CMLL (SUN) 03/12/2017 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Arena Coliseo Guadalajara]
1) Black Sugar b Quca
2) Relámpago & Thunder Boy b Cosmos & Johnny Dinamo
3) Mágico & Metatrón DQ Évola & Gran Kenut
Evola unmasked Magico for the DQ.
4) Esfinge, Smaker, Tritón b Difunto, Espectrúm, Maléfico
5) El Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón © b Explosivo, Omar Brunetti, Star Black [OCCIDENTE TRIOS]
In a surprise, the Dinamita kept the titles. Third defense.
That means the Dinamtias will probably be back on Sunday Guadalajara shows in the future (or those titles will just not be defended for two years, could go either way with Occidente titles.)
IWRG (SUN) 03/12/2017 Arena Naucalpan [+LuchaTV, Black Terry Jr. (Flickr)]
1) Cadilac vs Power Bull
2) Kanon b Vórtize
3) Átomo & Shadow Boy b Atomic Star & Chavela La Atrevida
debut for Chavela
4) Hip Hop Man & Relámpago b Pantera I & The Tiger
5) Black Terry & Diablo Jr. © b Black Dragón & Internacional Pantera [IWRG IC TAG]
6) Chicano, Danny Casas, Golden Magic b Negro Navarro, Trauma II, Veneno
Golden Magic and Trauma II feuded.
7) Imposible, Mr. Electro, Tigre Del Ring DQ Herodes Jr., Silver King, Trauma I
Imposible was hurt and left the match in the first fall. Mascara 2000 Jr. just happened to be there (and in his gear!) so he replaced him. Silver King Jr. interfered to attack Mascara for the DQ.
Tonight’s Arena Puebla show has Atlantis, Caristico and Dragon Lee taking on the Hijos del Infierno in a rematch of last week. It seems like a setup to a trios title match, though they could pivot into it being for Mephisto’s title or just a non-title singles match. It does hint the Hijos del Infierno are both not winning the world trios title and not giving up their national titles (this has the markings of a thing we talk about for two weeks which goes nowhere), but we may have a better idea about that tonight.
The rest of the card is a mixed bag. The tercera has Drone, Esfinge and Lestat and Puma, Tiger and Skandalo. Skandalo’s not good, but he does seem to be less of a focus when Stigma isn’t in a match. This match comes off as if Lestat’s only getting this spot because Stigma isn’t around for whatever reason. The rest of the guys are good and could put together the best match of the night. The other stuff is not as interesting: another Diamante Azul/Pierroth trios in the semimain, a women’s tag match including some people who aren’t great, and an opening match focusing on the Espiritu Maligno & Policeman feud. They’re headed to a hair match soon, maybe as soon as next week.
CultIcon also previews the show. Tonight show starts four weeks of CMLL streams airing an hour later due to US starting Daylights Saving Time a month earlier than Mexico. That means tonight’s CMLL Puebla show will start 9pm locally, but 11 pm Eastern in the US, and 10pm Central.
On the latest Podcast Boom, Konnan claims AAA’s trying to get many veterans to join in. Konnan mentions the Mr. Aguila, Damian, Halloween, as he has on other podcasts, with the idea that the original Perros del Mal would be part of the group again to legitimize it. Konnan mentions LA Park, and Park has referenced rumors of him going to AAA on his Twitter (mostly on the idea he’d go if they gave him enough money, but it doesn’t sound close.) New Konnan claims this time is Maximo, La Mascara and Rush. Maximo’s had several times of coming close to leaving CMLL in the past, but has always been convinced to stay. (When he was in charge, Konnan himself was frustrated by these teases and said he’d no longer to talk to Maximo about coming to AAA after it fell thru last time.) Rush & La Mascara seem to have a lot of freedom in CMLL and would seem to have to be convinced AAA’s a much better deal. For what it’s worth, CMLL owns the rights to trademark for “Rush”. They filed for La Mascara in 2010 but it’s never been approved (maybe because other people used it longer before CMLL.) CMLL also files for Los Ingobernables in 2014, which hasn’t been approved yet. I don’t think there’s any real chance they’re going to AAA.
Dragon Rojo kept the CMLL Middleweight Championship over Delta in Arena Pavillon del Norte.
TKD reviews a disappointing July 11, 2015 Cara Lucha show.
CMLL (SAT) 03/18/2017 Arena México
1) Acero & Aéreo vs Mercurio & Pequeño Violencia
2) La Jarochita, La Vaquerita, Skadi vs La Comandante, Metálica, Reyna Isis
3) Blue Panther Jr., Fuego, The Panther vs El Cuatrero, Okumura, Sansón
4) Ángel de Oro, Guerrero Maya Jr., Titán vs Bobby Villa, Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora
5) Matt Taven, Stuka Jr., Volador Jr. vs Hechicero, Kráneo, Ripper
Matt Taven is sticking around at least all weekend. He’s also suddenly a tecnico, probably because he’s facing Ultimo Guerrero on Friday. Semimain should be really good. Okumura might be back from injury by this point.
CMLL (SUN) 03/19/2017 Arena México
1) Flyer, Príncipe Diamante, Robin vs Apocalipsis, Artillero, Inquisidor
2) Astral, Pegasso, Tritón vs Disturbio, Sangre Azteca, Skándalo
3) Drone, Soberano Jr., Stigma vs Bobby Villa, Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora
4) Dragón Lee vs Niebla Roja
5) Marco Corleone, Matt Taven, Volador Jr. vs Cavernario, Rey Bucanero, Terrible
Dragon Lee vs Niebla Roja on a not taped show for the second time. Opener might be a match Principe Diamante can win. Seems less likely for Astral.
CMLL (SUN) 03/19/2017 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Avispón Negro Jr. vs Guerrero de la Muerte
2) Black Sugar & Cosmos vs Destello & Gitano
3) Fantástico, Mágico, Tigre Blanco vs Évola, Linterna, Mr. Brisa
4) Difunto & Espectrúm vs Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno
5) Magnum, Neutrón, Vaquero Jr. vs Frezzer, Furia Roja, León Blanco
Fantastico is a new name here (though there’s plenty of people who’ve used that name elsewhere.) Not sure why there’s a rudo vs rudo match, or if this is the old CMLL Tigre Blanco or if that name’s being recycled.