CMLL (TUE) 12/20/2016 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Martes de Glamour]
1) Magia Blanca & Metatrón b Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno
tecnicos took 1/3
2) Arkángel de la Muerte, Infierno, Metálico b Flyer, Magnum, Robin
Rudos took 1/3
3) Disturbio, Okumura, Virus b Esfinge, Soberano Jr., Stigma
Rudos took 2/3
4) Carístico, Máximo Sexy, Stuka Jr. b Gran Guerrero, La Máscara, Niebla Roja
tecnicos took 2/3
5) Valiente b Último Guerrero
Valiente won! He took falls 1/3, the last with the Valiente Buster.
Valiente can actually beat UG when a title is not on the lie.
CMLL (FRI) 12/23/2016 Arena México [CMLL, thecubsfan, Yahoo! Deportes]
1) Demus 3:16 & Mercurio b Fantasy & Último Dragóncito
13:36. Rudos took 1/3.
2) Blue Panther Jr., The Panther, Tritón b Forastero, Okumura, Sagrado
16:51. Tecnicos took 1/3.
3) Dragón Rojo Jr., Luciferno, Pólvora b Guerrero Maya Jr., Soberano Jr., Titán
16:37. Rudos took 1/3
4) Atlantis, Stuka Jr., Valiente b Kráneo, Mephisto, Ripper
13:00. Tecnicos took 1/3.
5) Euforia, Hechicero, Máscara Año 2000 b Marco Corleone, Máximo Sexy, Volador Jr.
4:25. Tecnicos took 1/2. Mascara got himself DQed by shoving the referee in the first, and Maximo snuck in a foul in the second.
6) Carístico b Último Guerrero
15:55. Carsitico took 1/3, the last with La Mistica. The show ended before they could follow up on the stipulation.
Ultimo Guerrero loses two singles matches in a week! All this time, we thought UG had to win because it would be the only way out of the mask/hair match. We missed the idea that CMLL could just pretend like neither man said anything and cut away from the show as quick as possible. CMLL is very much of the ignoring their problems and hoping no one notices him. Live, they didn’t let Caristico speak on the microphone after the match. I would bet he brings this up on every interview for at least the next nine months. It’s possible they could wait and run the match in March or September, where everyone would make a lot of money for it, but there’s guarantee.
Main event was good, as was the tercera. Semimain was absurdly short, as if even CMLL had given up on the idea of having a good match with Mascara 2000. Yet, CMLL’s normal booking is the person who wins the last lead up match is going to lose the actual match. Mascara taking Maximo’s hair would be among the dumbest decisions CMLL’s made in some time, but it’s very much a possibility and maybe even the more likely outcome. I thought Zeuxis & Mascara were losing two weeks ago and I’m not sure about either.
Dragon Rojo mentioned he was headed home after the show. He’s probably not the only one, and the lineups will be more Mexico City heavy the next week or so.
CMLL has confirmed Sunday’s show will be streamed on their YouTube Channel. I think I’m going to save the previews for tomorrow.
AAA is being pushed all the way back to 7:30pm tonight. It looks like Christmas themed Best of show.
Hijo del Santo says he’d like to have a retirement mask match, maybe against Hijo del Solitario, and leave his mask in the ring either way.
El Sol de Zacatecas has a long bio of local luchador Juan Luis Leo, who says he wrestled in Guadalajara, Los Angeles and El Toreo. This is one where I’m totally unsure if any of this is correct.
CMLL (FRI) 12/30/2016 Arena México
1) Flyer & Robin vs Hijo del Signo & Metálico
2) Pegasso, Star Jr., Tritón vs Nitro, Sangre Azteca, Virus
3) Rey Cometa vs Sagrado [lightning]
4) Blue Panther Jr., Drone, The Panther vs Kráneo, Olímpico, Ripper
5) Ángel de Oro, Marco Corleone, Stuka Jr. vs Rey Bucanero, Shocker, Terrible
6) Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas vs Carístico, Valiente, Volador Jr.
They forgot to book the good match this week. Maybe the lightning match.
CMLL probably should have a decent main event for Three Kings’ day, and a Sky Team/Peste Negra trios title match would fit.