CMLL (FRI) 07/14/2017 Arena México [CMLL, Culticon, luchablog, SuperLuchas]
1) Akuma, Arkángel de la Muerte, Metálico b Astral, Sensei, Star Jr.
18:17. Rudos took 2/3.
2) Amapola, Dalys, Zeuxis b La Vaquerita, Marcela, Silueta
15:17. Rudas took 1/3.
3) Dragón Rojo Jr., Negro Casas, Sam Adonis b Blue Panther, Diamante Azul, Soberano Jr.
10:39. Dragon Rojo Jr. replaced Mr. Niebla on Tuesday. Adonis wore a Love Machine mask for the first fall and was DQed for excessive violence. The commissioner was going to stop him from wrestling until he unmasked, but Panther just unmasked Adonis himself. Rudos took 2/3, with Adonis using the ropes to get the pinfall in the third fall. Panther challenged Adonis to a hair match.
4) Pierroth b Vangellys [hair]
6:41. Pierroth took 2/3. No cheating, no new Ingobernable, Pierroth using a variation of the Buca Storm to win.
5) Carístico, Dragón Lee, Mistico b Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
15:47 [2:43, 3:53, 9:11]. Tecnicos took 2/3.
6) Volador Jr. b Último Guerrero [CMLL Universal]
22:41. Volador took falls took 2/3 to win the Universal championship for the first time.
Top two matches, main event especially, are worth watching. The main event didn’t start until 10:58 local time because the show had run so long, but they gave them all the time they wanted. It was a loud crowd, though one that wasn’t that much in to the hair match as far as I could tell. It appeared to be on the larger side of the regular Friday night cards, but not the level of a one of the biggest shows of the year.
Pierroth & Vangellys having nothing special going on after the last couple weeks of shenanigans was strange. I don’t know if CMLL wanted it to be more serious to protect the hair match stipulation or if they wanted it that way themselves, but it’s a match almost anyone else would’ve tried many tricks to hide. On the other hand, most anyone else would’ve not bothered to run the match.
The Crash (FRI) 07/14/2017 Auditorio de Tijuana, Tijuana, Baja California [@PandillaLucha, 126f, The Crash]
1) Eli Everfly, Famous B, Último Maldito b Arkángel Divino, Black Boy, Último Panda
2) Oraculo & Serpentico b Black Danger & Jonathan
Danger & Oraculo continue to feud.
3) Rey Horus & The King b Hanson & Raymond Rowe and Sami Callihan & Shane Strickland
said to be an excellent match
4) Bestia 666 b Jack Evans [super libre]
Earlier in the night, Garza offered Bestia a spot in his new Rebelion (Yellow). Bestia accepted, and took out both his father Damian and Nicho when they tried to argue with him. Bestia was booed the rest of the night. Black Danger and Jonathan helped Bestia in this one. Oraculo attempted ot help Jack but ended up hurt.
5) Garza Jr. & M-ximo DQ Daga & Santo Jr.
Garza faked a foul
6) Penta Zero M b La Máscara, Jeff Cobb, Marty Scurll
This was announced, just prior to the match, as the winner getting into the match for a debuting The Crash Heavyweight Championship match. There were no more details so far.
It sounds like this was a good show all around, with the three way tag match coming across as a must see match based on Twitter reactions. The matches are supposed to go up on Konnan’s Patreon.
They’re running just about every three weeks, which would put the next show in Tijuana around August 5th (and they’ve announced Mexicali for the day before, so that fits.)
Lots of stuff this weekend:
- CMLL’s Arena Coliseo show has a Marco, Niebla Roja, Stuka versus Rey Bucanero, Shocker and Terrible main event. Mascara 2000, Sanson and Cuatrero take on Hechicero, Black Terry and Negro Navarro in a rematch from last week, which probably will set up an Arena Coliseo Tag Title match next week.
- Lucha Memes has a relocated show in Coliseo Coacalco. Extreme Tiger vs Virus is the headliner, with the Kamikazes del Aire vs Belial, Impulso and Keria another notable match.
- Rush, Dragon Lee and Septiembre Negro Jr. face Corsario Negro, Drako and Ancla in Arena Azteca Budokan, in a show promoted by Ancla.
- FULL has a Huracan Ramirez & Tinieblas vs Cien Caras Jr. & Veneno show in Mexico City
- There’s a benefit show in Ciudad Madero for exotico Jessy Ventura, who needs surgery for one of her legs.
- Puebla’s Arena Coliseo San Ramon has a battle of Arena Puebla vets of a previous generation, Siki Osama Jr. versus Toro Bill, in a mask vs hair match.
- AAA tapes TV in Monterrey’s Arena Jose Sulaiman. This show is scheduled to have a Psycho Clown/Dr. Wagner Jr. main event, which has tended to mean they fight for abut four to five minutes in a semioffical match after the real main event. They’ll probably do an Aerostar/Drago/Raptor vs Poder del Norte match since that series goes on, and I’m assuming Angelico’s making a surprise appearance since he was back on the show last night, but who knows what’ll happen. They were pretty close to what was advertised last time out, but not before it
- Arena Mexico has a normal show with Carstico, Valiente and Volador against Euforia, Felino Mephisto in the main event. The undercard includes the very popular opening match rudo feud.
- Arena Coliseo Guadalajara concludes it’s tag team title tournament with El Rielero & Vaquero Jr. vs Freezer & Furia Roja. The latter team seems like slight favorites. I wonder if the winning team will defend the title even two more times this year.
- Lucha Libre y Pasion & Klandestino team up for a loaded show in Arena Lopez Mateos. This is absolutely going to be the show this weekend that has four different fan cams on YouTube: Penta versus La Mascara and The King Rey Fenix versus Marty Scurll are the big ones.
- Mascara & Penta are doubling up, working the main event of DTU’s Arena Neza show as well. They join Crazy Boy, Sharlie Rockstar, Crazy King, Aeroboy and maybe a car.
- IWRG has a Mr. Electro/Black Warrior title match. You may also be interested in a Villanos/Navarros trios or the Black Dragon/Pantera del Japon singles match.
- Salon Citali has a HUMO show, which is a little less woman focused than previous ones: main event is Ultimo & Gran Guerrero against Corsaro Negro & Drako. Skayde versus Dr. Cerbero sounds interesting.
On his 72nd birthday, Mil Mascaras talks about his his first love: acting.
An outdoor El Santo photo exhibition has opened in Chapultepec, featuring 100 photos from his career. (This is the same place as other photo exhibitions, like the CMLL one from a few years back.) It’ll only be open thru August 13. The article mentions the plan for a Santo show on September 23rd as still being on.
Record has an interview with La Llave de la Gloria participant Royer Boy, who also works as a civil engineer.
Lucha Underground has a Son of Havoc Cueto Cup promo. His match with Dante Fox airs this week.
CMLL hasn’t posted the lineup yet. Maybe later.