AAA TV (SUN) 05/29/2016 Palenque de la Feria, Pachuca, Hidalgo
1) Atomic Boy, Dinastía, Pimpinela Escarlata, Venum vs Apache, Mamba, Mini Psycho Clown, Soul Rocker
2) Faby Apache & Mary Apache vs La Hiedra & Taya
3) Aerostar, Drago, Fénix vs Averno, Chessman, Ricky Marvin [#1 Contenders, AAA TRIOS]
4) Argenis, Australian Suicide, Bengala vs Damián 666, Halloween, Nicho el Millionario
5) Dr. Wagner Jr. & Texano Jr. vs ? & Hernandez
6) Psycho Clown vs Pentagón Jr. vs Pagano
Air Date: 06/11 & 06/18
AAA has a spot show in the same city two days later. That’s an unusual scheduling choice. I suspect that other show might be quietly rescheduled.
Also, the TV show revealed Verano de Escandalo will take place on 06/19 in Monterrey. That’s a little bit of an interesting choice in venue, since some of the guys in Monterrey AAA might go to for help for local promotion are now doing a podcast with Konnan. Maybe everyone can just work together amicably.
They stopped putting the silhouette that gave away the mystery person! Now maybe just stop doing mystery person? It probably should be Cage or Mesias and it’d be odd for them not to just be listed. Still seems like they’re headed to Wagner/Parka/Texano vs Team Trump, which doesn’t seem like a big match for a PPV main event. (Maybe a six way instead?)
The finish in the third match feels telegraphed by Averno & Chessman already having an opponent for the tag titles. Xinetez/tecnicos should be good the second time. I don’t like La Hiedra’s odds in the second match, or Argenis’ crew in the fourth match.
Pagano probably should be getting a Latin American championship shot by beating Psycho Clown – and Psycho seems like the odd man out by winning his feud with Dr. Wagner, so maybe he’s a long term part of this feud
Other quick AAA notes:
- the tickets for Puebla 06/03 Lucha World Cup first round are running 220 to 1210 MXPs ($12 to 66 USD). Show listed as starting 8:30pm, which means it’s going to be a very late night.
- the Mexico 06/05 Lucha World Cup final has a start time of 4pm. That’s early for an AAA show.
- There’s a nice look back at AAA 1992 posters, as part of a piece writing about the 24th Anniversary of the promotion. Dorian Roldan mentioned to +LuchaTV that AAA is planning for something big for the 25th Anniversary. That’d be a change; there’s no bigger difference between the two promotions than CMLL building it’s whole year to it’s birthday and AAA typically just mentioning their own relatively quietly. (But getting 1992 posters is cool to me.)
- Edit: Kronosport says Lady Maravilla quit AAA. Her Facebook is mostly friends only, so I don’t see a message saying that but it’s probably there.
It’s unclear if there’s another taping between this show and Verano de Escandalo; it really depends on if they’ll be airing the Lucha World Cup as part of normal TV. It feels like there ought to be another one, because the Verano de Escandalo card doesn’t feel like it’s taken shape much at all, but we’re also a month away from the show in real time. Might as well take one guess at the card:
random mixed tag
random other match
Los Xinetez (c) versus Aerostar, Fenix, Drago for the AAA Trios Championship
Averno & Chessman (c) versus Faby Apache & Mary Apache for the AAA Tag Team Titles
Psycho Clown, Daga, Joe Lider, Pentagon versus Pagano, Nicho, Damian, Halloween
La Parka, Dr. Wagner, Texano Jr. versus Hernandez, Cage, Mesias
Again, it’s missing a big match; it feels more like a TV taping than a major show. Maybe something will happen yet.