CMLL (MON) 02/23/2015 Arena Puebla [Periodico Enfoque, Periodico Enfoque (fotos)]
1) Bengala & Tigre Rojo Sr. b Cholo & King Jaguar
2) Akuma, Disturbio, Policeman b Arkalis, Asturiano, Black Tiger
3) Cancerbero, Canelo Casas, Raziel b Lestat, Stigma, Tigre Rojo Jr.
Stigma replaced Starman.
4) Atlantis, Máximo, Volador Jr. b Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero
5) La Máscara, La Sombra, Marco Corleone DQ Bárbaro Cavernario, Felino, Negro Casas
Sombra tossed his mask to Negro Casas to draw the DQ.
Also, now there’s a lucha libre magazine (or maybe program) being given away at Arena Puebla shows called “Estrellas de la Lucha Libre”
Tonight’s Arena Mexico has Volador vs Ultimo Guerrero, rivals in and out of the ring. Their last singles match in Guadalajara ended prematurely when the ref counted three on a spot that was meant to be a near fall (which neither man tried to hide all that much.) Volador won that match, which may have not been the plan – tonight’s show might remedy it.
The usual bit of Monday replacements have changed tonight’s Arena Mexico card. Zeuxis is obviously out – the latest report has her out five (!) months after ankle surgery this morning. That’s quite sad. Comandante takes her place – maybe she’s the one who will end up on more shows going forward. Rey Cometa was listed on the show but he shouldn’t be back this soon from his own surgery. He’s been replaced by Fuego. Estrellita is also often, replaced by Marcela. Can’t find a reason for that one.
In addition, Hombre Bala takes Flyer’s place on this week’s Sabado Retro card.
La Sombra and Rey Bucanero, Volador’s forever rival and his current one, face off in their own singles match in Guadalajara. Rey Bucanero really should win if Homenaje a Dos Leyendas is airing in movie theaters in Guadalajara. That’s just a bizarre sentence to write.
AAA announced they’d be running a taping on 03/06 in Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera. It’s their first TV taping there since late November. AAA’s plans of running their monthly have never come close to coming thru – and indy promotion running there a weekend later indicate they lost whatever exclusivity they were supposed to have – but it’s still a good DF venue and the biggest building they seem to be running outside of major shows.
There’s no card announced, but it should come quick. They’ve announced this show much closer to it happening than usual; it’s unclear if the deal just came together late or if they’re just been trying to spotlight the Alberto appearances in Neza & Naucalpan before revealing he would also be in DF.
This DF taping means Rey de Reyes probably won’t start airing on TV until the first weekend of April. There’s been no hint of PPV for that, so we’re probably waiting. Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera was where AAA had the free internet broadcast of an AAA taping last year. There was really never any explanation of what that was about – it seemed like a test run for iPPV but that never happened – so there’s no telling if it’ll happen again.
Oscar and Enrique talk about the Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera announcement, the busy AAA week ahead, and exactly how long it takes to get to Guadalajara from Mexico City. That is actually a thing I’ve actually tried to figure out in years past, but they sort it out.
Lucha Libre World has announced they’ll be running York Hall in London on July 9th, 10th, and 11th. It’s tough to grasp that there are two different lucha libre shows running in London head to head, so here’s a table
||Lucha Libre World (facebook)
||Lucha Future (facebook)
||July 9th, 10th, and 11th
||York Hall, London
||Royal Albert Hall, London
||Hijo del Santo, Dr. Wagner Jr.,
Casandro, Mascarita Sagrada,
Magno, more TBA
|Demon, Parka (AAA), Psycho Clown,
Villano IV, Hijo del Fantasma, Pentagon,
Fenix, Texano, Magno, Mini Blue Demon,
Mini Histeria, Octagoncito, Mini Abismo,
Sexy Star, Faby Apache, plus one more
||38.20 (obstructed?) to 104.50
One would think each promotion would know about each other, but I’m always surprised. No idea how Magno is working both, but it kind of points to usual opponent Casandro being the unannounced person on the AAA show. I’d assume one of the tecnico minis is working as Mini Blue Demon for the show.
RobViper has a (repost?) music video of 06/10/05 CMLL – the first Reyes del Aires competition.
LuchaWorld has a recap of this week’s Lucha Underground.
