Noches de Coliseo remains in reruns. Cadena3’s web feed was showing a baseball game. Puebla’s feed was down all weekend. LAS never aired the midweek IWRG show and only showed two matches (so far) from this past Sunday’s show. There are a lot of matches here, but most aren’t actually on the usual YouTube channel.
I have no idea where I put CMLL Informa and I don’t think anyone cares at this point. Generally the same with Sobre el Ring.
IWRG (SUN) 09/21/2014Arena Naucalpan [IWRG]
1) Araña de Plata & Atomic Star b Galaxy & Sky Ángel
2) Freyser & Hip Hop Man b Diva Salvaje & Miss Gaviota
3) Golden Magic, Kenshi Kabuki, Relámpago b Alan Extreme, Apolo Estrada Jr., El Hijo del Diablo Apolo Estrada and Alan Extreme replaced Oficial 911 & AK47 (who were booked in Arena Lopez Mateos.)
4) Danny Casas, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan Jr. b Súper Nova, Toscano, Veneno Rudos took 1/3. First Pirata Jr. match here this year.
5) Cien Caras Jr., Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000 Jr. b Canis Lupus, Demon Clown, Eterno Demon Clown jumped the Capos. Team Demon Clown took 1/3, with Demon Clown beating up Cien Caras on the outside while Lupus & Eterno beat the others.
Oficial AK47 seemed to put the blame on IWRG for booking them on this show and hinted the Oficias are not going to be allowed back in IWRG for a while. IWRG wants first priority over Arena Lopez Mateos for local guys, but is also said not to pay well. But we get more Dinamtias/Demon Clown matches, so I guess that’s a thing.
CMLL (SUN) 09/21/2014Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Meteoro b Relampago Azul
2) El Divino & Índigo b Furia Nazi & Thunder Boy Tecnicos took 1/3.
3) Mr. Trueno b Virgo
4) Dragon Lee b Mr. Águila, Tritón, Sádico, Demonio Maya, Esfinge, Leo, Jocker [cibernetico] Elimination order: Jocker, Leo, Esfinge, Demonio Maya, Sadico, Triton, Mr. Aguila, leaving Dragon Lee as the winner.
5) Cavernario & Gran Guerrero b La Máscara & Titán Rudos took 1/3, Gran Guerrero pulling Titan’s mask.
Dragon Lee is getting a lot of wins lately. It feels like they’re about to go somewhere with him, but it’s never clear with CMLL.
ChilangaMask (SAT) 09/20/2014Arena Roberto Paz, Guadalajara, Jalisco [Fuego en el Ring, KrisZ]
1) Draego b Astro Rey Jr., Dorado Jr., Reggae Boy, Sangre Fria Jr., Aero Extreme
2) Chik Tormenta b Estrella Explosiva, La Magnifica La Magnifica was the surprise luchadora. Estrella had to be strechered out with a suspected fractured ankle.
3) Belial & Impulso b Arez & Psico Kid
4) Trauma I & Trauma II b Black Terry & Tony Rodriguez Rey Hechicero showed up post match to challenge Black Terry to a match on an upcoming Chilanga Mask show. It was announced the Traumas would go to (USA’s) CZW next year.
5) Masada b Aero Boy, Kaientai, Makabre [super libre]
6) Kaientai b Makabre Kaientai gets a match in CZW by winning the match.
Fuego en el Ring liked all the matches. I was told (by others) that the Traumas had sorted out their visa paperwork and should be going this time. It seemed like the vast majority of people we asked did not have paperwork to work in the US, including some who had worked in other countries. Fact: Mexican luchadors like CZW far more than you’d expect. PWG and ROH too, but it was amusing how much CZW would come up. (Also, even though they’re fans of a relatively small promotion in the US, they have no belief anyone elsewhere would be watching them, which is why they haven’t bothered to get that paperwork.)
WMC (SUN) 09/21/2014 Deportivo SME Villa Coapa, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal [Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), R de Rudo]
1) Reyna Dorada b Felina Metalica, Reina Oscura Dorada want a shot at Metalica’s title.
