DTU (SUN) 01/07/2018 Tuzoofari Epazoyuacan, Hidalgo [DTU]
1) Baby Star Jr. & Fly Danger b Drolux & The Black Jr.
2) Angelito Mágico & Irving b Aguilita & Centellita
3) Devitt Rodríguez & Hard Boy b Billy Gamer & Toto Gamer
4) Camuflje b Jitzu, Jimmy, Hormiga
Camuflaje beat Jitzu
5) Cobre, Draztick Boy, Lokillo b Black Fire, Cíclope, Miedo Extremo
Check that link up there. Didn’t notice it for the last show, but DTU is putting up highlight videos of their shows. That suggests they’re actually filming their shows themselves now, which would be a big change and open them up to actually being seen outside the live show. (I’d take just getting the Arena Aficion shows.)
CMLL (TUE) 01/09/2018 Arena México [CMLL, Culticon, Wrestling With GIFs]
1) Magia Blanca & Retro b Akuma & Yago
2) Drone, Fuego, Star Jr. b Arkángel de la Muerte, Nitro, Sangre Azteca
3) Puma b Disturbio [lightning]
4) Johnny Idol, Okumura, Sam Adonis b Ángel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Rey Cometa
Sam Adonis tried wearing a blond wig, but Niebla Roja pulled it off him in the second fall. Eje del Mal rallied to win.
5) Dragón Lee, Rush, Soberano Jr. b Cuatrero, Máscara Año 2000, Sansón
Negro Casas was replaced by Mascara Ano 2000 on Monday.
6) Atlantis, Carístico, Volador Jr. DQ Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero
Euforia fouled Caristico. Atlantis did little in his return to the ring.
Show as fine for a Tuesday, not as bad as feared, but there were guys taking it easy given the situation. Caristico/Euforia should be a fun Tuesday time killer.
CMLL (TUE) 01/09/2018 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [CMLL]
1) Explosivo & Principe Daniel b Demonio Maya & Exterminador
Tecnicos took 1/3.
2) Artillero, Furia Roja, Metálico b Astral, Sangre Imperial, Star Black
Rudos too 1/3. Star Black may have gotten the big win Sunday, but lost to a Metalico nudo here.
3) Audaz, Esfinge, Tritón b Sagrado, Tiger, Virus
Audaz replaced Guerrero Maya Jr. and submitted Virus for the win. Tecnicos took 2/3. Triton & Esfinge have matching outfits.
4) Blue Panther, Stuka Jr., Titán b Difunto, Forastero, Vangellys
Difunto replaced Hechicero. Tecnicos took 2/3.
5) Diamante Azul, Marco Corleone, Valiente b Hechicero, Mr. Niebla, Terrible
Hechicero replaced Shocker. Tecnicos took 2/3.
We got live Twitter Guadalajara results yesterday! I don’t know how long it’ll last, but it was nice for one night. That Audaz match should air, and could be interesting. This would be a poor time for Shocker to be vanishing.
CMLL announced they’ll be debuting new women soon. No details. We’ve seen Maligna already, and a La Guerrera wrestled in Guadalajara. I’d suspect others would be people training in CMLL’s school right now.
Bloomberg has a photo story on CMLL. Hugo Monroy, a name I don’t recall seeing before, is mentioned as the communication director of CMLL. He says CMLL draws over a half million fans a year, eight to ten thousand on Fridays, and twenty percent tourists. That half million might be right, 2,400 per show seems plausible when you average it together. Eight to ten thousand on Fridays doesn’t visually look right, and would mean they were drawing a lot more than half a million a year. It often seems more than 20% tourists too.
Esfinge & Triton have striking matching outfits. El Audaz, Maligna, Triton, Diamante Azul, Mascara 2000 and Universo 2000 Jr. are the guest on this week’s CMLL Informa. Mr. Niebla will be on Facebook tomorrow.
The Crash continues to promote Matt Riddle vs Rey Horuz, which led to people in the comments asking about the AAW booking again, which led to The Crash saying nothing at all publicly. I believe The Crash will be announcing he’s off the show soon.
Arolucha is announced as running in Beaumont on 02/16. At least Beaumont says it is, Arolucha had not announced it yet. Talent list is Blue Demon Jr., Juventud Guerrera, Super Crazy, Chavo Guerrero Jr., Sammy Guevara, John Hennigan, James Storm, Shane Hurricane Helms, and Low Ki. They’re running Beaumont Civic Center, which is a 6500 seat building, but they’ve got it scaled down to less than half the arena.
Ron Harris of AroLucha was on JR’s podcast, talking about the project. The interview was taped before the new year, maybe before the dates for the live events were official since they’re not mentioned in the body of the interview. It seems like soon after the TV taping happened, and the moment I found most interesting was Harris saying “whether we have a TV deal or not, we’re going to tour.” They want to TV but they’re not going to be held up waiting for it.
There’s also an amusing Vince Russo defense: he was at WWE when they were at their peak, he was in Impact when they were at their peak, and he was in WCW – but that’s after Bischoff messed things up so it’s not really his issue. WWE actually got bigger after he left, and the others are interesting ways of warping a perspective. Their big idea is Russo will come up with out of the box ideas and Konnan’s going to be able to tell him if makes sense in lucha libre. (This is the “Russo just needs a filter” concept. Good luck to the filter.)
IWRG (SUN) 01/14/2018 Arena Naucalpan
1) Dragón Orus vs Leroy
2) Odín & Shadow Boy vs Demonio Infernal & Lunatic Xtreme
3) Bombero Infernal vs Danny Casas
4) Emperador Azteca, Hijo del Alebrije, Veneno vs Dragón Yuki, Fly Warrior, Séptimo Rayo
5) Imposible, Trauma I, Trauma II vs Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro, Eterno
6) Pantera I © vs Aramis [IWRG IC Light]
Danny Casas has been back since New Year’s Day but I’ve been able to ignore him until now. At least the top two matches look very watchable.
MDA (SUN) 01/21/2018 Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Babe Fox vs Black Rider, Rey Pantera
2) Greco Baez & Makabre vs Galactar & Quinto Elemento
3) Dos Caras Sr. & Toscano vs Furor & Vazco Jr.
4) Hijo De Dos Caras & Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Apolo & Juventud Guerrera
5) Xtreme Tiger vs Laredo Kid
6) Alberto el Patrón & Último Dragón vs Rey Wagner & Zorro
Beyond the matches, MDA is sending out mystery videos to build up something for this show. Zorro also seems to be up to something, or is part of whatever story they’re telling. Some of those undercard matches are strange – why is Dos Caras working a tercera at this point?