This was not a good week for the main lucha shows. It was really good for the others. I don’t know how to reate tournament matches, especially when they’re kind of good.
IWRG (SUN) 04/03/2016 Arena Naucalpan [+LuchaTV, Black Terry Jr. (Flickr)]
1) Black Dragón & Dragón Fly b Matrix Jr. & Ram El Carnero
2) Leo, Mike, Rafy b Factor, Rayan, Spector
straight falls. mask challenged followed.
3) Black Terry, Dr. Cerebro, Picudo Jr. b Canis Lupus, Eterno, Golpeador
Golepador replaced Apolo Estrada
4) Golden Magic, Negro Navarro, Trauma II b Danny Casas, Diablo Jr., Veneno
straight falls. Danny was DQed in the first via foul, Golden Magic used his feet on the ropes in the second. Danny challenged to a hair vs mask match.
5) Máscara Año 2000 Jr. b Trauma I
6) El Hijo del Diablo DQ Cerebro Negro [hair]
No official recap yet so we’re missing details. Dr. Cerbero, Cerbero Negro’s second, fouled Diablo before the finish but the referee was down. A second referee came in late, and Diablo kicked out. The match continued with Cerbero Negro winning, but Maya recovered to call a DQ. Black Terry and others pleaded for a fourth fall, but the result stands.
The semimain probably sets up a heavyweight title match.
Tonight’s Puebla main event has a very rare team up of the Munoz boys: Rush, Dragon Lee, and Mistico take on the Revolucionarios, following up on Rey Escorpion fouling Mistico to end last week’s show. The only time the three brothers have teamed up before, as best I can tell, was an indy show in Guadalajara two years ago. They’ve never done on an official CMLL show before. Rush’s usual partner La Mascara is in the semimain, with Mascara Dorada & Valiente versus Cavernario, Mr. Niebla and Negro Casas. The locals on the card are Meyer, Zaeta Roja, Ares, Guerrero Espacial, Astruaiano, Espiritu Maligno and Policeman. The full card is here.
Tonight’s Puebla show returns to it’s normal 10pm ET/9pm CT time. Mexico had daylight savings time this weekend. I’m not sure I’m going to be around for this but will post a recap eventually.
Black Terry Jr. also has photos from Tepotzotlan, where Negro Navarro vs Black Terry headlined.
El Fantasma says Cepillin isn’t licensed to wrestle in Mexico City. Fatnasma says he is licensed in Monterrey, and licenses from one place are usually upheld everywhere, so that’s one weird thing. The other weird thing is Cepilin isn’t listed as wrestling; the article has clown Cepillin wrestling in the main event of the FULL shows, but the posters have him appearing on the shows and not wrestling. I thought he said as much as the press conference to announce these shows, which Fantasma was at (though they also set up him interfering in a match some way.)
There’s some drama going on between the people who own/run Arena 11 de Julio in Pachuca and everyone who works there. The scheduled show was canceled (maybe for the second weekend in a row), but there was a free show right outside the building.
CMLL (SAT) 04/09/2016 Arena Coliseo
1) Bengala vs Camorra
2) Flyer vs Inquisidor
3) Star Jr. vs Arkángel de la Muerte
4) Starman vs Nitro
5) Hombre Bala Jr. vs Puma
6) Guerrero Maya Jr. & The Panther vs Bobby Z & Vangellys
7) Atlantis, Máximo Sexy, Valiente vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja
Bala/Puma is a rematch. Semimain has the Coliseo tag champs. Main event follows up on Gran Guerrero fouling Atlantis last week.
CMLL (SUN) 04/10/2016 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Capitán Cobra & Rey Halcón vs Diplomático & Mr. Brisa
2) Fugaz & Randy vs Carlo Roggi & Mr. Apolo
3) Mágico vs Sádico [super libre]
4) El Divino, Magnum, Vaquero Jr. vs Espectrúm, Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno
5) Esfinge, Gallo, Tritón vs El Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón
DF luchadors are back here after all, though it might be due to the Kid Dinamitas being local trios champions. Fugaz and Randy are probably new wrestlers but not new names: Randy was Intocable’s original name, while CMLL’s Fugaz became Nitro. This is the second show in the building on this day; there’s a noon show as a benefit show for a local hospital.
CMLL (SUN) 04/10/2016 Arena México
1) Shockercito & Stukita vs Mercurio & Pierrothito
2) Oro Jr., Pegasso, Soberano Jr. vs Bugambilia, Cancerbero, Raziel
3) Blue Panther, Blue Panther Jr., The Panther vs Misterioso Jr., Pierroth, Sagrado
4) Dragón Lee, Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Cometa vs Cavernario, Ephesto, Luciferno
5) Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Volador Jr. vs Kráneo, Rey Bucanero, Terrible
Dragon Lee, Guerrero Maya nd Rey Cometa is a fun tecnico side. Bugambilia is primarily Mexico State exotico who just lost his hair in Arena Neza last weekend. Strange you’d lose your hair before starting with CMLL. CMLL’s been careful not to have any other exoticos to not take away from Maximo, so maybe some changes are coming.
What happened: Nothing really. Mesias won a pointless bull terrier match. The people in the top two matches on Rey de Reyes brawled with each other.
What was good: Nothing. The 2v2 tag match is the best on the show, but nothing as much as you’d expect from those guys. I hated the main event – the wrestling wasn’t much, but the storyline aggravated even more.
Where can I watch it: It’s on AAA’s YouTube channel. I’ve got the direct links i the recap.