CMLL (MON) 04/24/2017 Arena Puebla [CMLL, Efekto, El Popular]
1) Lestat, París, Zaeta Roja b El Malayo, Guerrero Espacial, Sombra Diabólika
Tecnicos took 2/3.
2) Amapola, Tiffany, Zeuxis b La Jarochita, Princesa Sugehit, Sanely
Rudas took 2/3. Zexuis submitted Sugehit for the win.
3) Esfinge, Fuego, Soberano Jr. b Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus
tecnicos took 2/3
4) Cavernario, Felino, Mr. Niebla b Ángel de Oro, Johnny Idol, Titán
Rudos took 1/3.
5) Atlantis, Carístico, Volador Jr. b La Máscara, Negro Casas, Último Guerrero
Tecnicos took 1/3. Caristico beat UG to set up a title match next week.
I haven’t seen this show yet. It sounds like it was OK.
Even CMLL knows tonight’s main event may be a disaster. Their preview wonders if tonight will be the start of a debacle for the Guerreros. Niebla Roja once again teams up with his Guerrero partners, and like will once again refuse to get along with them. The only good thing for him is it really hasn’t heard his win/loss record, beating Dragon Lee before and facing him, Mistico and Valiente tonight.
Not much going on the rest of the show. Angel de Oro, Blue Panther and Johnny Idol face Gran Guerrero, Luciferno, Mephisto and Bucanero, Terrible & Vangellys take on Drone, Esfinge and Guerrero Maya in two randomly set trios. The Panther versus Sagrado in a lightning match is the best looking match of the night. The first two matches are skippable as ever, with some good tecnicos and five rudos who aren’t that interesting. The show started at 7:30pm, and will air on CMLL’s YouTube channel.
Diamante Azul vs Rush will take place tonight in Arena Coliseo Guadalajara.
CMLL changed Cholo & Camorra to Inquisidor & Apocalipsis on Saturday. They’re all the same and you won’t see more than a few pictures from the match anyway.
SoloWrestling interviewed Demus about his CMLL exit. He does not want to say anything bad about CMLL, but felt limited in his role wrestling just in the first couple matches, didn’t see that changing, and was having a lot more success and a lot more freedom wrestling on the indies. He fought guys of various sizes on the indies so he thinks he can keep doing that. Demus noticed that he was taller than Super Astro, who didn’t wrestle as a mini, and though it made no sense for him to be a mini. Demus reiterated his belief that CMLL should just get rid of the minis division, throw everyone into the main division, and see who can make it. Demus likes Astrolux, but believes he should go with a promotion to make sure he gets regular work at his age, and thinks that’s very important for development. Demus is critical of CMLL’s school, saying it’s sad that people CMLL trained end up as successes for other companies (Penta, Fenix, Flamita, Golden Magic mentioned) and feels the school is more to make money of students than to give them opportunities. Demus is opening to working anywhere, and brings up Lucha Underground and Impact as places he’d like to get in, or any American company on a short term basis.
AAA has an interview with Ricky Marvin, who seems to be setting up the OGT vs Marvin/Parka/Argenis trios match listed on the Juarez card.
Ciclon Ramirez Jr. is fine; he mentioned on Facebook that he didn’t have his phone on a 18 hour bus trip, so he was just out of contact for a while. (Then deleted or turned the post into private, but Yago mentions it here.)
The Crash’s 05/30 show in Queretaro will include Rey Mysterio, Penta, Daga, Garza, Damian 666, Bestia 666, Black Taurus and Keira.
RobViper has highlights of 09/14/16 Elite.
CMLL (MON) 05/01/2017 Arena Puebla
1) Centella Roja & El Hijo De Centella Roja vs Fuerza Chicana & Guerrero Espacial
2) Arkalis, Black Tiger, Príncipe Diamante vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Nitro, Toro Bill Jr.
3) Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Cometa, Rey Samuray vs Misterioso Jr., Policeman, Sangre Azteca
4) Atlantis, Stuka Jr., Valiente vs La Máscara, Mr. Niebla, Pierroth
5) Máximo Sexy, Mistico, Negro Casas vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Volador Jr. [Relevos Increíbles]
6) Último Guerrero © vs Carístico [NWA MIDDLE]
It’s UG in a title match and Caristico in CMLL, so a title change is heavily unlikely but they should be good against each other. Caristico did beat Guerrero last time in Arena Mexico and last time in Arena Puebla, but nothing was really on the line.
Incredible partners match seems like it’s just to do an incredible partners match, but they could set up something out of it. Note Ephesto is listed again, but they may not know if he’s officially back yet. The undercard has no stand out matches and some that don’t look great.
MDA Lucha Memes (SUN) 05/07/2017 Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Mini Hator vs Mini Difunto [Nuevo Leon MINI WELTER]
2) Hijo de LA Park vs Galactar
3) Ángel de Oro vs Rey Horuz
4) Caifan vs Rey Escorpión (Elite)
5) Octagón vs Fuerza Guerrera
6) Xtreme Tiger vs Dragón Lee (CMLL)
7) Último Guerrero vs LA Park © [XWW UNIVERSAL]
8) Masada (Texas) vs Rush [cage]
Ultimo Guerrero/LA Park was added as the last match on Monday night. Card order is my guess. They really loaded that card up in the last few matches. There’s no announced plans to air or upload this anywhere. The XWW is a title Park won on a Xalapa show in 2015.
Super Astro (WED) 05/24/2017 Arena Naucalpan
1) Demasiado & Diva Salvaje vs Black Dragón & Demonio Infernal
2) Diamante (Elite), Imposible, Metaleón vs Ciclón Ramírez Jr., El Bandido, Emperador Azteca
3) Hijo de Máscara Sagrada, Keyra, La Parkita vs Demus 3:16, Rossy Moreno, Samoano
4) Golden Magic, Laredo Kid, Rey Horus, Súper Astro Jr. vs Flamita, Jack Evans, Ninja Jr., Xtreme Tiger
5) Daga, Garza Jr., Rey Fénix (US) vs Hijo De Dos Caras, Hijo de LA Park, Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr.
6) Cibernético, Silver King, Súper Astro vs Bestia 666, Damián 666, Nicho el Millionario
7) LA Park & Rey Escorpión (Elite) vs Penta 0M & Zorro
This is a show to celebrate Super Astro’s new location having it’s first anniversary – though Naucalpan is nowhere near the restaurant and you don’t usually need a overloaded card for a restaurant celebration. (They could lop off the last three matches and still have a decent card.) Tickets are 400 pesos for ringside, just under the 450 price for the last AAA TV taping here, but more than this Friday’s Lucha Memes show. The Memes card is better to me, person who likes singles matches over meaningless trios matches, but maybe not to everyone.