CMLL (TUE) 10/25/2016 Arena México [CMLL, Culticon]
1) Shockercito & Último Dragóncito b Pequeño Nitro & Pequeño Olímpico
tecnicos took 1/3
2) Lluvia, Princesa Sugehit, Skadi b La Comandante, La Seductora, Tiffany
tecnicas took 1/3.
3) Kráneo, Pólvora, Ripper b Drone, Guerrero Maya Jr., The Panther
Guerrero Maya Jr. replaced Rey Cometa. Rudos took 2/3.
4) Misterioso Jr. b Atlantis, La Máscara, Valiente, Gran Guerrero, Johnny Idol, Vangellys, Stuka Jr., Bobby Z, Blue Panther Jr., Hechicero, Esfinge[NWA LH, cibernetico, #1 Contenders]
No battle royal, tecnicos vs rudos. Eliminations: Esfinge (Bobby Z), Vangellys (Valiente), Blue Panther (Gran Guerrero), Bobby Z (Atlantis), Gran Guerrero (Valiente), Stuka (La Mascara), La Mascara (Atlantis), Atlantis (Hechicero) and Valiente (Hechicero, hooking the ropes with his legs for leverage), leaving Hechicero as the (a bit surprise) winner. Hechicero faces Rey Bucanero next week.
5) Diamante Azul, Máscara Dorada, Mistico b Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
Tecnicos won in straight falls and challenged the rudos to a trios title match. The rudos said no. (It’s happening.) Mascara Dorada challenged the rudos to a 3v3 mask match. (Not happening.)
Hechicero invaded the announce area and stood on the table to stare Rey Bucanero down after his win. Bucanero was doing commentary and got the crowd on his side. Later, Hechicero got the promo backstage.
The chances of that tecnico team becoming trios champions is roughly about zero (and would be even without Mascara Dorada being otherwise signed.) You’d like Dorada’s run to end with a big match, and that’s kind of a big match, but we still have no idea.
AAA JAPAN (WED) 10/26/2016 Korakuen Hall, Tokyo, Japan [AAA]
1) Dinastía, Kenzo, La Hiedra, Pimpinela Escarlata b Mamba, Mini Abismo Negro, Sumire Natsu, Toshizo
La Hiedra replaced Faby Apache
2) Ikuto Hidaka & Masato Tanaka b Angélico & Hijo del Fantasma
Hijo del Fantasma replaced Jack Evans.
3) Drago b Aerostar, Taiji Ishimori
Drago pinned Aerostar
4) Daga & Taya b Aja Kong & Australian Suicide
Daga beats Suicide again
5) Pagano b Psycho Clown
hardcore match, with a barbed wire board coming into play
6) Akebono, Marufuji, Rey Mysterio Jr. b Brian Cage, Pentagón Jr., Texano Jr.
Attendance was said to be 1,619, which looked full and is a clear success. Akebono was credited with putting this show together and asked Misterio and Marufuji if they’d like to come back and do it again next year. They both agreed. The show is scheduled to air on Samurai TV on 11/01. There’s no reports about the matches, but it sounds like it was a good show.
Previously, some of the AAA wrestlers visited the Mexican embassy in Japan and went to Shibuya. Mysterio is sticking around an extra day as part of the talk show he’s doing, and many of the rest are flying back to work TV on Friday.
Lucha Underground tonight is episode 8 of the season, “Gifts of the Gods”
- Sexy Star (c) vs Johnny Mundo for the Gift of the God championship (video)
- Texano  vs Cage , match 3
- Ivelisse vs Marty Martinez
The preview also mentions Rey will ask Dario for a favor, which should not be hard to figure after last week. Also, we’re promised another Councilman Delgado appearance.
MT Lucha has the second edition of their weekly lucha recap. There’s also an interview with Sexy Star, but they completely lose me when Sexy Star says she has no idea why she’s not with AAA. It’s probably notable that she’s playing nice with them but I don’t care.
LuchaWorld has the latest News Update.
AAA posted the January 2010 taping from Ecatepec. This show had a memorable destruction of the Vipers 2.0, who won by DQ after La Secta wouldn’t stop beating them. IIRC, half were never seen again, and the other half had one more match.
Super Fly is threatening to end Aerostar’s career. Aerostar brought the same career versus career idea up on +LuchaTV, so this is probably not just an random idea. I’m not sure AAA can allow this, they can’t lose any more people.
