CMLL (SAT) 08/20/2016 Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Shockercito & Stukita b Mercurio & Pequeño Olímpico
2) Akuma, Arkángel de la Muerte, Metálico b Magnus, Robin, Templario
Rudos took 1/3.
3) Amapola, La Comandante, Tiffany b Lluvia, Marcela, Princesa Sugehit
Rudas took 1/3.
4) Guerrero Maya Jr., Johnny Idol, Rey Cometa b Felino, Morphosis, Pólvora
Johnny Idol’s first match in the building. Tecnicos took 1/3.
5) Blue Panther, Mistico, Stuka Jr. b Mephisto, Mr. Niebla, Rey Bucanero
Mistica on Mephisto for the win. Mistico challenged for a title shot.
A show. Attendance remains slightly better than they were doing with the old format. Looks like there’s boxing next weekend, so CMLL isn’t really running any show in Mexico City themselves past Friday and Mistico is going to have to wait for that title shot.
Cara Lucha (SAT) 08/20/2016 Arena San Juan Pantitlan, Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl, Estado de México [+LuchaTV, Carxyus, Kronosport]
1) Centella Atómica & Tromba b Ángel Jr. & Príncipe Aéreo
2) Kilvan, Shadow, Yoruba b Alas de Acero, Alas de Oro, Alas De Plata
money thrown in
3) Sky Man b Rayo Star © [Mucha Luchas SUPREMO]
Sky Man and Rayo Star appear to have broke up as a team; they fought after the title change and challenged to a mask match.
4) Corsario Negro Jr., Drako, Toro Negro b Andy Boy, Danger King, Látigo
Foul snuck in on Latigo for the win. Toro Negro wants a singles match with Danger.
5) Dragón Lee & El Bandido b Centvrión & Fly Warrior
Dragon Lee beat Fly Warrior, and gave credit to the indie guys for being tough but said they’ve got to get better to beat them.
6) Flamita b Xtreme Tiger
Mutual respect after the match.
That main event is already up on Facebook (I haven’t had a chance to see it, but it sounds like it was good if not great.) I missed whenever Sky Man & Rayo Star split up, I guess.
WMC (SAT) 08/20/2016 Gimansio Hercules, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal [+LuchaTV, Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), Kronosport]
1) Ancla Jr., Star Warrior, Tezca b Camuflaje, Destructor De Galaxias, Sique [Copa WMC, semifinal]
2) Hércules, Oscar El Hermoso, Rey Abadón b Astaroth, Destructo De 6, Vampiro (Local) [Copa WMC, semifinal]
3) Ancla Jr., Star Warrior, Tezca b Hércules, Oscar El Hermoso, Rey Abadón [Copa WMC, final]
4) Demus 3:16 b Black Terry
Terry wanted a super libre rematch
5) Arceus, Impulso, Metaleón, Reina Dorada b Arez, Diva Salvaje, Felina Metálica, Terremoto Negro
Impulso & Arceus replaced Obscura & Zoy Raymunda
6) La Jarochita, Marcela, Zafiro (Chihuahua) b Diosa Quetzal, Keira, Paloma Rouse
Zafiro & Diosa Quetzal were added to the match.
7) Sagrado b Freelance [super libre]
8) Ancla, Corsario Negro, Drako b Alan Extreme & Yoruba [captain hair, hair]
Billed as 3v4 with Drako & Wasson’s hair on the line. No Wasson or Guerrero Mixtico (so 3v2), and Alan lost his hair instead. Yoruba wanted revenge.
9) Fly Metalik L Fly Warrior, Fly Star, Mr. Leo, Centurion, Látigo [mask]
Mr. Leo replaced Toxin. Fly Warrior took Fly Metalik’s mask. Fly Metalik is Carlos Olvera, 21, 6 years a luchador.
I’m not 100% sure who was in the semimain still, just that Alan loses his hair a lot. Metalik was the expected loser in the main event, as he’s wrestling less of late.
Elite (SUN) 08/21/2016 Arena México [+LuchaTV, Plantilla Deportiva]
1) Estrellita & Lluvia b Keira & Muñeca De Plata
2) Decnnis, Fresero Jr., Zumbido b El Bandido, Emperador Azteca, Metaleón
Zumbido’s return to Arena Mexico and Decnnis’ debut. Match had errors, and Emperador Azteca was hurt after a first fall move by Fresero Jr.
3) Blue Panther b Argos
Argos replaced Black Terry.
4) Rey Escorpión & Sharlie Rockstar b Golden Magic & Valiente
5) Dragón Lee b Flamita
short good match, truncated when Flamita suffered an arm injury. Flamita was stretchered out after the Dragon Driver.
