taped 2015-01-18 @ Auditorio de Santo Tomas Chiconautla, Ecatepec, Estado de México
As noted below, AAA’s confirmed Irma Osorno was the AAA staff member who passed away after a bus accident this morning. There’s no other new details about the situation.
AAA hasn’t said if this affects their plans with Rey de Reyes. They’ve been quiet outside of Marisela Pena’s statements. There’s no wrong way to handle this situation – whatever they do is understandable. Updated: AAA has announced the show is still on.
Alberto el Patron posted a message early this morning explaining why he wouldn’t be able to be on Rey de Reyes. He explained he was committed to a show in Australia and could not legally get out of it. He’s billed as wrestling in Melbourne on Friday. Alberto explains he canceled his England bookings last week because Mexico was more important, but he can’t get out of the Australian ones without legal problems. Alberto takes full responsibility for the situation.
LyC (SUN) 03/15/2015 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [LuchaMania]
1) Arkángel de la Muerte & Destroyer Kid b Bestia I & Bestia Ii
2) Aguila Azteca, Gato Fantasma, Ninja Jr. b Centauro, Genocida, Rico Rodriguez
3) Memo Valles, Potro Jr., Sergio Romo Jr. b Bengali, Kaientai, Tigre Universitario
4) Epidemus, Espectro Jr., Laredo Kid b Difunto I, Herodes Jr., Mr. Águila
Espectro Jr. replaced Axel. Laredo and Aguila looked good against each other.
5) Dr. Wagner Jr. & Silver King b Hijo del Ninja & Ultimo Ninja [LyC TAG, cage]
crowd was more behind Wagners this time. Hijo del Ninja escaped, but Ultimo Ninja was trapped and bled heavily. Hijo del Ninja tried to come back in, but was stopped by referee Yaqui and then Mr. Aguila & Espectro Jr. Humberto Garza helped run them off and the Garzas started to climb the cage, but Dr. Wagner Jr. had given Ultimo Ninja a martinete by that point. The Wagners escaped before the Garzas could get to them, and won the cage match and tag titles in the process.
Appears to be another strong turn out for the Monterrey promotion and a big angle to set up another match down the line. Noches de Coliseo doesn’t seem to be airing on the US feed of Multimedios – or it’s been moved to a different slot? – but the video of the first Wagners/Ninja mask is up on their YouTube channel. (It’s got the TV time/weather graphic there, which is why I think it may just be a US/Mexico feed issue.) Xtreme Tiger will be on their 04/05 show.
IWRG (SUN) 03/15/2015 Arena Naucalpan [IWRG]
Guerra del Golfo, 2015
1) Atomic Star b Omega
Straight falls. Omega was injuried.
2) Emperador Azteca & Metaleón b Hip Hop Man & Imposible
Emperador Azteca & Imposible are feuding again.
3) Negro Navarro, Rayan, Spector b Black Terry, Chicano, Hijo De Dos Caras
Navarro won, and wants a title match against Hijo de Dos Caras.
4) Danny Casas L Cien Caras Jr., Eterno, El Hijo del Diablo, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Hijo del Fishman, Veneno, Oficial 911 [cage, loser advances]
Eterno & Mascara beat up Danny Casas and left him behind to lose. Cien Caras Jr.’s first match here this year, Fishman’s first in 13 months.
5) X-Fly L Rayan, Relámpago, Universo 2000 Jr., Hijo de LA Park, Apolo Estrada, Oficial AK47, Máscara Sagrada [cage, loser advances]
Rayan worked twice, replacing Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. Hijo de LA Park’s first match since 2012. Apolo attacked X-Fly and no one would let him leave. Ending sequence was a long sequence between Relampago, Hijo de La Park and X-Fly, with X-Fly left behind. X-Fly appeared to be passed out due to blood loss at one point, with Relampago standing on the rope and looking at him instead of leaving, then coming back in to get X-Fly to his feet and do more spots with him before leaving anyway.
6) X-Fly b Danny Casas [cage, hair]
X-Fly was laying on the mat, being checked on by the referee (and the doctors from outside the cage) when Danny Casas climbed back in and attacked him. X-Fly was standing up and fighting a few minutes later. X-Fly got a 3 (or maybe 4) count on Danny Casas, then climbed out and left to win.
