CMLL (TUE) 03/28/2017 Arena México [CMLL, Notimex]
1) El Coyote & Grako b Magia Blanca & Sangre Imperial
rudos took 1/3
2) Dalys, Metálica, Reyna Isis b La Vaquerita, Sanely, Silueta
Rudas took 2/3.
3) Sagrado, Skándalo, Virus b Esfinge, Soberano Jr., Tritón
Rudos took 1/3. Triton continues his losing streak.
4) Bobby Villa b Titán [lightning]
Bobby Villa won 08:02 via counter dropkick
5) Drone, Guerrero Maya Jr., Máximo Sexy b Puma, Terrible, Tiger
tecnicos took 1/3
6) Atlantis, Matt Taven, Valiente b Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja
Tecnicos took 1/3. Gran Guerrero & Euforia had problems with Niebla Roja and attacked him by the end of the match.
Niebla Roja is as confused by what happened as anyone else. Niebla Roja has been feuding with Dragon Lee and a split comes out of nowhere. Roja’s been part of the Guerreros almost since the moment he redebuted in spring of 2012, starting off as a Ultimo Guerrero’s protege. He’s been much better as a rudo than his tecnico run as Angel de Plata; Roja getting shuffled to another rudo group seems preferable than to him going to the tecnico side. The recap says nothing is certain until Ultimo Guerrero weighs in. Niebla Roja teams with Gran Guerrero and Ripper on Sunday.
A CMLL press release has injury updates on five luchadors, including one who it wasn’t clear was still around. Super Halcon Jr. hasn’t been seen in CMLL since last May 6th, with no word why he disappeared at the time. CMLL now says Halcon went under a retina operation in 2014 so he’d no longer have to wear glasses, but something went wrong and he underwent a second operation the day after his last match. He’s still recovering ten months later and CMLL doesn’t offer a time table for his return.
There’s also no longer a schedule for Okumura’s return. He was originally supposed to be out a few weeks after suffering a neck injury in training. Rest hasn’t healed the neck, and he’s returned to Japan to undergo surgery. It’s not clear how serious the surgery is, which would great affect when he would return. They do say he’s planning on returning.
Shocker is back in the gym training to come back. CMLL explains he’s been slow coming back because, after his jaw surgery, he had a bad fall while in the US and needed another surgery. That had to suck. Ephesto’s blood poisoning is said to be from a bad injection (??), and he’s recovering on schedule. Estrellita is also recovering well after her fall on Homenaje a Dos Leyendas.
CMLL says this Saturday’s Arena Coliseo, with Euforia vs Caristico, happens to be the 74th Anniversary show for the building. They make a lesser deal about that every year.
Lucha Underground Season 3 starts on TLN on May 5th. They’re going to be closer to being on El Rey than usual, may even catch up if they air multiple episodes a day.
Smash Wrestling & Lucha TO announced a Lucha Underground themed show on 05/28 in Toronto. Aerostar, Drago, Son of Havoc, and The Mack are listed as wrestling and Vampiro is the host. Matt Cross being billed as Son of Havoc and Willie Mack as the Mack suggests this show is approved by Lucha Underground, so maybe they’re making progress at getting guys booked off the show.
Octagoncito has apparently quit AAA. The original Octagoncito says he’s teaming with his replacement, who will now be going as Mini Rey Mysterio, on a 03/31 show in Tijuana. The last time Octagoncito was on TV, the angle was him complaining about how he wasn’t getting a shot against Dinastia. Near the end of 2016, in a newspaper article, Octagoncito said he felt the minis were being forgotten by AAA and was considering leaving, which gives this report a little credible. Using the name Mini Rey Misterio is more surprising; there’s a couple of (fake) Rey Misterios on that show, so maybe Rey Misterio gave him the name.
AAA officially announced Verano de Escandalo will take place on 06/04 in Ciudad Juarez. This had been announced on the last AAA show in Juarez. No matches are announced or even hinted at yet. (Maybe Mundo/Argenis?) Tickets are on sale, running from 150 to 1400 pesos (or $8 to $74).
Aerostar says he’s changed his focus to the tag team titles. He and Drago face Cuervo & Scoria on Friday, which is currently not listed with anything on the line but figures to be made a tag title match given the pattern of changes on recent shows.
