It’s one of those weeks where CMLL does all their title matches. Friday on Claro has Ultimo Guerrero vs Atlantis & the Copa Junior Nuevo Valores part one. Monday Puebla has Rush vs Atlantis. Tuesday Mexico has Maximo vs Terrible. Sunday has Dragon Lee versus Cavernario, and I can’t even get a replay on Twitter about that. I’d say it’d be worth it just to put up for the YouTube ads, but, uh, maybe not today. (But if you’re going, we’d sure like to see it.)
AAA has the first ever Parka Negra versus Elegido singles match! And the main event tag title match should be good.
AAA TV (WED) 04/12/2017 Domo de San Luis, San Luis Potosí, San Luis Potosí [AAA, Rostro Oculto]
1) Concord, Hijo Del Vikingo, Octagoncito b Bronco González, Guerrero De Plata, Mini Abismo Negro billed as La Llave de la Gloria prep. Losing side names not confirmed (there’s at least one change from the original lineup)
2) Big Mami, Lady Shani, Pimpinela Escarlata b Goya Kong, La Hiedra, Mamba Mami pinned Goya. Mamba & Pimpi feuded.
3) Averno, Chessman, Súper Fly b Lanzeloth, Máscara de Bronce, Venum Super Fly replaced Ricky Marvin on the OGT team. Ricky ran in post match to attack Chessman & Averno, but Pirata Morgan helped out the rudos (and maybe is in OGT?) La Parka saved Ricky Marvin.
4) El Mesías & Pagano b Australian Suicide & Drago and Aerostar & Bengala Changed from an atomicos to a three way #1 contenders tag match (w/no Hijo del Pirata & Super Fly moved to another amtch.) Mesias & Pagano beat Australian & Bengala to earn the shot, though were said to have issues with each other thanks to Cuervo & SCoria
5) Johnny Mundo, Kevin Kross, Taya b Argenis, Ayako Hamada, Hijo del Fantasma [no dq] Turned into a no DQ match somewhere along the way, so Taya used a chair to defeat Ayako. Vampiro announced Taya & Ayako would now have a street fight for the Reina de Reinas title in Tijuana, while Mundo would have to defend all three titles against Fantasma on the same show.
6) Carta Brava Jr. & Soul Rocker b Dr. Wagner Jr. & Psycho Clown Nuevo Poder del Norte attacked Wagner & Psycho before they could have their singles match, so Vampiro turned it into a tag match. Mocho Cota Jr. helped his team get the win, and they pushed their luck by challenging Psycho & Wagner to an apuesta match at Verano de Escandalo. Psycho & Wagner accepted.
The show began with a remembrance of Joaquin Roldan, with his family in the ring and Marisela saying a few words. They had two urns at ringside, with the Joaquin one joining the Antonio Pena one.
Air Date: 04/22 and 04/29 (though there’s a small chance it could be compressed into one show.)
A long term plan does seem to be emerging from the chaos. The Verano de Escandalo (06/04 in Juarez) card is looking like
Dr. Wagner Jr. & Psycho Clown vs Soul Rocker & Carta Brava in some sort of apuesta match (2 v 2? 1 mask on the line?)
Mesias & Pagano vs Dark Cuervo & Dark Scoria for the tag team titles (happening, but timing is unknown)
Pimpinela versus Mamba in a hair match (advertised locally, hinted at on TV)
OGT (Averno, Chessman, Super Fly, Pirata?) vs Ricky Marvin, La Parka, two more (Drago & Aerostar could fit here)
There’s nothing yet for Taya & Mundo, but they’re got stuff for Tijuana. Mundo facing Fantasma is notable because Mundo wasn’t even scheduled to be on Tijuana when they had he poster. Fantasma was supposed to have a table match with Kevin Kross, and perhaps Johnny slides in there. Taya/Ayako had already been announced but they’re adding a stipulation for it.
There were last card changes on this one, but the changing the advertised singles main event is a pretty big one. Soul Rocker & Carta Brava can beat Psycho Clown & Dr. Wagner ever day for the next two months and few are going to believe Poder del Norte is going to beat the TripleMania main eventers for their masks, but people will still show up to see their heroes get a big win. The bit AAA should be worried about people not believing is not believing Psycho Clown versus Dr. Wagner won’t happen at TripleMania. I suspect a lot of the advertised Wagner/Psycho main events are going to be changed by Vampiro, and I worry about that affecting people’s willingness to pay for that match at TripleMania if they don’t know if they’re getting it. That match is so important to AAA that I’d be scared of messing it up, but AAA does have a better idea of how it’s doing on ticket sales than we do.
The upside is this random Poder del Norte/Wagner/Psycho feud is a lot more interesting than three to six months of Wagner & Psycho having trios matches and trading irrelevant wins. It would also be something if the Carta Brava name issue ended with AAA one losing his mask in a big match (though I think it’s more likely to be the end of Soul Rocker only.)
La Parka & Ricky Marvin being friends is odd since they’re scheduled for a singles match in Tijuana, but these cards change otherwise so it’ll be fine. Maybe they’ll change Psycho & Wagner and won’t have a new random title, I can only dream. Poder del Norte versus Faby/?/?? in the opener is also now kind of interesting. If the match happens, Poder del Norte should win, and maybe should go as far as getting the trios titles, but that may be politically tough.
Klandestino (WED) 04/12/2017Arena Lopez Mateos [+LuchaTV, Estrellas del Ring] 1) Ishtar, Mordea, Princesa Mohicana b Blue Danger, Lady Cat, Samira 2) Golden, Holkan, Ironía b Alas de Oro, Cometa Extremo, Príncipe Mexica Golden has a mascot named Mini Fusion (a 9 year old kid) 3) Ángel o Demonio, Rocky Santana, Sádico b Demente Extreme, Rey Gato, X-Fly Rey Gato replaced Paranoiko 4) Mr. Águila, Terry 2000, Zorro DQ Damián 666, Halloween, Nicho el Millionario Terry 2000 replaced Golden Magic. Aguila & Zorro had problems after an errant cane shot and lost the match. 5) Daga & Penta Zero M b Aeroboy & Violento Jack Aeroboy & Penta agreed to each other to an extreme match after the result.
No Wednesday IWRG show because of the AAA spot show there on Friday.
CMLL’s changed Tuesday’s lineup to replace the Zeuxis/Sugehit title match with a Fuego/Virus lightning match. Triton is still listed as wrestling when he’s almost certainly not (it’d cost many times more times to fly back and forth than he’d make for working that show, for one.)