CMLL (FRI) 07/28/2017 Arena México [CMLL, Culticon, thecubsfan]
1) Eléctrico & Stukita b Mercurio & Pequeño Nitro
16:42. Tecnicos took 1/3.
2) Esfinge, Fuego, Pegasso b Puma, Raziel, Tiger
16:23. Tecnicos took 2/3.
3) Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón b Drone, Soberano Jr., Titán
16:06. NGD took 1/3.
4) Hechicero b Stuka Jr. [lightning]
7:15. Hechicero won via conjuro
5) Blue Panther, Diamante Azul, Valiente b Pierroth, Rush, Sam Adonis
7:06. Sam Adonis was DQed in fall 1, Blue Panther was DQed in fall 2, Panther submitted Adonis in fall 3.
6) Carístico, Mistico, Niebla Roja b Gran Guerrero, Mephisto, Último Guerrero
11:49. Gran Guerrero and Niebla Roja feuded.
This was a fun show. Nothing really bad, a loud (and large) crowd, and a good set up for next week’s show.
AAA concluded it’s La Llave de la Gloria tryouts today in Celaya. There were about 30 male luchadors trying out, and they split them up into seven matches: one two three four five six seven. All the matches seemed fine, but no one really jumped out from me like the previous tryouts. (It was also a darker building and I didn’t really recognize anyone.) AAA’s been announcing winners in Record on Wednesdays, so we’ll figure out who advances from these quickly. After that, the next step is the Naucalpan show in August which we assume will have all the people who advanced past the first round.
We got the answer to the question I had about Hijo del Santo running the Zocalo. In Esto, Hijo del Santo says he plans to run in Tulancingo on September 23rd, the place of Santo’s birthday. He says it’s “80%” he’s also running in Mexico City, but he’s discovered September is a busy month due to the independence day holiday (!) and so maybe they’ll run in October instead.
this weekend’s lucha
- Arena Coliseo has Caristico, Marco and Valiente against Rey Bucanero, Terrible and Vangellys. “El Consejo” debuts, which is 51 year old Nitro with a new name on the the tecnico side for reasons not explained.
- Wrestling Superstars and NGCW are running an iPPV for their show in Florida with a lot of Mexican & Puerto Rician wrestlers. (You can buy the iPPV here; it’s $5 if you’re buying it today. Show starts at 7pm local) The main event is Pentagon vs Cage, Fenix vs Mecha Wolf (Mr. 450) vs Mil Muertes is also on the show.
- RIOT is running in Arena LLF with an Arez vs Kratoz vs Dralion vs Sammy Guevera vs Fuego del Sol main event and Fly Warrior vs Shane Strickland in a Powerbomb.TV qualifier. Powerbomb TV says they’ll be streaming that match on their Facebook page. Show starts around 8:30, so maybe it’ll start just before 10?
- Super Astro has another loaded show, this time in Arena Lopez Mateos. Main event is scheduled to be LA Park & son against Dragon Lee & Rush.
- Arena San Juan hosts a Toros Lokos show, with some of the younger/newer people who work in that building getting a spotlight.
- The Universo 2000 benefit show happens tonight in Lagos de Moreno
- Out in Ciudad Madero, there’s a show of ex-AAA wrestlers, including Cibernetico vs TBA in the main event. The silhouette they’re using is obviously Elegido, which has upset him since he’s not ex-AAA and says he’s not working this show.
- Arena Mexico has the so big Canelo Casas vs Cholo hair match. Somehow, it’s not the main event. Diamante Azul, Marco Corleone, Valiente vs Kraneo, Negro Casas and Ultimo Guerrero is that.
- IWRG has their annual father son elimination match, Legado Final.
- Arena Lopez Mateos has a Keira vs Lady Maravilla title match.
- Former Quien Pinta para la Corona winner La Magnifica puts up her hair against Shitara’s mask in Arena Coliseo San Ramon. Magnifica has a poor winning percentage in hair matches.
- DTU is running in Toluca’s Gimnasio Coliseo Arena.
- WMC has a Disturbio vs Dr. Cerbero main event, and the Fulgors vs Super Comando & Artillero.
- Arena Azteca Budokan has an APW (?) show, with Sagrado & Star Jr. vs Anlca & Drako vs Danger King (?) & Flecha Roja in the main event. They’ve also got a Marcela vs Skadi match.
Lucha Underground has a Dragon Azteca promo, which reveals he’l face Johnny Mundo this week.
Segunda Caida watches some recent Los Diabolicos.
CMLL (FRI) 08/04/2017 Arena México
1) Drone, Fuego, Pegasso vs Disturbio, Sagrado, Virus
2) El Gallito & Microman vs Mije & Perico Zakarías
3) Rey Cometa, Soberano Jr., The Panther vs Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón
4) Ángel de Oro, Diamante Azul, Marco Corleone vs Hechicero, Pierroth, Rush
5) Carístico, Niebla Roja, Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero
6) Blue Panther vs Sam Adonis [hair]
This is another show where CMLL could’ve gone the iPPV route but appears to be just airing it like a normal Friday show. The secondary draw here are the micros making the Friday debuts, but it’s also a really good looking card. Niebla Roja vs the Guerrero continues in the semimian, and the tercera should be another strong NGD exhibition. The opener is much better looking than usual.