WrestleCircus mentions they’re not allowed to book AAA wrestlers as long as they’re using Penta & Rey Fenix. If this tactic is supposed to get people to stop booking those guys, it doesn’t seem to have worked: those guys are working at least a half dozen shows this weekend.
Luchador Dardo Aguilar has passed away. He wrestled for EMLL in the 70s & early 80s, and part of Super Muneco’s AWWA promotion and a trainer later on. Quien es quien has a quick bio from a couple years ago.
Martinez promotions in Texas is back on 04/09 with Rey Horuz & Low Rider vs Black Taurus and the debuting Lucifer Black. Lucifer Black is said to be an ex-AAA and ex-CMLL luchador and talked very slow in a promo. No idea who it is but, to take a shot in the dark, I wonder if it might be the former Mortiz. He did jump from CMLL to AAA to team with Taurus for a while before Mortiz dropped out of AAA.
There’s a video on the tie up the new Arena Mexico Freedom Bar is doing with the Turibus & CMLL.
LuchaWorld has the latest news update.
Segunda Caida reviews the latest LA Park vs Rush.
Juventud interviewed Sexy Dulce & Ronnie Mendoza on his show. Dulce says she still doesn’t know who she’s facing in her debut match that’s only three and half weeks away.
IWRG (SUN) 04/02/2017 Arena Naucalpan
1) Fireman vs Atomic Star
2) Cadilac vs Skanda
3) Alas de Acero, Aramis, Shadow Boy vs Avisman, Demonio Infernal, Hip Hop Man
4) Emperador Azteca vs Eterno
5) Demasiado, Diva Salvaje, Nigma vs Diablo Jr., El Hijo del Diablo, Imposible
6) Freelance, Heddi Karaoui, Veneno vs Súper Mega, Trauma I, Trauma II
7) Herodes Jr. © vs Danny Casas [IWRG JUNIORS]
Eterno and Azteca in a singles match sounds fun.
CMLL (TUE) 04/04/2017 Arena México
1) Flyer & Sensei vs Camorra & Espanto Jr.
2) Eléctrico, Fantasy, Shockercito vs Demus 3:16, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito
3) Astral vs Virus [lightning]
4) Blue Panther, Blue Panther Jr., The Panther vs Black Terry, Negro Navarro, Sangre Azteca
5) Guerrero Maya Jr., Máximo Sexy, Rey Cometa vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys
6) Carístico, Marco Corleone, Valiente vs La Máscara, Pierroth, Rush
Arena Coliseo champions Negro Navarro & Black Terry make it back to Arena Mexico. Both have been back in Arena Mexico as part of Elite, Toryumon and nostalgia shows, but I think you have to go to Navarro to find 2001 on a regular Arena Mexico show and 1996 for Terry – or maybe that that was the mysterious Guerrero Maya. You might have to back to 1989 to find him under his own name on a normal CMLL show, but it was still EMLL back then.
CMLL (TUE) 04/04/2017 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Divino & Explosivo vs Exterminador & Maléfico
2) Robin, Star Black, Star Jr. vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Canelo Casas, Furia Roja
3) Esfinge, Soberano Jr., Tritón vs Disturbio, Misterioso Jr., Sagrado
4) Ángel de Oro, Johnny Idol, Titán vs Bobby Villa, Luciferno, Pólvora
5) Atlantis, Dragón Lee, Volador Jr. vs Cavernario, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
They did a foul finish with Volador last night in Guadalajara, but the recap isn’t clear who he’s feuding with.
AAA (FRI) 04/14/2017 Arena Naucalpan
1) ? vs ??
2) ? vs ??
3) Big Mami, Faby Apache, Niño De Cobre vs Goya Kong, Lady Shani, Máscarita Negra
4) Joe Lider & Súper Fly vs Aerostar & Drago and Atomic Boy & Dizzy
5) La Parka, Psycho Clown, Texano Jr. vs Monsther Clown, Murder Clown, Pagano
A non-TV show in Naucalpan. Fourth match is confusing billed as a battle between promotions when they’re all from the same promotion. DTU’s Nino de Cobre has been popping up on AAA spot shows of late. I wonder who they get to work the opening matches.