The Killer comes to PROMELL, as if he’s returning from the US.
- Solar I
- El Hijo del Santo returns to CMLL
- Hombre Lobo, Medico Brujo, Monje Maldito, Trio del Terror
- Blue Panther wrestling thru a rib injury.
- Kato Kung Lee