DTU (SAT) 11/08/2014 Plaza de las Americas, Pachuca, Hidalgo [DTU, Tercera Caida]
1) Artikus & Lanzeloth b Jimmy & Kevin [DTU NEXO, quarterfinal]
2) Black Fire & Slayer Pack b Jhonky & Ovett [DTU NEXO, quarterfinal]
Ovett switched teams to replace Angel o Demonio
3) Jinzo & Rocky Lobo b Cíclope & Miedo Extremo [DTU NEXO, quarterfinal]
4) Crazy Boy & Niño Hamburguesa b Paranoiko & Violento Jack [DTU NEXO, quarterfinal]
Nino Hamburugesa replaced Ovett.
5) Drastik Boy © b Aero Boy, Low Rider [DTU AI]
Low Rider was added to the main event in his first DTU match in four years. Fourth defense by Drastick Boy
Poster seemed to indicate they were going thru the whole tournament show, but it appears they just figure out the four semifinal teams (and didn’t announce matchups for that round.) The NEXO belts do look cool: the name and the design are split in the middle, so the tag team belts only look complete when they’re together.
CMLL (SUN) 11/09/2014 Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Apocalipsis & Espanto Jr. b Bengala & Leono
2) Astral, Eléctrico, Shockercito b Mercurio, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico
Shockercito replaced Bam Bam.
3) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Cometa DQ Boby Zavala, Misterioso Jr., Sagrado
Bobby Zavala replaced Pierroth. Sagrado pulled Maya’s mask for the DQ.
4) Valiente b Niebla Roja [lightning]
5) Ángel de Oro, Máximo, Super Porky b Pólvora, Terrible, Vangellys
Titan replaced Maximo and Polvora replaced Rey Bucanero on Monday. Polvora beat Titan to set up a title match.
6) Gran Guerrero, Mephisto, Thunder b Dragón Rojo Jr., La Máscara, Volador Jr.
Dragon Rojo replaced Titan and Thunder replaced Polvora on Monday. Volador was about to beat Mephisto with a backcracker, but Mascara gave “partner” Volador a backcracker to give Mephisto the win. Volador & Mascara did not get along the entire match.
The Terra feed failed for the complete show. Usual bit of the Terra Deportes MX feed apologizing and saying they’re working on it and the CMLL side saying nothing. It never got working.
I assume CMLL decided they were going to run Polvora/Titan on Monday and so they had to get them out of the main event so it could have it’s own story. Or it was just dumb luck. That title match is reliably good, hope we get to see it.
CMLL (SUN) 11/09/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl, Informador]
1) El Yaqui b Explosivo
Explosivo’s first match here since early August. He lost.
2) Furia Nazi b Índigo
Furia Roja replaced Demonio Rojo, got ht ewin.
3) Demonio Maya b El Brillante
4) Exterminador, Leo, Virgo b Magnum, Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno
Straight falls with the tecnico, with Magnum again declaring he’d like to be on the tecnico side.
5) Esfinge & Stuka Jr. b Hechicero & Jocker
tecnicos took 2/3
6) Euforia & Último Guerrero b Diamante Azul & Rush
Rudos took one, tecnicos took second, UG snuck in a foul in the third fall to beat Rush and set up a singles match for next week.
This recent trend of the Guadalajara Twitter not listing the winner of the main event is a bad trend.
PWTorch says Lucha Underground drew 29,000 of all ages, and 21,000 from 18-49. It’s that demographic that was reported as 8,000 last week. It’s great it’s up from last week, though it’s hard to believe the numbers are totally accurate at this low number. Even if they’re accurate, and they really went up 263%, they’d have to repeat that increase five times over to get up to a half million viewers. I’m reporting these numbers because there’s very little hard information we can use to tell how the show is doing, but this number is really low in importance of the possible numbers.
Alberto el Patron says he and WWE have reached a deal and he’s completely free to work wherever going forward. This is a little bit iffy because Alberto tried to send a message out explaining this in English and it didn’t quite say the same or make any sense, but this is also the story everyone’s been expecting. If everything is set as it sounds, then Alberto appearances in US should be announced very shortly, including Lucha Underground.
Blue Demon Jr. is out injured, so La Parka will replace him on Monday’s show in Nuevo Laredo.
LuchaWorld has the latest edition of their podcast with a lot of Lucha Underground talk (Kurt watched it!!!) and KrisZ’s news update.
Super Libre had an interview with Canek.
SuperLuchas 536 focuses on this upcoming week’s UFC show.
Segunda Caida reviews week 2 of Lucha Underground.
Ohtani’s Jacket starts writing about the El Dandy/La Fiera feud.
Dr. Cerebro vs Jeque has been added to the 11/23 Coliseo Coacalco show.
DJ Spectro writes about the end of Mora promotions in Mexico City, when they couldn’t run a show because the ring was missing.
CMLL (SUN) 11/16/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Reycko vs El Tapatío
2) Javier Cruz Jr. vs Thunder Boy
3) El Divino vs Évola
4) Esfinge & Magnum vs Sky Kid & Smaker and Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno and Demonio Maya & Furia Nazi
5) Ángel de Oro & Tritón vs Puma & Tiger
6) Rush vs Último Guerrero
Third Rush & Ultimo Guerrero match in 3 months. Probably ending the same way.