An article on the Blue Demon Televisa TV show mentions the series is “10% reality, 90% fiction”. This is explained as a positive thing. This is not trying to be like the movies, but a fictionalized take on what the real life of Blue Demon could’ve been life (so he won’t be walking around fighting zombies in his mask, but unmasked and less zombies.) The show was originally hyped as airing on Televisa itself and may still, but that article instead mentions as a November 11th start date on Blim, a Televisa owned Netflix competitor (generally seen as weaker for having a small library.)
UNAM will have another lucha libre lecture on 10/28, entitled “La lucha libre en la actualidad” with Lola Gonzalez, Lady Apache and Dr. Jekyll. I think “La Actualidad” means “currently.” Both Gonzalez and Apache have had fascinating careers, but I’m not sure they’re great guests to talk about lucha currently unless a time machine is involved. The lecture will be at 1:30, there will be a women’s wrestling show at 3pm. I’m pretty sure I couldn’t get RobViper to go back to UNAM for this one.
RIOT is running a show on 11/19 in Arena Femenil de Monterrey. Card so far:
1) Erik Ortiz vs Kamikaze
2) Ultimo Ninja vs Septimo Dragon
CMLL (TUE) 11/01/2016 Arena México
1) Bengala & Robin vs Apocalipsis & Espanto Jr.
2) Acero, Fantasy, Shockercito vs Demus 3:16, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico
3) Estrellita, La Vaquerita, Sanely vs La Comandante, La Seductora, Metálica
4) Atlantis, Blue Panther, Valiente vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
5) Rey Bucanero © vs Hechicero [NWA LH]
fourth defense for Bucanero
6) Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto © vs Diamante Azul, Máscara Dorada, Mistico [MEX TRIOS]
8th defense for the Hijos del Infierno
We still don’t know when Dorada is finishing. Mick Foley was in Mexico doing press for the December tour, and he has no idea either. But, if by some chance, this is the last night for Dorada, he’s going to leave CMLL and join WWE by being literally dragged to hell. Dia de Muertos is amazing.
I’ve talked myself into believe Hechicero is a slight favorite. He’s the Dia de Muertos spokesperson this year, which always seemed to work out will for Ultimo Guerrero. Bucanero only got this title because Diamante Azul was leaving, they haven’t had much of an idea for it since and Bucanero really shouldn’t be doing singles matches at this point. (I’m shocked he got up to four defenses.) Also, Hechicero is cool like I used to think Rey Bucanero was cool so I’m not thinking about this at all rationally. This title match would be happening the same time as Game 6 of the World Series, so it could be a spectacularly happy day or an all time crusher. Can’t wait!
Hey, another women’s match in Arena Mexico. I mean, if you want to think about it optimistically, there was a complaint that there’s too much CMLL to follow and CMLL’s helpfully taken care of that by making the first half of their cards really skippable. So much less CMLL to watch.
CMLL (TUE) 11/01/2016 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Metatrón & Neutrón vs Demonio Rojo & Mr. Trueno
2) Magnum, Soberano Jr., Stigma vs Joker, Puma, Tiger
3) Esfinge, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stuka Jr. vs Bobby Z, Sam Adonis, Virus
4) Johnny Idol, Marco Corleone, Máximo Sexy vs Cavernario, Euforia, Gran Guerrero
5) Rush vs Shocker
Guadalajara gets it’s own Dia de Muertos show, though I don’t think Shocker is cosplaying as a zombie. He’s just a little slow. This is where I need that scary dream vignette where Shocker’s nightmare is becoming ugly.
MDA (SUN) 11/27/2016 Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Lady Jaguar & Sexy Piscis vs La Gaviota & Lady Flammer
2) Ángel Dorado Jr., Babe Fox, the Tiger (Tamaulipas) vs Jesse, Pequeño Tekilita, Tekilita
3) Epydemius, Hijo de LA Park, Ninja Jr. vs Androide, Diluvio Negro I, Diluvio Negro II
4) Súper Muñeco, Súper Muñeco Jr., Súper Pinocho vs Coco Amarillo, Coco Azul, Coco Rojo
5) Groon XXX, Mr. Elektro, Xtreme Tiger vs Antifaz, LA Park, Lizmark Jr.
6) Delta vs Galactar [mask]
Delta’s favored to win the mask match, but it’s not impossible that he’s decided to leave wrestling after leaving CMLL and this is the end. Galactar has been getting the better of Delta all the time until now, so it’s like 90% chance Delta is going to win this, but that’d usually be 95% or 98%. Fourth match is of note, because Box Y Lucha says Super Muneco & Super Pinocho are having problem as a team.