I watched the last 10 minutes of this, waiting for it to get done so I could finish working on the video post. It was what you’d expect from recent IWRG. X-Fly alternated between dead and completely fine. He won by giving Danny Casas a chair shot to the back, standing over him for a second, carefully kneeling down on knee, then bending over with a two hand press to casually cover Danny Casas. The referee dropped down, checked the pin as if making a count, then counted to three. X-Fly got up, started to celebrate, then ran towards the cage wall and climbed up as if they all had just decided the rules were escape the cage. (It appeared to be both at various times.) Danny chased X-Fly as if stopping him would matter, but X-Fly escaped with his unlikely victory.
IWRG also announced it’s schedule of major events for the rest of the year
04/05: Rey del Ring
04/19: Ruleta de la Muerte Encadenados
05/03: Festiva de la Mascars
05/17: Guerra Revolucionario con Correas
06/07: Jaula de las Locas
07/05: Guerra de Familias
08/02: Legado Final de Padres e Hijos
09/06: La Gran Cruzada
10/04: Caravana de Campeones
10/18: Guerra de Empreseas
11/01: Castillo del Terror
12/16: 58th Anniversary of Lucha Libre in Estado de Mexico
12/20: 38th Arena Naucalpan Anniversary
CMLL (MON) 03/16/2015 Arena Puebla [Periodico Enfoque, Periodico Enfoque (photos)]
1) Black Tiger & Robin b Guerrero Espacial & King Jaguar
2) Arkángel de la Muerte, Nitro, Toro Bill Jr. b Lestat, Soberano Jr., Tigre Rojo Jr.
3) Dragon Lee, Stuka Jr., Tritón DQ Kamaitachi, Okumura, Sangre Azteca
Kamaitachi unmasked and fouled Dragon Lee in the final build up to their mask match.
4) Atlantis, Máximo, Super Porky b Ephesto, Kráneo, Mephisto
5) Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero b Mistico, Valiente, Volador Jr.
UG got away with pulling of Mistico’s mask for the win.
Not so much the trios title match…
One of the many things we miss out by not getting to see live shows any more is finding out how CMLL is promoting the shows to live audiences. We’ve seen the Cinepolis ad signs, but don’t know if they’re airing a video promo during the show or having the ring announcer push it hard. Following up the Kamaitachi/Dragon Lee trios with a reminder that fans can go to the movie theater in Puebla to see the mask match would’ve been a good move, but it’s tough to tell if it’s something they’re doing.
LI (MON) 03/16/2015 La Casa de Cultura, Acolman, Estado de México [Tercera Caida]
3) Canek Jr., Hijo del Solar, Mr. Jack Jr. b Triturador, Tyson La Bestia,Xandao
4) El Fantasma, Mr. Jack, Solar I b Histeria II, Maniaco, Psicosis
Maniaco (or a new Maniaco 2000) resurfaced to replaced Veneno. DQ for Mascara Ano 2000 running in for some reason.
5) Fuerza Guerrera, Máscara Año 2000, Mr. Niebla DQ Canek, Gronda,Heavy Metal
Niebla faked a foul. Mascara and Metal continue to feud.
It’s tough to figure out when the last time this Maniaco wrestled because there’s other people using the name. It’s been quite a while.
CMLL has two title matches tonight. Arena Mexico hosts Mercurio challenging Astral for the CMLL Mini Estrellas Championship. Mercurio’s been great of late. He’s unlikely to win the championship, but the title match has greatest promise. The actual main event is the Reyes del Atlantida taking on the Hijos del Infierno in their second match as a trio.
Shocker & Negro Casas defend the CMLL tag team championship against an Ingobernable trio once again. This time, it’s Marco & Rush as challengers. This seems slightly more likely to have a title change, because Rush is capable of winning any title at any time, but it’s still overall more likely to be a successful title defense. The semimain has the Sky Team versus Guerreros. The tercera has the official CMLL in-ring debut for Reyna Isis, who’s been seconding the Tuareg for years and occasionally wrestling at indy shows.
Intocable, who’s been rarely spotted wrestling in the last half decade, has been cast on the next season of the La Isla reality show.
