CMLL (FRI) 04/15/2016 Arena México [@black_bile, @DrLuchaJr, +LuchaTV, CMLL, ESTO, KronosSport, R de Rudo, Yahoo! Deportes]
1) Cholo & Espanto Jr. b Bengala & Sensei
2) Demus 3:16, Pequeño Nitro, Pierrothito b Astral, Eléctrico, Stukita
3) Fuego, Rey Cometa, Tritón DQ Cavernario, Hechicero, Vangellys
Stright falls. Cavernario fouled Rey Cometa Good match.
4) Dragón Rojo Jr., Euforia, Marco Corleone, Rush b Mephisto & Mistico and Ángel de Oro & Pólvora and Mr. Niebla & Volador Jr. and Blue Panther & Ephesto and Bobby Z & Máscara Dorada and Felino & Súper Crazy [natl pi, seeding battle royal]
5) Bobby Z & Máscara Dorada b Felino & Súper Crazy [natl pi, 8f]
4:55. Felino & Crazy couldn’t get along
6) Mr. Niebla & Volador Jr. b Blue Panther & Ephesto [natl pi, 8f]
7) Mephisto & Mistico b Ángel de Oro & Pólvora [natl pi, 8f]
8) Marco Corleone & Rush b Dragón Rojo Jr. & Euforia [natl pi, 8f]
4:11. Marco & Rush did not work together, but still won.
9) Mr. Niebla & Volador Jr. b Bobby Z & Máscara Dorada [natl pi, quarterfinal]
10) Mephisto & Mistico b Marco Corleone & Rush [natl pi, quarterfinal]
4:19. Marco & Rush fought, leading to their loss.
11) Mephisto & Mistico b Mr. Niebla & Volador Jr. [natl pi, semifinal]
6:14. Niebla and Mistico were screwing up at the end, leading to boos. Mephisto & Mistico advance to the 04/29 final.
12) Atlantis, Carístico, Máximo Sexy b Rey Bucanero, Rey Escorpión, Terrible
12:33. Tecnicos took 2/3. Caristico & Atlantis will face on Wednesday in Liga Elite, had no problems here.
Mephisto & Mistico winning this block makes them the favorite to win the whole thing over whoever comes out of the other block. Mistico’s probably not going to a final to lose; they’d take him out earlier, like they did with Gran Alternativa.
Here’s my sad recording story: my recording captured the first two matches before calling it a night. The main event is on Claro’s site and not hard to get. That tournament matches will air on Azteca – maybe a little edited, but it doesn’t sound like they’d be wrecking a Picasso. The only match which it doesn’t seem like I’ll be able to get is the tercera, the only match I wanted to see from the show. Oh well. The DQ seems to be a rare case of playing up a feud on a different day of the week show: Cometa & Cavernario will be having a title match soon, maybe during Kid’s Day weekend.
Super Crazy and Tiger definitely appear to believe someone’s holding an apuesta match between them sometime soon. They might be right, but I’m not sure if that’d be Elite or CMLL.
There’s a bunch of substitutions on the lineups today – everyone CMLL DF card got changed. It looks like Dragon Lee is being pulled from the weekend lineups. The poster for Coliseo has him off the show (though the text and preview does not.) Everything agrees he’s off Sunday’s card, also for Atlantis. Dragon Lee is still listed on Tuesday’s main event.
Sunday’s card also has Felino moving up a match for Niebla Roja, Virus taking Felino’s spot in the tercera, and Cancerbero & Nitro in for Fujin and Raijin. Niebla Roja hasn’t been in CMLL in a month.
Tuesday’s card has Gran Guerrero in for Terrible in the semimain, and Metatron replacing Sensei in the opener.
CMLL also posted a statement saying the shooting near Arena Mexico didn’t happen on Arena Mexico’s property and that everyone coming into their building is checked closely for weapons. (That is true.) CMLL’s greatly relying on tourists and casual fans attending shows, and the idea that the Arena Mexico area might be dangerous is potentially very harmful to their business.