2) Bugambilia, Hacha De Guerra, La Parkita b Caricia, Espectrito I, Súper Colt
3) Blackman Jr., Leonidas, Nygma b Angel Del Viento, Magnifico I, Magnifico II Rudos fouled the Magnificos and pulled their masks. The Magnificos challenged Nygma to an apuesta match.
4) Aguila Enmascarda, Angel Jr., Dinamic Black b Bugambilia, Guerrero WMC, Sombra Metalica [seconds hair] WMC vs Conncept Norte with the promoter’s hair on the line. Bugambilia replaced Imperio Negro (who was in an accident.) WMC promoter Martin Calderon got their head shaved.
5) Fly Star, Toxin Boy, Último Guerrero b ?, Rayo Star, Rey Bucanero Sky Man’s replacement is unclear (but it was an unmasked guy.) Ultimo Guerrero made it over here straight from Arena Coliseo – this time, he got the win.
Definitely not the last time Ultimo will be working different places in quick succession: the guy who loses his mask in an epic mask match is always in great demand right after. Black Terry has video of clips of Toxin Boy doing a couple of crazy flying stomps to the floor.
CMLL (MON) 09/22/2014Arena Puebla [El Popular, Periodico Enfoque, Periodico Enfoque (Photos)]
1) Rey Apocalipsis & Toro Bill Jr. b Milenium & Rey Samuray Rey Samuray’s debut (newspaper has it as Rey Samurái.)
2) Oro Jr., Star Jr., Tigre Rojo Jr. b Akrón, King Jaguar, Siki Ozama Jr. Tecnicos took 2/3.
3) Zeuxis b Estrellita [lightning] Zeuxis won with a package piledriver. The Puerto Rican challenged for a Mexican national title match next week. Estrellita accepted.
4) Felino, Puma, Tiger b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stigma Manuel Robles was honored by the match. Rudos took 1/3.
5) La Máscara, Rush, Super Porky DQ Negro Casas, Shocker, Thunder Thunder fouled Rush for the DQ.
6) Gran Guerrero, Mr. Niebla, Último Guerrero b Atlantis, Diamante Azul, La Sombra Rudos took 1/3, UG sneaking in a foul on Altantis.
Lucha Underground officially announced they were moving the start date back three weeks to October 29th. The first show, starting at 8pm ET/7pm CT, will be a 2 hour episode. They’ll be one hour after that. The press release includes a fuller roster list, which clears up some names and spellings (Matt Cross is Son of Havoc, ex-Maxine’s name is spelled Catrina, etc) and just people we’ve seen already on tapings (though not all of them.) The name of the likely evil owner/promoter is Dario Cueto – he’s had a Twitter account since early on in the tapings and it’s actor not a wrestler playing that role. There’s also a teaser on YouTube with the first glimpse of matches.
Fenix, Pentagon and Drago are featured in the promotional photo and spotted in the video, which is probably no coincidence. They were not wrestling on the first two shows taped, which would probably make up that two hour preview – maybe they’ll be added in other ways, or maybe they’ll switch around things to get that three way match on there.
Sources close to the production say the start date delay was Lucha Underground’s choice. The plan all along has to air this on El Rey in English and Unimas in Spanish, Unimas wasn’t ready to start airing until the end of October/early November and it seemed like a bad idea to have the Unimas episodes weeks behind the El Rey one. The delay gets them airing on the same days, though there will be a few day difference: El Rey will air on Wednesday nights and the plan is for Unimas to air the same show on Saturday afternoons.
The Unimas deal still hasn’t been announced. I know, as of last week, the announcers for the show had not been decided and that may be the hold up. (The announcers will be a Unimas decision, though Lucha Underground can and are suggesting names.)
I think I repeatedly mentioned the Sky Man second floor of the building tope con giro miss but never actually linked to it. Sorry about that, you can see it here. It was the talk of Mexican lucha circles for it’s dumbness (though some people did argue it was at least better he tried a tope con giro so he missed on his back instead of a plancha or a moonsault where he might have landed on his face.) Sky Man, who’s been wrestling regularly with partner Rayo Star on Strong Style-ish indies around Mexico City, is said to be out of action for three months.
