CMLL (TUE) 10/06/2015Arena México [CMLL]
1) Leono & Sensei vs Akuma & Cholo
2) Arkángel de la Muerte, Canelo Casas, Nitro b Magnus, Starman, Súper Halcón Jr.
3) Astral b Pequeño Violencia [lightning] Astral won in 9:45
4) Reyna Isis, Tiffany, Zeuxis b Estrellita, La Vaquerita, Princesa Sugehit
5) Disturbio, Rey Bucanero, Terrible b Blue Panther, Esfinge, Rey Cometa
6) Dragon Lee, La Sombra, Titán DQ Boby Zavala, Mephisto, Último Guerrero Sombra replaced Rush on Monday (which makes more sense based on last week’s finish.) Tecnicos took 2/3. Dragon Lee beat Mephisto in the second fall, Mephisto pulled Dragon Lee’s mask in the third. This set up a singles match next week.
Mephisto matches have not been as interesting the last few years, but he’s still a good guy for a crazy high flyer to face and no one is crazier than Dragon Lee. It could work.
I’m okay with CMLL not putting up the lightning match this week. I’m okay with CMLL not putting up most of this show.
AAA posted the UTDN (long) version of this week’s TV show, which the Cibernetico, Hijo del Fantasma, Texano Jr. versus La Parka, Monsther Clown, Murder Clown match. The show is listed as complete, so the three way tag from that show probably isn’t airing and they’ll be starting to air Heroes Inmortales this weekend after all.
CMLL has an article on Lestat versus Molotov. I was there for the start of Sombra/Atlantis mask and totally didn’t believe they were actually going to have a mask match a month later. I almost was in the building for the start of this feud too – maybe Molotov turned while we were still buying tickets – and I wouldn’t believe they would have a mask match a few weeks later either. CMLL is increasingly strange.
+LuchaTV has highlights of the Todo x el Todo main event from Monday. The building is too dark for me to tell if there was actually a decent crowd. Am.com.mx gives the attendance as 5,000. I’m skeptical of that number; we have capacity as 5,240 but they definitely cut off part of the arena for the entrance and the seats we could see weren’t full. The main event didn’t start until midnight, which is after everyone’s bed time and probably why the news reports about the show are only coming up today. Santo struck me as old much more than last we saw him.
No update on Guerrero Negro Junior. A columnist writes about Guerrero’s parents – his father was a wrestler for EMLL but his alcoholism hurt his career – and mentions Guerrero Negro Jr. had just opened a gym.
Atlatnis told Diario de Mexico that his retirement is not too far away, maybe just a couple years. Daniel Bryan better get his release quick. Atlantis also implies he has no interested in a retirement tour – one day, he’ll just finish a match, grab the mic, say “I’m retiring”, and then disappear completely. This is the same way I plan on going.
CMLL (TUE) 10/13/2015Arena México
1) Flyer & Sensei vs Cholo & Espanto Jr.
2) Astral, Eléctrico, Fantasy vs Demus 3:16, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico
3) Lluvia, Princesa Sugehit, Skadi vs La Seductora, Reyna Isis, Zeuxis
4) Delta, Fuego, Tritón vs Disturbio, Hechicero, Okumura
5) Rey Cometa, Super Porky, Titán vs Cavernario, Felino, Mr. Niebla
6) Dragon Lee vs Mephisto
The problem with Titan (and Cometa and Cavernario) moving up is they’re running into people who don’t work as well with them moving down. Fourth match should be good.
It’s surprising anyone cares about the Ingobernables feuds given how poorly they’re used. Mascara and Volador will probably get along for most of the match and then fall apart by the end, as they have for two straight years go on.
Speaking of bad ideas CMLL can’t let go of, Thunder’s back. This is not a good card.
DTU (FRI) 10/30/2015Coliseo Fraternidad, Veracruz, Veracruz 1) ?, ??, ??? vs ????, ?????, ?????? names too small to read 2) Erwin & Irving vs Masizito & Porrito Irving & Erwin are Chiki Nerds 3) Flyer Boy, Junior, Perro Negro Jr. vs Kid Lobo, Kronos, Maremoto Jr. 4) Joven Maravilla & Lady Maravilla vs Abadon & Zuzu Divine and Principe Dorada and Gio El Malkriado 5) Jimmy, Kevin, Tony vs Aero Power, Anarquia, Hijo De Butire 6) Rocky Lobo vs Ángel del Misterio, Septimo Dragon, Lanzeloth, Chica Ye-Ye 7) Ángel o Demonio & Ovett vs Black Baby & Sepulutra 8) Cíclope & Miedo Extremo vs Black Fire & Pesadilla and Atila & Tiburon
First of the three show DTU tour; the others cards may be out by the time you read this. Whoever came up with “Erwin and Irving” deserves a gold star.