CMLL (TUE) 01/30/2018 Arena México [CMLL, Culticon, Notimex]
1) Shockercito & Stukita b Mercurio & Pequeño Nitro
tecnicos took 2/3.
2) Espanto Jr., Hijo del Signo, Sangre Azteca b Flyer, Magia Blanca, Magnus
rudos took 1/3
3) Audaz, Fuego, Tritón b Cancerbero, Nitro, Raziel
Nitro replaced Kawato (immigration) on Saturday
4) Tiger b Disturbio [lightning]
Tiger beat Disturbio with a casita in five minutes.
5) Ephesto, Luciferno, Pólvora b Blue Panther Jr., Guerrero Maya Jr., Stuka Jr.
rudos took 1/3.
6) Ángel de Oro, Dragón Lee, Rush DQ Cuatrero, Shocker, Terrible
tecnicos took straight falls, the last when Cuatrero unmasked Angel de Oro
This was a show. Audaz is pretty good. They’re very focused on the Angel de Oro/Cuatrero thing and not much else.
CMLL (TUE) 01/30/2018 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [CMLL]
1) El Rielero & Magnum b Frezzer & Furia Roja
2) Kaho Kobayshi, La Jarochita, Princesa Sugehit vs Dalys, Metálica, Reyna Isis
Kobayshi’s CMLL debut. Kaho took falls 1/3.
3) Difunto, Misterioso Jr., Virus b Esfinge, Rey Cometa, Star Jr.
Star Jr. replaced Drone on Saturday. Difunto replaced Sagrado on Tuesday. Rudos took 1/3.
4) Forastero, Sansón, Universo 2000 Jr. b Niebla Roja, Soberano Jr., Titán
5) Johnny Idol, Okumura, Sam Adonis DQ Blue Panther, Carístico, Valiente
Okumura fouled Blue Panther.
Kobayashi’s match airing depends on one of the later matches not airing. That tends to happen when Mr. Niebla is involved in one of that matches and doesn’t seem as likely this week. It’s CMLL, she’ll eventually make YouTube so much that you’ll get a little bored of seeing her. (Though Maligna’s pretty much disappeared since her debut.)
CMLL will hold a press conference a week from today to announce details for this year’s Homenaje a Dos Leyendas. CMLL hasn’t really begun to hint at a match that’ll be the main event of the second biggest show on CMLL’s calendar, unless the Angel de Oro/Cuatrero feud is meant to be a much bigger deal than anyone understand at the moment. This is much earlier than usual to announce these things, so perhaps the announcement will be limited just to the date and to the identity of the luchador who will be honored along side of CMLL founder Salvador Lutteroth, with no matches announced yet. There’s no real hint about who might be honored this year either.
(CMLL doesn’t usually announce they’re holding press conferences publicly; the official press finds out and everyone else has to see if they’re saying anything. This is another change, though small.)
CMLL announced a new TV deal yesterday. First thing first: if you’re reading this, you probably don’t need to go out of your way to see CMLL’s TV in general. Anything CMLL is recording for TV is also streamed online and ends up on their YouTube channel at this point. TV has names under the wrestlers which makes it easier to get up to speed and may have extra interviews, but you’re already getting the same matches. This is more of the people who, for some reason, have better things to do than go on YouTube looking thru two hour video streams for the one match they actually want to see.
Anyway, CMLL announced they’ll be back on Teleformula starting on February 11th. They’ll air Sundays at 1pm. There’s no mention of which matches will end up airing. Teleformula is a cable channel in both Mexico and the US, though it’s not carried by every cable/satellite system in the US and usually locked away on a Spanish-language only package. Teleformula is on most systems in Mexico, so this gives CMLL something along the same level of visibility as AAA’s shows on the TDN cable channel (though TDN also repeats AAA’s show multiples as week and airs Zona Ruda.) It’s an improvement to CMLL’s TV picture but shouldn’t be expected to have a big affect on their business.
(As with AAA on Space, this is not yet listed on Teleformula’s schedule.)
Teleformula previously aired CMLL matches from Guadalajara from 2010-2011, and matches from IWRG the year before that. The IWRG shows were notorious for showing the same episodes over and over again. It was a bit better when CMLL had the slot. That’s a long time ago now so maybe it won’t feel like the network has lucha libre on just to occupy a time slot this time around.
AAA held a press conference in Puebla to promote the Rey de Reyes show. The key message was Fantasma/Texano was going to be big, and AAA running in the new Acropolis building means it’ll be their biggest show in the city ever. They’re suggested they might reach 10,000 for this show. Vampiro says he’s to be booked in the undercard. There will be a Rey de Reyes tournament on the show, though they didn’t offer any specifics on how it’ll work this year. They’re trying to push this as the best AAA show ever outside of Mexico City. That’s debatable at best, but makes sense as a marketing concept when you’er trying to get more people coming to your show in this town then you’ve ever had before.
FREEDOMS announced Kenji Fukimoto will be coming to DTU from March 15th-17th. He’ll challenge Violento Jack for the FREEDOMS title on the 17th in Tulancingo, and also be part of not yet announced shows in Xalapa & Cuernavaca on the other two days.
+LuchaTV’s podcast has Los Reyes del Biutiful as guests.
It looks like there’s a show in Morelia focused on hearing impaired wrestlers this weekend. It looks like Cruz del Silencio is running it, in part to celebrate 10 years of being a luchador.
CMLL (SUN) 02/04/2018 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Micro vs Destructor
2) Capitán Cobra & Cosmos vs Mr. Apolo & Relámpago Azul
3) El Alteño, Mágico, Tigre Blanco vs Linterna, Mr. Brisa, Thunder Boy
4) Black Sugar & Neutrón vs Gran Kenut & León Blanco
5) Esfinge, Kempo Dragón, Tritón vs Exterminador, Maléfico, Príncipe Kisho
It’s peculiar for Esfinge & Triton to be working this show, and the Sinaloa guys being in means they’re setting up something.
CMLL (MON) 02/05/2018 Arena Puebla
1) París & Vega vs Policeman & Saurón
2) Astro & Último Dragóncito vs Joker & Pierrothito
3) Lestat, Starman, Tigre Rojo Jr. vs El Perverso, Hijo del Signo, Rey Apocalipsis
4) Stigma vs Tiger [lightning]
5) Dragón Lee, Soberano Jr., Titán vs Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
6) Atlantis, Pierroth, Rush vs Gran Guerrero, Marco Corleone, Último Guerrero [Relevos Increíbles]
Main event should be more Atlantis/UG, with incredible sides to avoid Rush & Pierroth being opponents.
Astro is fun when he turns up here. The opener is Sauron’s first known match since December 2016.