CMLL (FRI) 09/18/2015 Arena México [CMLL, ESTO, SuperLuchas]
1) Disturbio, Puma, Virus b Esfinge, Fuego, The Panther
Rudos took 1/3
2) Guerrero Maya Jr., Máximo, Stuka Jr. b Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Tecnicos took 2/3
3) Dark Angel b Princesa Sugehit
announced as mano a mano, not a lightning (10 minute time limit). Dark Angel’s farewell match. Dark Angel won with a reinera. She thanked the fans and Paco Alonso.
4) Dragon Lee, Mistico, Valiente b Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
Tecnicos took 2/3 to loud boos
5) Shocker, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr. DQ Marco Corleone, Rush, Thunder[Relevos Increíbles]
Shocker replaced LA Park on 09/07, Marco Corleone replaced Dr. Wagner on 09/11. Team Volador took 2/3, the last when Rush got himself DQed. Volador challenged Rush to a hair match.
6) Atlantis b La Sombra [mask]
Atlantis won Sombras mask, taking the first fall by DQ when Rush interfered, and the last by Atlantida. Sombra is Manuel Alfonso Andrade Oropez, 25 years old, from Gomez Palacio.
Main event was excellent and most watch. Fanbase didn’t exactly thing so; attendance was down to around 85%, with the biggest empty areas in the mid priced seats. The most expensive and the cheapest looked pretty much as sold out as last year, but the overall gate is going to be done.
Still, Atlantis defending his mask appears to be the best draw in CMLL (maybe in Mexico), and it would not be a surprise for him to keep doing it every year. No one else is coming close to the putting that many people in the building at those prices, the issue is finding people who might still make it feel like he’s in danger of losing. Ultimo did that last year, Sombra did that this year. The immediate post match idea seemed to be Rush versus Atlantis. Rush never losing his hair helps, but they’re going to have to keep building him over the next year to make it work.
Rest of the card was ok to good match which won’t be remembered much. Crowd did not treat Dark Angel’s retirement match as any big deal, it was the weakest reaction of anything on the show. Thunder was awful in person.
+LuchaTV has highlights of the mask match. I’m told the show can be found on YouTube, but I haven’t looked yet.
SuperLuchas has a lengthy interview with Dark Angel, talking about her time in Mexico and that chewed pencil. While she doesn’t plan to wrestle in Mexico again, she hopes to return on vacation to see her friends.
SuperLuchas also remembers Roberto Paz.
The Mexico City museum of modern art will host a party on October 3rd to celebrate the release of a magazine issue on lucha libre.
CMLL (FRI) 09/25/2015 Arena México
1) Pegasso & Starman vs Cancerbero & Raziel
2) Fantasy, Shockercito, Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pequeño Olímpico
3) Ángel de Oro, Rey Cometa, Tritón vs Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
4) Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero vs Pólvora, Rey Escorpión, Thunder
5) Atlantis, Máximo, Valiente vs La Máscara, La Sombra, Marco Corleone
6) Volador Jr. vs Rush
They’re wasting no time starting off Volador & Rush. It seems like it should be a while before the match actually happens, but anything is possible in a place where Sombra lost his mask off a month and a half build. This is only the second time they’ve faced; Rush defeated Volador via La Mascara interference last year.