IWRG’s announced a IWRG vs AAA cage match on 03/04. No hint as to who’s in it, but maybe it’s something set up on Friday’s AAA show in Naucalpan.
Tercera Caida seems to be teasing a new TV show. No details.
Jack Evans is tired of the Hell Brothers.
Dr. Wagner’s match from July in Tokyo is now on DailyMotion.
DJ Spectro looks back at Atlantis’ first card.
Estrellas del Ring interviews Chile’s Hellspawn and Diva Virtual
An article about a lucha libre radio show in Bolivia.
CMLL (MON) 03/02/2015 Arena Puebla
1) Black Tiger, Meyer, Star Jr. vs Espanto Jr., Espíritu Maligno, Saurón
2) Oro Jr., Pegasso, Rey Samuray vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Nitro, Policeman
3) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stigma vs Misterioso Jr., Pierroth, Sagrado
4) Ángel de Oro, Dragón Rojo Jr., Titán vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Rey Bucanero
5) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Negro Casas, Shocker
Rey Samuray makes his return here; there’s not enough spots for all the Puebla local who could be working this shows, and some guys are just going four months in between appearances. They could easily find enough people for a sixth weekly match, but they may not want to pay for a sixth match (and it’s a show that ends late in the night as it is.)
Mr. Niebla being one third of the current national trios champions is one of a couple things I’ve forgotten. I’ve got no idea how CMLL is going to get out of that – and they kind of need to unless they plan on changing the Universal tournament format – but the main event feud Ingobernables vs Peste Negra feud seems like something which normally would be leading to a trios title match.
AULL (SUN) 03/08/2015 Arena Lopez Mateos
1) Pakal & Sniper vs Palacio Maya & Prehispanic
2) Pegazuz, Shibata, Spider Boy vs Ave Negra, Discordia, Ironía
3) Ángel de la Noche, Ángel Del Amor, Rey Krystal vs Hijo De Coco Amarillo, Hijo De Coco Azul, Hijo De Coco Rojo
4) Donatelo, Leonardo, Miguel Angel, Rafael vs Tortuga Mutant I, Tortuga Mutant II, Tortuga Mutant II, Tortuga Mutant IV
5) Epitafio, Leviatham, Samael, Tormento vs Leo (IWRG), Mike, Rafy, Teelo
I forgot the Tortuga Mutants were around in the mid-2000s, prior to their appearance on this past week’s show. Looking back, there was usually two or three of them (so at least one of these are new and probably all of them.) It looks to be a regular gimmick – they’re already booked in April.
UWE (SAT) 03/14/2015 Arena Lopez Mateos
1) Chacal & Príncipe Azteca vs El Nahual & King Star
2) Dante, Euro, Filder vs Andy Boy, Danger, Guerrero Mixtico
3) Mike Segura, Terry 2000, Yakuza vs Freelance, Ironia, Sádico
4) Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Silver King, Silver King Jr. vs Hijo del Ninja, Rico Rodriguez, Ultimo Ninja
5) Myzteziz, Pantera, Solar I vs ?, Averno, Negro Navarro
There’s a similar card a week later in Deportivo Reynosa a week later. There’s the AAA logo, but this seems like Myzteziz and Averno working outside dates. This show also has the LyC Ninjas vs Silver King/Wagner feud making it’s way to Mexico City.
AAA (SUN) 03/29/2015 Arena Solidaridad, Monterrey, Nuevo León
1) Mascarita Sagrada & Octagoncito vs Mini Abismo Negro & Mini Charly Manson
2) ?, Faby Apache, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Mamba, Sexy Star, Taya Valkyrie
3) Angélico & Jack Evans vs Parka Negra & Pentagón Jr.
4) Monsther Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Averno, Chessman, Cibernético
5) El Mesías, El Patrón Alberto, La Parka vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Texano Jr., Zorro
Another non-TV appearance for an Alberto on a loaded card. Same night as WrestleMania. That won’t kill the show in Mexico but it does seem like something you’d still try to avoid if you’re going thru the expense of paying for this card. Alberto, Sexy Star, Pentagon and Angelico being booked here suggests Lucha Underground is not taping this weekend – that’s what I’d assume, but I haven’t seen the March schedule yet.
In something which may or may not mean anything, the poster has Jennifer Blake in the second match, while the lineup on AAA’s site has luchadora sorpresa in the same spot.