CMLL (FRI) 11/13/2015 Arena México [thecubsfan]
1) Okumura, Puma, Tiger b Esfinge, Pegasso, Tritón
16:57. Rudos took 2/3. Tiger pulled Triton’s mask to reverse a pin and win. Rudos walked off with all the tecnico’s masks.
2) Amapola, La Seductora, Zeuxis b Estrellita, Princesa Sugehit, Syuri
Rudas took 2/3. Zeuxis beat Syuri with La Roca. They feuded, though not as much as last week.
3) Dragon Lee, Super Porky, Titán DQ Kamaitachi, Pólvora, Vangellys
11:18. Straight falls. Kamaitachi pulled Dragon Lee’s mask as he dodged the top rope hanging double stomp for the DQ.
4) Diamante Azul, Super Parka, Valiente b Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
13:10. Tecnicos took 2/3.
5) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero b Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Thunder
8:55. UG and Thunder continue to feud, with UG getting a sudden pin off a clothesline on Thunder for the win.
6) Rush b La Sombra
17:49. Rush took 2/3. Both men largely wrestled clean, though Sombra tried to cheat near the end. Fans did not support either man. Sombra escaped the corner driver by getting a hand on the ropes. Rush kicked out of the double knee smash, then reversals led to the Rush driver. Both mean talked about how great the other was and they left still as friends.
Sombra was spotted with officials from another promotion after the show. You know, the NJPW people. There was no angle after the match and there wasn’t a big storyline in this match; the main event felt like a practice Big NJPW Match, wrestled and planned to get both men more looks in Japan. (It definitely wasn’t a Big WWE Match, not with those headbutts.) It was not a match aimed at the general lucha audience, who needs a clearer tecnico/rudo dynamic than was provided in that match. Maybe that one year contract could be going to someone much higher on the card than we’ve been guessing. Maybe Rush and Sombra just went to CMLL and asked to do a real match with each other and the timing worked out. I’m not sure.
Sombra said he does not have a contract with WWE. You can see the comment here; Rush joking they’re going to RAW on Monday. There’s still something going on with him – he’s not booked anywhere after Sunday in Monday – but at some point you’ve got to just take some at their word if there’s no definite proof otherwise. There will be a later when it makes more sense.
It felt like the Dragon Lee/Kamaitachi feud was getting picked back up. It’s never really died off, but they haven’t been doing mask pull finishes of late. Most of the NJPW kids lose their hair on their way out of CMLL and there’s still a handful of dates for that to happen with Kamaitachi. Dragon Lee also had the lightweight title with him last night, which isn’t a weekly thing.
This is a busy and news-y weekend:
- Lucha Underground Season 2 (live) tapings kick off in a few hours. They’ll be taping tonight and tomorrow. If they follow the same pattern as they ended last year (and start when we guess), this weekend will cover the episodes on 01/13, 01/20, 01/27, and 02/04. Of note of people believed to debut this season, Rey Mysterio Jr. is scheduled on a US indie show this Saturday and in Juarez on Sunday (which also means Konnan probably will be at those events and not in LA), Speedball Mike Bailey is also listed on that Sunday card and Flamita says he’s working today’s Rudos de Neza show.
- AAA has that TV taping in Ciudad Juarez, where the interest is more on who’s going to be there rather than any of the matches. Cibernetico’s not going to be in the main event as it stands right now. He said last night that AAA wouldn’t let him wrestler on Friday’s Ciudad Madero show, which means AAA considers him out of the promotion. (Not enough out of the promotion to announce Cibernetico as off the taping, which at least leaves open the possibility that others listed for this card could end up elsewhere.) That leaves the main event as Averno, Chessman and TBD vs Rey Mysterio Jr., Psycho Clown and also TBD. There are a couple good matches on this card overshadowed by the drama: Dinastia versus Mini Abismo and Australian Suicide versus Daga & Steve Pain could both be great. This also appears to be the last taping before Guerra de Titanes, and there is currently no announced main event for Guerra de Titanes (or really any announced “Guerra de Titanes”), so maybe they’ll work on that?
- Cibernetico is expected to be at the Lucha Libre Elite show in Arena Mexico this weekend. How will the Arena Mexico crowd react to a long time AAA guy? Will their be other surprises? Will fans turn up this week?
Sobredosis lost his mask in Arena Coliseo Papa Milo. No name is listed. Hombre sin Miedo defeated him in a match also with Mr. Aguila & Laredo Kid. Show seemed to draw really well from other pictures I’ve seen. It was the building’s last show of the season.
El Pancracio talked to Rafael el Maya about leaving AAA, and he explained he doesn’t feel like his body can hold up to being a regular referee (citing a spine injury in particular) and wants to work less. He’s not sure if AAA will keep using him on a limited schedule. El Pancracio also talks to Carta Brava Jr. about his AAA experience so far.
IWRG (WED) 11/18/2015 Arena Naucalpan
1) Aramis & Vardeus vs Guerrero 2000 & Magnum 44
2) Black Dragón & Osiris vs Ángel De La Muerte I & Ángel De La Muerte II
3) Fireman, Rocket, Shadow Boy vs Matrix Jr., Power Bull, Vampiro Metálico
4) Black Terry, Hijo del Alebrije, Látigo vs Atomic Star, Eterno, Kanon [super libre]
5) Freyser, Mega, Ultra Mega vs Canis Lupus, Liderk, Violencia Jr.
Aramis dropping down to the opener is odd, but I have no idea how these shows work.
CMLL (FRI) 11/20/2015 Arena México
1) Fantasy & Stukita vs Demus 3:16 & Mercurio
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Pegasso, Súper Halcón Jr. vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Sangre Azteca, Súper Comando
3) Blue Panther, Blue Panther Jr., The Panther vs Felino, Puma, Tiger
4) Guerrero Maya Jr., Máximo Sexy, Stuka Jr. vs Kráneo, Morphosis, Ripper
5) Atlantis, Dragon Lee, Volador Jr. vs Kamaitachi, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
6) La Máscara, Marco Corleone, Rush vs Rey Bucanero, Shocker, Terrible
No Sombra, but no Thunder and Ultimo Guerrero. That is a hard trade but one I am sort of willing to make.
This will be the 49th known match Dragon Lee & Kamaitachi have both been in this year (including one team up.)
The Panthers/Felinos trios match is back, which means Super Comando appears to have been dropped from his own feud (or he’s going to do a run-in, or it’s just going to be two matches of mask ripping.)
Opener should be pretty good.