6) Bárbaro Cavernario, Felino, Mr. Niebla b Máximo, Súper Crazy, Xtreme Tiger
Mr. Niebla snuck in a foul on Maximo.
Neither singles match seems to have gone exactly as planned. Black Terry indicated that he was planning on working all three shows (Chilanga, Elite, IWRG), so something must’ve happened. He made two, got the IWRG, and it may just not been possible to do three. All the indie shows seemed decently attended, but I’m not sure this over-saturation of a weekend was a great idea for everyone. The attendance looks OK in the photos, but they’re not of the full arena.
I’m going hold off on the Lucha Memes and ChilangaMask results in hopes more details will turn up. It looks like Jason Kincaid came to Mexico and was at the show, but he’s not mentioned in the results (injury? illness?) and the Terrible/Juvy match is missing from the results (but there were so many +LuchaTV posts that I could’ve just missed it somehow.)
Volador, Caristico and Titan defeated Ultimo Guerrero, Euforia, Gran Guerrero on the Super J show early Sunday morning my time. The match was good and they got plenty of time; NJPW’s site erroneously lists it as a 5 minute match, but it appeared to be 15. Volador got a special solo entrance, beat Gran Guerrero for the win and, after winning the tournament, Kushida himself seemed to offer Volador a title match whenever he wanted it. Volador beat Kushida in the Elite tournament a couple months ago and the title match is probably happening at some point.
Soon after the show ended, Michinoku Pro announced Caristico was the mystery Mexican star for the upcoming masked man tournament. It’ll run from September 16th to September 18th, he’ll face Samba (a masked man billed as from Rio in the first round), and this was the same tournament Argos was previously announced in. Argos faces Revolucion (a masked Cuban), and was probably a package deal to get Caristico. Caristico didn’t have a big role on the NJPW show and was definitely meant to be second fiddle to Volador, where they could’ve stuck in any other CMLL tecnico and gotten the same effect (though maybe not the long playing to the crowd after the match.) I wonder it was simply NJPW wanting to get Carisitco’s first match back in Japan on their show before Michinoku Pro brought him in. The CMLL guys were pretty over and there was value in having him there.
Pentagon Jr. won the PCW Heavyweight Championship this weekend, addind it to the AAA Latin Americas championship, Mucha Luchas Atlanta Championship, AAW Heavyweight Championship, Perros del Mal Light Heavyweight Championship – so he’s a five (Penta-) champion.
The main event of ColiseoMania will be Moose, Willie Mack, Teddy Hart vs Blue Demon Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr., and Garza Jr., according to Garza. The Rest of the World/Mexico bit will get over, but it seems like a waste to bring in those guys to work against Blue Demon Jr. (and Wagner, to a lesser extent.)
Super Libre had taped interviews with Dragon Lee, Tiger and Rey Escorpion.
CMLL (SUN) 08/28/2016 Arena México
1) Bengala & Robin vs Canelo Casas & Espanto Jr.
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Oro Jr., Star Jr. vs El Cuatrero, Sansón, Skándalo
3) Blue Panther, Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Cometa vs Puma, Tiger, Virus
4) Dragón Lee, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Negro Casas, Último Guerrero
5) Máximo Sexy vs Mr. Niebla
6) Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto © vs Ángel de Oro, Atlantis, Stuka Jr. [MEX TRIOS]
Elite said they were back for all the Sundays, and it turned out to be one Sunday. I’m a little concerned. This leaves them with no TV for 09/03. At the same time, Niebla/Maximo was clearly set up on today’s Elite show, so they knew this handoff was happening. The aprons still said “Todos Los Domingos” tonight, for what it’s worth.
In their place, CMLL’s thrown together a loaded card that just happens to be going on at the same time as TripleMania. Those names working fourth from the top suggest they’re trying to run against AAA, but I’m not sure what affect it’ll have if they don’t promote beyond their website (and past history suggests both shows will do fine in this situation.)
Mr. Niebla versus Maximo is a first time in Arena Mexico match – they did it a couple times in Guadalajara in 2012, and they’ve been opponents (and partners) roughly a million times. The trios challengers have only teamed together once in Arena Mexico, so it makes a lot of sense they’re getting a shot.
CMLL (SUN) 08/28/2016 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Micro vs Destello
2) El Alteño & Javier Cruz Jr. vs Destructor & Gitano
3) Sky Kid & Smaker vs Relámpago & Thunder Boy
4) El Divino, León Blanco, Randy vs Furia Roja, Maléfico, Ráfaga
5) Frezzer, Mágico, Nautilius vs Joker, Mosco X Fly, Sádico
X-Fly is making an occasional appearance. Joker & Sadico are champions.