AAA’s TV is already up. It’s the first half of the recent taping from Mexico City, with the odd numbered matches – the atomicos opener, the trios with Marvin versus Bengala, and the Mesias/Texano/Cage trio (with Octagon Jr. on the other side.)
Goya Kong says she’s staying in AAA, but she’s not wrestling due to her pregnancy. She claims all the talk about her leaving AAA were social media rumors; those rumors seemed to come from her and Carta Brava’s social media.
04/30 RIOT show
1: Caifan vs Dralion
2: Ultimo Ninja vs Jinzo
3: Kaientai & Hooligan Byron vs Rico Rodriguez & Galactar
Heavy Metal is starting new lucha libre classes, says Sharlie Rockstar is a fake rockstar luchador.
Ivelisse was announced for Stardom in June, which sounds like she got good news for her injury recovery.
Plantilla Deportiva interviews Stigma.
ELITE (WED) 04/20/2016 Arena México
1) Pegasso & Rey Cometa vs Imposible & Karonte Jr.
2) Dinamic Black, Emperador Azteca, Hijo de LA Park vs El Cuatrero, Eterno, Fresero Jr.
3) Jinzo, Rocky Lobo, Súper Crazy vs Felino, Puma, Tiger
4) Máscara Dorada vs Negro Casas [Liga Elite]
5) La Máscara, Rush, Toscano vs Cibernético, Mephisto, Sharlie Rockstar
6) Atlantis vs Carístico [Liga Elite]
Atlantis versus Caristico is the first match of previous winners. That match winner will be leading the tournament so far.
Rush is a constant on these cards. Cibernetico’s likely facing him or Mascara next week.
Negro Casas makes his debut in the tournament against Mascara Dorada, which has been pretty good in the past.
Tercera is Hidalgo versus Felinos. Hijo de LA Park makes his expected debut in the segunda.
CMLL (FRI) 04/22/2016 Arena México
1) Angelito & Stukita vs Pequeño Nitro & Pequeño Olímpico
2) Esfinge, Pegasso, Tritón vs El Cuatrero, Skándalo, Virus
3) Ángel de Oro, Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr. vs Euforia, Olímpico, Ripper
4) Carístico & Cibernético vs Atlantis & Gran Guerrero and Máximo Sexy & Terrible and Rey Escorpión & Último Guerrero and Kráneo & Súper Porky and Dragón Lee & La Máscara and Titán & Vangellys and The Panther & Tiger [natl pi, seeding battle royal]
5) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, 8f]
6) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, 8f]
7) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, 8f]
8) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, 8f]
9) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, quarterfinal]
10) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, quarterfinal]
11) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, semifinal]
12) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Volador Jr. vs Cavernario, Felino, Mr. Niebla
CMLL’s avoided Caristico/Mistico on opposite sides, which seems to leave Atlantis & Gran Guerrero as the most likely team to advance. Rey Escorpion & Ultimo Guerrero, a team of two rudos who shouldn’t be teaming in this touranment, might have a chance too.
Angelito & Stukita on a Friday night should be fun.
DTU (SUN) 05/15/2016 San Agustin Mimbres, Otzolotepec, Estado de México
1) Licántropo & Niño De Cobre vs Chalapa & Fandango
2) Jimmy & Kevin vs Lokillo & Tony Iron
3) Erwin & Irwin vs Masizito & Porrito
4) Black Fire vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Johnny Idol
5) Pesadilla & Rocky Lobo vs Drastik Boy & Jinzo
6) El Chato & El Nene vs Ángel o Demonio & Drako
7) Crazy Boy & Sharlie Rockstar vs Ovett & Psicosis II and Cíclope & Miedo Extremo
Billed as Black Fire’s first match back in Mexico, facing Dragon Rojo and Johnny Idol (who’s been in from New Zealand for a while now.)