AAA TV (TUE) 05/16/2017 Arena Aficion
1) Concord & Guerrero De Plata vs Bronco González Jr. & Hijo Del Vikingo
2) Lady Shani & Pimpinela Escarlata vs La Hiedra & Mamba
3) Monsther Clown & Murder Clown vs Carta Brava Jr. & Soul Rocker
4) Australian Suicide & Bengala vs Dark Cuervo & Dark Scoria
5) Aerostar & Drago vs El Mesías & Pagano
6) Argenis, La Parka, Ricky Marvin vs Averno, Chessman, Súper Fly
7) Psycho Clown vs Dr. Wagner Jr.
Air Date: 06/03 & 06/10. There’s over two weeks between this and the previous taping (Tlaxcala on the 29th) but the busy run of tapings in late March and April will stack up a big backload. As a result, this show won’t finish airing until 25 days after it tapes. This is the one and only taping in May, so that gap will shrink back down a bit.
It’s also a partial lame duck taping. AAA could still set up things on this show, but the first half of it won’t air until the day prior to Verano de Escandalo and the other half won’t air until after. There’s no real exceptional matches on paper, making this feel like a taping that’s going to be quickly forgotten.
Of course, the matches on paper are likely not to be the exact matches which happen. There are matches which flow into the current storylines – Ricky Marvin joining the tecnicos to fight OGT, Pimpinela and Mamba matched up – but there’s no telling if they’ll be changed. Cuervo & Scoria and Mesias & Pagano could be picking up wins before their match in Juarez, but then they could all end up in an atomicos for what we know.
The four guys in the opener are the same exact four guys as in San Luis Potosi, so they could be regular additions to the crew. Maybe we should give them one more appearance to be sure.
Next taping is June 4th in Ciudad Juarez for Verano de Escandalo. It’s still a long way from happening, but we may have a good idea of what’s the plan after Friday night’s show in Tijuana.