CMLL (FRI) 12/19/2014 Arena México [CMLL]
1) Magnus & Oro Jr. b Espiritu Negro & Súper Comando
2) Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus b Pegasso, The Panther, Tritón
3) Dark Angel, La Vaquerita, Marcela b Amapola, Dalys, La Seductora
Dalys was dressed (and painted) like the Grinch. Vaquerita submitted her for the win.
4) Bárbaro Cavernario b Dragón Rojo Jr. [lightning]
Barbaro snuck in a foul.
5) Euforia, Thunder, Último Guerrero b La Máscara, La Sombra,Marco Corleone
Thunder and Marco are feuding.
6) Rey Bucanero, Shocker, Terrible DQ Atlantis, Máximo, Volador Jr.
Rey Bucanero fouled Volador Jr.
A show. Volador/Bucanero goes on.
DTU (FRI) 12/19/2014Autolavado VM, Tulancingo, Hidalgo[DTU (1), DTU (2), DTU (3), DTU (4), DTU (5),DTU (6)]
1) Joven Maravilla &Maremoto Jr. b King Lion & Meteoro
2) Génesis & Sombra de la Noche b Amo de la Noche & Talaxys
3) Hacker & Jinzo bBlack Fire & Slayer Pack
4) Rocky Lobo b Drastik Boy, Septimo Dragon
5) Cíclope, Crazy King,Miedo Extremo b Aero Boy, Corazon Latino,Violento Jack
6) Tony L Kevin, Jimmy,El Chato, El Junior, El Nene [hair]
Tony lost his hair. The remaining nerds (Jimmy & Kevin) challenged the Malkriados to a 2 on 3 hair match tomorrow in Arena Lopez Mateos, and the bullies happily accepted.
This was originally a 9 match show; only the main event was run as advertised and it’s possible Facebook results might have missed one. Not sure what the Nerds are thinking going on 2 v 3 but they’re normally pretty smart guys.
Steve Sims’ column in this week’s Figure Four Weekly adds onto the AAA TV mystery
AAA has had internal discussions over the past few weeks (maybe months) as to revamping their television, really re-thinking for the ground up or out of the box or whatever jaunty cliché fits best here. To give an idea of what they are considering, even though they have only two TV tapings filmed that have left to air in full, they are not considering any more television tapings (at least in the traditional sense) until the spring, and that would be after the date (mid-March) that they usually run their annual Rey de Reyes show.
“they are considering” is an important thing to notice there, they might not decided on all of this yet. Whatever this is, it sounds possible there still would be a TV show, but just not done as it has been. AAA’s been pretty proud of how well they did drawing people to TV tapings in 2014, which is another reason not running any of them for three months would be odd.
Continue throwing ideas at the wall in the comments – what if they just aired Lucha Underground for a while instead? That would be very weird but something weird is afoot. And may not actually happen.
Super Fly’s talked a couple times about losing his mask. In an interview with AAA, he says he dominated the mask match, believes Aerostar got lucky, and still can’t believe he lost. In a press conference to hype a Sunday show in Puebla, Super Fly says it’s strange for him to wrestler unmasked and hopes the fans have patience with him.
Hijo del Santo says he’s coming back in 2015. His plan has always been to come back when Nieto del Santo is ready to debut, but we don’t know exactly when that’ll be and it’ll likely only be one last series or one last show when Santo does come back.
Rey Horus (the 2nd Hijo del Rey Misterio, and the one who’s had the highest US profile so far), was announced the King of Indies tournament that’s taking place in San Jose on WrestleMania weekend. B-Boy, Lucha Undergrounds’ Bael, was the first announced particpant and I’d guess there will be other lucha familiar names given the location.
DoradaFan has a music video of 10/21/2014 CMLL
DJ Spectro looks back at the end of season in 1998, which was the finals of a trios title tournament.
Hechicero promo for his match with Negro Navarro on Christmas Day.
A short bio of Coahuila’s Maligna, who says he’s training with Tony Salazar and Demus.
CMLL (FRI) 12/26/2014 Arena México
1) Flyer & Molotov vs Akuma & Hijo del Signo
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Oro Jr., Súper Halcón Jr. vs Okumura, Puma, Virus
3) Guerrero Maya Jr., Super Porky, The Panther vs Ephesto, Hechicero, Mephisto
4) Negro Casas vs Rey Cometa, Máscara Dorada, Sangre Azteca, Delta, Pólvora, Titán, Kamaitachi, Fuego, Tritón [CMLL WELTER]
vacant championship; Mistico gave it up after being hit by a car
5) Máximo, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Mr. Niebla, Rey Bucanero, Shocker
The title match is phrased like it’s the complete determination match (instead of final two coming back next week.) We’ll see. They could always run Volador/Bucanero next week.
Mistico actually will not return before they hand out this belt, which is a bit surprising. Maybe it’s Three King’s Day? He’s running out of time to get in the ring before FantasticaMania.