Homenaje a Dos Leyendas apparently will be airing on Samurai TV in April 11th. These airings are important again, because it’s likely to be the most complete version of the show.
Tinieblas Jr. ssys his FULL promotion will be airing on TV Mexiquense on Sunday at 12pm, though it reads as if it’s not starting to air until 04/19. It’s also available on Roku. Their next show will be taped on 03/26 in Toluca.
A report on this past weekend’s Expo Mascaras, and it’s ceremony honoring Lola Gonzalez.
CMLL highlights from 03/13 CMLL.
SuperLuchas looks back at Blue Panther vs Avipson Negro in a mask match.
The mask Aerostar is said to have won from Super Fly was sold on a Japanese lucha libre site. It went for about $400 USD.
CMLL (FRI) 03/20/2015 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Brillante & Meteoro vs El Piraña & Satara
2) El Alteño, El Tapatío, Índigo vs Gitano, Gran Kenut, Thunder Boy
3) Frezzer, Javier Cruz Jr., Leo vs Exterminador, Furia Roja, Sádico
4) Flash I, Flash II, Forastero vs El Cuatrero, Ráfaga, Sansón
5) Gallo, Omar Brunetti, Pepe Aguayo vs Gran Eku, Jocker, Maléfico
Gitano is yet another new name here. (The database is picking up on the Veracruz one; this is probably not him.) Main event follows up on the interference in last week’s main event.
CMLL (SAT) 03/21/2015 Arena Coliseo
1) Último Dragoncito vs Pierrothito
2) Molotov vs Hijo del Signo
3) Oro Jr. vs Canelo Casas
4) Starman vs Raziel
5) Stigma vs Cancerbero
6) Fuego & Tritón vs Misterioso Jr. & Pierroth
7) Dragon Lee, Mistico, Valiente vs Ephesto, Kamaitachi, Mephisto
Dragon Lee or Kamaitachi’s first match unmasked, with Dragon Lee having a rare team up with his brother.
CMLL (SUN) 03/22/2015 Arena México
1) Bengala & Metatrón vs Camorra & Espanto Jr.
2) La Vaquerita, Princesa Sugehit, Skadi vs La Comandante, La Seductora, Tiffany
3) Dragon Lee, Fuego, Pegasso vs Boby Zavala, Okumura, Virus
4) Super Porky vs Kráneo [lightning]
5) Ángel de Oro, Blue Panther, Dragón Rojo Jr. vs Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja, Rey Escorpión
6) Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Mistico vs Euforia, Mephisto, Negro Casas
Putting Super Porky in a singles match, even with Kraneo, seems like it’s asking a lot. CMLL cotinues to produce good terceras.
CMLL (MON) 03/23/2015 Arena Puebla
1) Arkalis, Meyer, Zaeta Roja vs Artillero, Policeman, Súper Comando
2) La Vaquerita, Marcela, Princesa Sugehit vs Dalys, La Comandante, Tiffany
3) Delta, Fuego, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Kamaitachi, Okumura, Puma
4) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush vs Negro Casas, Rey Bucanero, Thunder
5) Mistico vs Último Guerrero
This is only the second time Ultimo Guerrero has faced this Mistico; the last was two years ago in Guadalajara, with UG coming out on top.
Zaeta Rojo is yet another local getting a match here.
A bus carrying AAA’s staff collided into a truck at a toll booth around 1AM Tuesday morning near Morelia, Michoacan. 30 people were injured, and one person died. SuperLuchas has an unconfirmed report that deceased is Irma Osorno, who was the coordinator of the edcanes. 14 people were taken to local hospitals, 16 were treated on the scene. The drivers of both vehicles fled the scene.
Update 2: This article has the clearest picture and description of the accident. A flatbed truck was parked on the highway. The bus driver did not realize the truck wasn’t moving and impaled the bus on the truck.
The AAA crew was traveling back to Mexico City after the unsuccessful attempt at running a show in Rey de Reyes on Monday. AAA travels with two buses, one for the wrestlers and one of the staff (and sometimes photographers and vendors.) The wrestler bus appears unaffected. Among those mentioned as hurt and treated on the scene is Miguel Fonseca, part of the AAA creative department.
My condolences to the family and friends of the deceased, and hopefully everyone else will quickly recover.