Lucha Underground has the match they’ve been teasing for half the season (Rey/Matanza) and a tease for the match at the end of the season. One person on Puma’s side is an easy guess given who’s on the other side, while the other two are more random.
You probably can skip the next two weeks of AAA if you already watched TripleMania.
CMLL (SAT) 09/16/2017Arena México
1) Blue Panther Jr., Stuka Jr., The Panther vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Hechicero, Pólvora
2) Diamante Azul, Marco Corleone, Valiente vs Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón
3) Kráneo, Rush, Sam Adonis vs Cavernario, Felino, Negro Casas
4) Princesa Sugehit vs Zeuxis [mask]
5) Carístico, Flip Gordon, Volador Jr. vs Kojima, Mephisto, Último Guerrero
6) Niebla Roja vs Gran Guerrero [mask]
CMLL, in CMLL wisdom, have put the poster out as an ad in a newspaper but have not yet released the card on their own.
To no great surprise, Niebla Roja & Gran Guerrero remains the main event. Flip Gordon and Kojima, by virtue of being people the audience is unfamiliar with, are gifted semimain spots. Third match looks like Casas who’s the next legend Sam Adonis will be going after. Second match seems is a bit of a mixed bag: the NGD face more important people than usual, but not people who would necessarily be great at taking their offense. Opening should be pretty good. But, as usual, it feels like a much better card if they were intending to have a much better card. Like all CMLL big shows, this lives or dies based on people buying into the importance of the event and of the main matches. The Anniversario name will have to be the big draw because these matches will not be. I think Roja & Guerrero will do their best to put on a good match, but tickets are sold before the match happens, not after people find out how good it is.
Dragon Lee, Mistico and Soberano are the first names that come to mind about those left off the show. Niebla Roja mentioned on Informa that he thought at one point he’d face Dragon Lee on this show, so Dragon Lee went from possibility being in the main event to not being on the show. They could’ve been on here without changing anything. There’s really no reason they could’ve have had a seventh match – it’s a 5pm start, they’d still be done in plenty of time before the fight – except six matches is how they’re used to booking these things.
As mentioned above Niebla Roja was on Informa yesterday, his first public appearance in weeks. It’s a weird situation. Niebla Roja was there clearly to reassure possible ticket buyers he’d be on the Anniversario show. The problem is CMLL doesn’t acknowledge people missing dates, so they didn’t address the situation head on and the real reason he was there (and whatever reason he hasn’t been there lately) wasn’t referenced. Instead, he and JCR had a (typically useless) Informa conversation. Niebla Roja didn’t appear to be hurt, or at least was doing a good job of hiding it if he was. Niebla saying he always thought he would be in the main event of the show but the opponent changed along the way sure seems to indicate the outcome, and why it would be a bigger problem if he wasn’t ready for the match than Gran Guerrero.
CMLL (TUE) 09/12/2017Arena México
1) Retro & Sangre Imperial vs Templario & Yago
2) La Vaquerita, Sanely, Skadi vs La Comandante, La Seductora, Metálica
3) El Gallito & Microman vs Chamuel & Mije
4) Drone, Esfinge, Fuego vs Luciferno, Tiger, Virus
5) Dragón Lee, Johnny Idol, Titán vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys
6) Diamante Azul, Stuka Jr., Valiente vs Cavernario, Negro Casas, Shocker
Micros on this show. Looks like the main event idea is supposed to be Casas/Shocker vs Azul/Stuka if Shocker shows up for a title match on 09/19, if Shocker can show up.
CMLL (TUE) 09/12/2017Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Black Sugar & Mágico vs Difunto & Mr. Trueno
2) Astral, Robin, Star Black vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Sádico, Sangre Azteca
3) Blue Panther, Blue Panther Jr., The Panther vs Misterioso Jr., Morphosis, Sagrado
4) Ángel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Soberano Jr. vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Gran Guerrero, Pólvora
5) Carístico, Marco Corleone, Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Kojima, Mephisto
Marco, Volador, Euforia and Kojima repeat from this week, so the singles match is in there somewhere. Niebla Roja scheduled to have what would be his first match in 29 days, but they’re also booking Morphosis so they can’t be trusted.
AAA TV (SAT) 09/23/2017 Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo
1) Monsther Clown vs Murder Clown, Dark Cuervo, Dark Scoria, Marty The Moth [Guitarra de Oro, semifinal]
2) Súper Fly vs Averno, Chessman, Australian Suicide, Argenis [Guitarra de Oro, semifinal]
3) Drago vs Aerostar, La Parka, Mocho Cota Jr., Carta Brava Jr. [Guitarra de Oro, semifinal]
4) Texano Jr. vs Hijo del Fantasma, Eddie Edwards, James Storm, EC3 [Guitarra de Oro, semifinal]
5) Lady Shani vs La Hiedra
6) Winner Of Match 1 vs Winner Of Match 2, Winner Of Match 3, Winner Of Match 4
7) Psycho Clown & Rey Escorpión vs Dr. Wagner Jr. & Pagano
Air date for this looks like 10/07 & 10/14, but that’s guessing TripleMania airs for two weeks. Usual disclaimers about AAA lineups being meaningless applies, though this one has a better chance because it’s the vacation show (less pressure to do storylines) and because someone probably does have to win a golden guitar.
The Guitarra de Oro is normal Rey de Reyes but with one extra person. It’s a pointless tournament so La Parka is the early favorite. Argenis won a pointless tournament earlier so everyone really has a shot because it really doesn’t matter. Maybe some of the matches will be good? Most of them look OK.
EC3 on Twitter sounded like a man who never ever wanted to return to the country of Mexico after his experience getting home from Irapuato, but maybe they’ll talk him into a resort weekend. Eddie Edwards is currently the GHC (NOAH) Heavyweight Champion, which would normally mean he could absolutely not take a pin in this match.
Main event must be an unlisted incredible partners match because I can not imagine Rey Escorpion being a tecnico.