CMLL (TUE) 12/26/2017 Arena México [CMLL, Notimex]
1) El Coyote & Yago b Bengala & Retro
2) Flyer, Sangre Imperial, Sensei b Akuma, Artillero, Espíritu Negro
Espiritu Negro suffered a facial injury in the second fall when Sangre Imperial (replacement for Magia Blanca) forearmed him in the face. Tecnicos took 2/3
3) Drone, Fiero, Fuego b Disturbio, Nitro, Sangre Azteca
tecnicos took 1/3
4) Virus b Universo 2000 Jr. [lightning]
Virus submitted Unvierso.
5) Hechicero, Máscara Año 2000, Pólvora b Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Cometa, Tritón
Triton’s return to Arena Mexico. Rudos took 2/3.
6) Ángel de Oro, Carístico, Titán b Gran Guerrero, Mephisto, Shocker
Tecnicos took 2/3.
Still no Puebla results, but the bit about Mistico missing that show seems to be important. He’s off Friday’s show (Rey Cometa added, Niebla Roja moved up). Puebla announced a Mephisto/Caristico title match, which was likely supposed to be Mephisto/Mistico, and Valiente takes Caristico’s spot on the Arena Mexico show. Not sure if this is a Mistico vacation or injury.
An injury right before FantasticaMania would be a problem, but it would have to be very serious for him not to make those shows. CMLL still hasn’t put Atlantis in the ring since his knee injury as well; he’s been advertised for a handful of indie shows but I don’t have any reports of him actually wrestling on them.
NJPW World will be showing the 12/15 CMLL show (the second week of the Volador/Carisitco trios) early Friday morning. They’re back to showing more CMLL with some downtime between tours and FantasticaMania coming up.
Dragon Gate announced Flamita & Bandido will be on their January tour. I believe at least Flamita is going to be there for a while (so all my hope for Flamita/Fenix at WrestleMania weekend may be very dumb since he wouldn’t be in the right hemisphere). Bandido is good but could really benefit from this sort of experience, and this is the upteenth time something’s worked out better for him by not joining CMLL.
Arolucha is teasing Juventued Guerrera and Low-Ki for their shows next month. Juvy already said he’ll be there.
Pagano was named CIudad Juarez sportsman of the year. In an interview with MedioTiempo, Pagano mentions he was told not to do extreme wrestling when he started out.
The Gladiatores has a recap of Black Boy defeating Arkangel Divino on The Crash Junior championship.
Over on Voices of Wrestling, JR Goldberg writes about Pirata Morgan vs El Faraon.
A year in review of lucha libre in Cancun.
CMLL (MON) 01/01/2018 Arena Puebla
1) Black Tiger & Millenium vs Fuerza Chicana & King Jaguar
2) Astral, Asturiano, Robin vs Espíritu Maligno, Inquisidor, Templario
3) La Vaquerita vs Reyna Isis [lightning]
4) Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Samuray, Stigma vs El Malayo, Felino, Hechicero
5) Marco Corleone, Rey Bucanero, Terrible vs Diamante Azul, Gran Guerrero, Pierroth [Relevos Increíbles]
6) Mephisto © vs Carístico [CMLL WELTER]
This probably won’t be streamed.
It’s strange that Caristio is going to be challenging for both world welterweight titles within four days of each other (and probably won’t be winning either.) There’s not many alternatives given who is booked here. Maybe Maya?
Diamante Azul is back, or at least is scheduled to be back. That match might be mixed sides just because of the numbers.
IWRG (MON) 01/01/2018 Arena Naucalpan
1) ? vs ?? [mask, hair, cage]
student apuesta match, names not announce until day of the show
2) Aramis vs Fly Warrior, Black Dragón, Emperador Azteca, Dinamic Black, Alas de Acero, Freelance, Séptimo Rayo [IWRG Reyes del Aire, cage]
wrestlers will leave the cage after they’re elimianted, last one left is winner
3) Ovett vs Chico Che [hair, cage]
4) Trauma I & Trauma II vs Rokambole Jr. & Villano V Jr. and Danny Casas & Veneno and Capo Del Norte & Capo Del Sur [cage, #1 Contenders, IWRG IC TAG]
wrestlers will leave the cage after they’re elimianted, last team left gets a tag title shot
5) Imposible © vs Dr. Cerebro [IWRG Rey de Ring, cage, Ladder]
4th defense. The two will have to fight for ten minutes, then a ladder will be added to the cage, and the first preson to grab the belt is the winner.
Every match is going to be worse/dumber for having a cage. Nothing is stupider than doing a Reyes del Aire match in a cage. I guess the cage helps draw, but they’re also doing two different apuesta matches on the show so you think the would be fine. Anyway, this will provide weird GIFs.
Lucha Memes (SUN) 01/07/2018 Coliseo Coacalco, Coacalco, Estado de México
1) Pumita De Oro vs Danny Barrio
2) Corsario Negro Jr. vs Psique
3) Arez vs Diabolus
4) Romano García vs Príncipe Otomí
5) Aramis vs Sky Man
6) Keyra vs Ricky Marvin
Lucha Memes has been teasing giving unknown people chances, and this is listed as Luchando Por un Sueno 1 as if it’ll be a run of events. Pumita & Barrio are in based on Negro Navarro recommendations (he’s been training at Arena 23 de Junio, where both are based.) 2-5 are all vets versus rookies, though it’s weird to think of Aramis as being that much older than Sky Man.
The Crash (SAT) 01/20/2018 Auditorio de Tijuana, Tijuana, Baja California
1) Black Boy vs Aramis (Estado de México), Astrolux, Rayo Star
2) Christi Jaynes & Jonathan vs Baronessa & Último Maldito and ? & Látigo
3) Arkángel Divino, Keyra, M-ximo vs Black Danger, Lacey Lane, Último Ninja
4) Damián 666, Extreme Tiger, Jack Evans vs Charlie Haas, Douglas James, Joey Janela
5) Rey Horus vs Matt Riddle
6) Daga, Masada, Penta Zero M vs Bestia 666, Garza Jr., Mr. 450
Matt Riddle was moved out of the main event into a showcase singles, which seems like a better use for him and an interesting match. Haas & Janela are in the spots that have been Mack/Cage/Cobb/Guevera in the past.