DTU (SUN) 06/21/2015 Deportivo Benito Juárez, Gustavo A. Madero, Distrito Federal [+LuchaTV, Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), Kronosport, The Gladiatores]
1) Jimmy, Kevin, Tony b Joven Maravilla, Maremoto Jr., Perro Mocho Jr.
2) Masamune b Rocky Lobo
3) Jinzo b Septimo Dragon
4) Lokillo b Black Fire and Lanzeloth and Artikus
5) Crazy Boy & Pesadilla b Joven Maravilla & Maremoto Jr. Scheduled to be a tag title defense, but the titles are instead vacant. The younger guys wrestled twice, fought well, but lost.
6) Flamita b Rich Swann said to be very good
Attendance was terrible. All the early pictures I saw seemed to be taken from the same side of the ring, and there appeared to be all of 50 people in frame. Kept hoping there was a bigger crowd behind the camera, but no – they were all taking pictures on that side because there were even less fans there. The Gladiatores recaps speculates Father’s Day or the heavy rain might have kept people away. ChilangaMask did do a pretty good crowd on the same day, though did they start prior to the rain. They also ran long because of the rain delay – if there were people planning on going on both shows, they may have changed their mind.
CMLL (MON) 06/22/2015Arena Puebla [El Popular, Periodico Enfoque]
1) King Jaguar, Rey Apocalipsis, Toro Bill Jr. b Arkalis, Lestat, Rey Samuray The Battllon de la Muerte brought roosters to the ring. King Jaguar beat Lestat for the win.
2) Goya Kong, Lluvia, Marcela b Dalys, Tiffany, Zeuxis Marcela beat Dalys.
3) Okumura, Tiger, Virus b Fuego, Stigma, Tritón Stigma replaced Dragon Lee, Tiger replaced Kamaitachi. Okumura beat Stigma.
4) Kráneo, Morphosis, Ripper b Atlantis, Delta, Naito Kraneo beat Atlantis, and Atlantis needed medical attention after the match. Naito’s last match for this tour.
5) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero b La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush Guerreros took 1/3, Gran Guerrero beating Sombra clean in the third. Sombra & Gran made singles and mask match challenges post match.
Gran Guerrero versus La Sombra is an odd Puebla Anniversary main event.
The only innocuous explanation I can come up with is All Elite booked these guys long ago, the TNA PPV got announced a bit later, and All Elite never told CMLL (or the right people in CMLL) they changed the main event. That’d also explain why All Elite hasn’t announced the surprise wrestlers – they may have not figured out the replacements. I have no idea why CMLL even puts out the All Elite card.
Maximo says his ankle injury turned out to just be a sprain. That’s a great relief. He plans to be in Guadalajara today as scheduled. No promotion is as quick to put people on stretchers for injuries as CMLL. That’s likely the best thing for injury treatment, but it causes a false alarm a week or at least a numbing sensation to the whole thing. (Triton went out on a stretcher too, and I haven’t thought about it twice.)
IWRG (SUN) 06/28/2015Arena Naucalpan
1) Blue Monsther & Hijo del Alebrije vs Enigma & Picudo Jr.
2) Dragón Celestial, Skayde, Vortize vs Aramis, Atomic Star, Super Jack
3) Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro, Golden Magic vs Apolo Estrada Jr., Oficial 911, Oficial AK47
4) Danny Casas, Solar I, Súper Nova vs Eterno, Negro Navarro, Universo 2000 Jr.
5) Hijo De Dos Caras, Pantera, Veneno vs Canis Lupus, Coloso Chris, Príncipe Orión
Who is Coloso Chris and why should I care about him being in the main event? Good for Blue Monsther for making it to a real show.
They really are doing Sombra/Gran Guerrero, though it’s unclear if this is meant to be an Anniversary show. Kamaitachi listed as back in action.
Cara Lucha (SAT) 07/11/2015Arena San Juan Pantitlan, Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl, Estado de México
1) Principe Aereo & Rey Fenix vs Centella Atomic & Shadow
2) Demus 3:16 vs Yoruba
3) Jinzo vs Aramis, Septimo Dragon, Epydemius
4) Flamita vs Wasson
5) Felino vs Guerrero Mixtico
6) Rush vs Pagano
Really good undercard and two eh main events. Positive first: looking forward to see what Wasson can do against Flamita, the flyers four way should be fun and Yoruba and Demus seem like a good mix. I wish Guerrero Mixtico faces a Casas family member who was more likely to show up, mostly because we’re all kind of waiting for the Guerrero Mixtico breakout singles match and that doesn’t seem like it. Main event doesn’t seem promising – I kind of hope Pagano is actually drawing people because it’d be a fair tradeoff to keep booking him in high profile matches if people actually want to pay to see him. (All the indy promoters are treating him like he’s a new Necro Butcher, so maybe he is?) Rush’s work here against a much more skilled Hechicero wasn’t anything great, and I’m thinking he’ll be less interested to face an indy guy. Maybe I’ll be wrong but I’m skeptical there will be much out of that.