CMLL (SUN) 10/04/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [CMLL]
1) Black Sugar b Capitan Cobra
Capitan Cobra replaced Mascara de Oro.
2) Mercenario, Mr. Apolo, Mr. Brisa b Ángel Aéreo, Linterna, Rey Halcón
3) El Alteño, Explosivo, Star Black DQ Demonio Rojo, Gitano, Gran Kenut
Demonio Rojo came back in after being eliminated for the DQ.
4) Chik Tormenta DQ La Pantera
Pantera trapped Chik Tormenta’s arm in the ropes and kicked her until she was DQed. Tormenta challenged Pantera for her Universal Extremo championship (?)
5) El Divino, Frezzer, Metatrón b El Chakal, El Yaqui, Thunder Boy
The rudos had all sorts of problem. Chakal & Yaqui blamed Yaqui for the loss and attacked him, with the tecnicos making the save.
6) León Blanco, Nautilius, Omar Brunetti b Mr. Trueno, Ráfaga, Rey Trueno
Leon Blanco beat Rafaga
A usual Sunday show.
CMLL (MON) 10/05/2015 Arena Puebla [CMLL, El Popular]
1) Ares, Guerrero Espacial, Metálico b Meyer, Milenium, Robin
Rudos took 2/3. Milenium’s first match this year, Meyer’s first match since May.
2) Espanto Jr., Rey Apocalipsis, Toro Bill Jr. b Black Tiger, Rey Samuray, Soberano Jr.
Tecnicos took 2/3. Rey Apocalispis & Toro Bill were accompanied by La Adelita. Match fell apart (Espanto Jr. injuring himself, Rey Samuray messing up his ramp running springboard armdrag).
3) Dragon Lee, Lestat, Stigma b Kamaitachi, Molotov, Policeman
tecnicos took 2/3. Lestat beat Molotov and challenged him to a mask match. Molotov agreed and attacked Lestat. The match is happening next week.
4) Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto b Marco Corleone, Valiente, Volador Jr.
straight falls, Mephisto beating Volador with the Devil’s Wings twice (which seems to be much more powerful going into a title match than actually in a title match.) Mephisto asked Volador for a welterweight shot, Volador accepted, and Mephisto beat him up (much as the last match ended.)
5) Atlantis, Mr. Niebla, Último Guerrero DQ La Máscara, La Sombra, Shocker [Relevos Increíbles]
Team Atlantis took 2/3 in a quick match, with Sombra fouling Atlantis to end it.
All the Japanese trainees lose an apuesta match or two when they come to CMLL (at least since they started caring about them again.) Sometimes, with Kamaitachi or Namajague, they’re really good wrestlers and they can headline a major show. Yoshihashi was different, Yoshihashi wasn’t much good in CMLL, so CMLL fulfilled the obligation by hiding in Arena Puebla as to not to inflict it on an actual good show. My best guess is this is what’s happening with Molotov too. He’s not Japanese, but CMLL fills some obligation to give him a mask match while realizing he’s not good enough to put in their major arena. At least I hope this happens, because Molotov winning a a mask
TXT (MON) 10/05/2015 Domo de la Feria, León, Guanajuato [+LuchaTV, Fuego en el Ring]
1) ? ?? ??
2) Lady Apache b Rossy Moreno
3) Bobby Lee Jr., Huracan Ramirez, Rayman b Heddi Karaoui, Pirata Morgan, Zumbi
Rayman beat Karaoui and asked for a title match. Karaoui said no (and possibly can’t if this is his last night with TxT
4) Angel Blanco Jr. © b Cielito [WWA MIDDLE]
fourth defense? Cielito is Magnifico II, getting a new name.
5) Canek, El Hijo Del Santo, Octagón b Dr. Wagner Jr., Fuerza Guerrera, Heavy Metal
Santo challenged Heavy Metal to a mask versus hair match (?)
Couldn’t really get a sense of the crowd from the pictures, which is probably a good sign of the size of the crowd. Santo challenging Metal is so random that I assume it’s actually happening.
Lucha Libre Elite, the new name for the company that used to be All Elite, says they’re returning to Arena Mexico on 10/25. That’s a Sunday, the week before the Dia de Muertos shows (which may explain why they started the Sunday title match program for that early; they’re losing a week.) “All Elite” was in legal trouble over the show in Queretaro that fell apart, which might explain why they’re using a new name now. Lucha Libre Elite appears to be the group promoting the Leyendas shows in Guadalajara the last couple of months. The card for this show should be out soon.
Guerrero Negro Jr., who part of CMLL’s En Busca de un Idolo in 2014 before leaving the promotion and returning home to Satillo, was shot twice in the chest from a moving car early Monday morning. The unknown attacker shot at him six times and hit him twice. He was with his girlfriend, who immediately drove to his hospital. He’s said to be “in delicate but stable condition.”
Sombra, Dragon Lee and Titan take on Ultimo Guerrero, Mephisto and Boby Zavala in today’s CMLL Arena Mexico show. Sombra replaces the originally announced Rush but makes more sense in that spot, since he cost Dragon Lee the match last week. Zavala hasn’t got his title match for winning the En Busca de un Idolo. The recap mentions his shoulder is healthy (and the Universal tournament is half over) so maybe it’ll come up soon.
CMLL says Demus and Shockercito will sign for their hair match Wednesday on CMLL Informa. No date is specified, but they imply it’ll be the 10/30 Friday Dia de Muertos show
Black Terry Jr. has highlights of the Metaleon/Magnificos versus Centviron, Fly Warrior, Latigo match from CaraLucha
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update and this week’s Poster-Mania.
Segunda Caida reviews random CMLL.
Kcidis draws Copa Antonio Pena winner Taurus.
Tiger Man took Zagam’s mask in Pachuca.
Hijo del Fantasma on Super Nova’s chances of joining La Sociedad.
CMLL (MON) 10/12/2015 Arena Puebla
1) Arkalis, Milenium, Zaeta Roja vs Ares, Espíritu Maligno, Saurón
2) Black Tiger, Magnus, Oro Jr. vs Cancerbero, Fuerza Chicana, Raziel
3) Ángel de Oro, Stigma, Stuka Jr. vs Puma, Tiger, Virus
4) Lestat vs Molotov [mask]
5) La Sombra, Marco Corleone, Máximo vs Euforia, Mr. Niebla, Shocker
6) Volador Jr. © vs Mephisto [NWA WELTER]
Voaldor 4th defense
A pretty loaded Puebla card. Hopefully the restrictions they seem to be working under (1h50m shows, openers toned down) will be lifted for this show or they’ll be some really quick matches.