CMLL (TUE) 12/29/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Magnum & Nautilius b Joker & Sádico
2) Hijo del Signo, Sangre Azteca, Virus b Magnus, Pegasso, Star Jr.
Magnus replaces Super Halcon. Virus snuck in a foul on Pegasso.
3) Zeuxis © b Lluvia [MEX WOMEN]
Zeuxis took 2/3 to keep the title, winning the last fall with the La Roca piledriver. Zeuxis’s third defense. Lluvia was said to do well even in the loss.
4) Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys b Blue Panther, Esfinge, Titán
5) Atlantis, Super Porky, Volador Jr. b Cavernario, Felino, Mr. Niebla
Tecnicos took 2/3
CMLL has an iPPV tomorrow. I’m probably not writing a preview tomorrow! Here’s the card
CMLL (FRI) 01/01/2016 Arena México
1) Estrellita, La Vaquerita, Princesa Sugehit vs Amapola, Dalys, Zeuxis
2) Blue Panther Jr., Esfinge, The Panther vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus
3) Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Valiente vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Thunder
4) Máximo Sexy vs Kamaitachi [hair]
5) Carístico, Mistico, Rush vs Cibernético, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr. [Relevos Increíbles]
6) Negro Casas vs Super Parka [hair]
It reads like Maximo is hurting but probably will still wrestle on Friday. Maybe he takes some time off afterwards? He’s certainly going to win. Parka beating Casas isn’t impossible, but like maybe 5% possible because Negro Casas has some weird losses and they could always drag this out to have someone else beat Super Parka down the line. Toughest pick is if Thunder will actually be in his match. I guess so. Furia de Titanes reposted the Super Parka/Negro Casas hype article from the other day, and one pushing the relevos incredibles rematch.
People have reported varied results on getting refunds from cleeng over last week’s failed show. If you were going to get one, you probably have heard back. It looks like those who asked for them right away got them (in credit.) Those who waited until later were told that since it’s up to watch now, you’re not entitled to one. (That was my case.) I assume it’s not going to fail twice in a row but I wouldn’t put any money on that. If you’re on the fence about getting the show, a) probably don’t get the show and/or b) maybe air until the women’s match starts to see if it’s working for everyone before putting your money down.
AAA’s last holiday special episode will be up on their channel some time today, which suggests they’ll start airing Arena Neza next weekend. That seems like it leaves them one week short of having enough TV (or the Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera show is airing about 15 hours after it finishes.) I’m missing something, but it’ll probably be explained later.
AAA’s also doing their year end awards on Twitter this year. New Star of the year has Lady Shani, Taurus, Garza Jr. and Hijo del Pirata Morgan. Luchadora of the year picks are Taya, Goya Kong, Lady Shani and Faby Apache. Tecnico and rudo are coming later.
The 01/17 La Liga de La Justica show will have Misterioso versus Herodes Jr. in a bull terrier match. Someone should actually film the process of picking two names out and a stipulation out of hats, because I’m like 90% sure that’s how that one happened. Not that it’ll be bad, but I have no understanding why those people would be facing in that match.
The 01/24 Lucha Memes show will be a Memes Rumble (Royal Rumble) style match with 22 luchadors. Monterrey’s Lady Jagaur is the first entrant.
Riot has been adding matches from their first shows on YouTube. Rey Horuz vs Dralion, the first main event, is up now.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Heavy Metal cut a Facebook promo on Sharlie Rockster.
Suicida talks about the four way he’s in on New Year’s Day in Arena Lopez Mateos.
A look back at the year of wrestling in Cuernavaca.
CMLL (TUE) 01/05/2016 Arena México
1) Acero & Angelito vs Pequeño Nitro & Pequeño Universo 2000
2) Flyer, Robin, Star Jr. vs Akuma, Artillero, Espanto Jr.
3) Estrellita, La Vaquerita, Princesa Sugehit vs Amapola, La Seductora, Zeuxis
4) Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Sagrado [lightning]
5) Blue Panther Jr. vs Puma, Magnus, Skándalo, Hombre Bala Jr., El Cuatrero, Oro Jr., Hijo del Signo [Copa Junior, semifinal]
6) Marco Corleone, Máximo Sexy, Stuka Jr. vs Kráneo, Niebla Roja, Ripper
Kind of a lackluster card for what should be a big date. Main event is a sort of rematch; perhaps they’re really doing Ripper/Maximo soon.
Copa Junior starts as promised, though Hombre Bala is in Super Halcon’s place. Maybe he’s just out for the moment since he missed Tuesday as well, or maybe they didn’t want a repeat winner. Puma’s such the obvious favorite that I suspect Cuatrero or someone else off the board will actually win.
CMLL (TUE) 01/05/2016 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Divino & Metatrón vs El Chakal & Thunder Boy
2) Omar Brunetti, Sensei, Starman vs Disturbio, Maléfico, Metálico
3) Esfinge, Pegasso, Stigma vs Okumura, Sangre Azteca, Virus
4) Ángel de Oro, Rey Cometa, Titán vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Hechicero, Pólvora
5) Mistico, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys
Sky Team against sort of TGR in the main event. Semimain could be fun.
The Crash (FRI) 02/12/2016 Auditorio de Tijuana, Tijuana, Baja California
1) Mirage vs Septimo Dragon, Black Boy, Jinzo, Enigma, Proximo [The Crash Junior]
2) Ángel Metálico vs Hijo de Pirata Morgan
3) Genio Del Aire, Golden Magic, Súper Nova vs Star Boy, Tony Casanova, Zarco
4) Monsther Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Mr. Maldito, Taurus (AAA), Texano Jr.
5) Blue Demon Jr., Fenix (AAA), Rey Horuz vs John Morrison, Pentagón Jr., Teddy Hart
Teddy Hart being in Mexico stands out (and probably is a question mark.) “Morrison” being listed under that name seems to say something about how much the person putting this together is actually paying attention to AAA.
Mr. Maldito and Psycho Clown have been feuding on all of these shows, may eventually have a mask match.