Today’s CMLL show is headlined the Valiente vs Mephisto title match in Arena Mexico which was supposed to happen a few months ago. It didn’t that time because Mephisto was hurt and probably wouldn’t have been a change since it was right before the Universal tournament. Guadalajara has a trios main event, though not the one listed on CMLL.com: Guadalajara’s own poster for Tuesday’s show not only has the Atlantis addition (for Volador Jr.) but also lists Diamante Azul in for the injured Dragon Rojo.
Rey Bucanero replaces Vangellys on Friday.
AAA’s posted the Pachuca show on their channel: week 1 and week 2
10/10 Tijuana has the unique main event of former movie star friends Octagon & Atlantis uniting with Volador Jr. to face Fuerza Guerrera, Nicho and Psicosis II. Someone needs to book Nicho, Psicosis II and Psicosis III as a trio.
DJ Spectro writes about the Anniversary show. I am referred to as “some good soul”! This is very much Department Of No One Cares: the pre-show music performance caused the same problem with my recording I had last year which stopped it from recording, only I figured out a work around in the last 12 months and everything went great this time. Learning from your mistakes is great.
A photolog of covers of Lucha Libre magazine from 1970s. I saw a ton of these at the Expo Mascaras. The magazines aren’t great for research; it’s a lot more prose than results and lineups, but that works out great for the covers. They’re just got one posed person out instead of trying to squeeze in the three or four stories of the day.
IWRG (WED) 09/24/2014Arena Naucalpan
1) Marduk vs Extraño
2) Galaxy & Sky Ángel vs Atomic Star & Capitán Muerte
3) Alfa & Omega vs Anubis Black & Araña de Plata
4) Dragón Celestial, Emperador Azteca, Metaleon vs Ciclon Black, Hip Hop Man, Tony Rivera
5) Avisman, Canis Lupus, Golden Magic, Imposible, Relámpago, Veneno vs Dante, Euro, Filder, Hijo Del Zumbido, Sky Fly, Yakuza [Copa Higher Power]
AULL vs IWRG after they won the ciberneticos last week.
CMLL (SUN) 09/28/2014Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Tapatío vs El Yaqui
2) El Brillante & Javier Cruz vs Acertijo & Évola
3) Leo vs Demonio Maya
4) Sky Kid & Smaker vs Magnum & Ráfaga
5) La Sombra & Valiente vs Ephesto & Mephisto
6) Titán vs Gran Guerrero
Titan won this match when they just ran in it. Interesting that’s the main event and the semimain (Sombra!) is not.
Didn’t someone call Ultimo Guerrero working as a psuedo-tecnico soon? I think they did.
Can Zeuxis pull two big upsets in 10 days???? (No, probably not.)
Way too many Reys in Puebla. Segunda would be Policeman first match here in two years.
DTU (FRI) 09/26/2014 Autolavado VM, Tulancingo, Hidalgo 1) Malkriado I, Malkriado II, Malkriado III vs Aéreo Power, Ángel Azul, Ferrari Última Generación 2) Hacker vs Corazon Latino 3) Jimmy, Kevin, Tony vs Black Fire & Slayer Pack 3 vs 2 4) Artikus, Crazy Boy, Pesadilla vs Cíclope, Crazy King, Miedo Extremo 5) Ovett vs Paranoiko, Jhonky, Ángel o Demonio [DTU CONSAGRADO] 6) Aero Boy & Violento Jack vs Douki & Keita Yano
DTU (SAT) 09/27/2014 San Miguel Cerezo, Pachuca, Hidalgo 1) Malkriado I, Malkriado II, Malkriado III vs ?, ??, Corazon Latino 2) Jimmy, Kevin, Tony vs Aéreo Power, Ángel Azul, Ferrari Última Generación 3) Artikus & Lanzeloth vs Crazy King & Miedo Extremo 4) Cíclope & Drastik Boy vs Douki & Keita Yano and Black Fire & Slayer Pack 5) Septimo Dragon vs Rocky Lobo, Aeroboy, Príncipe Halcón, Pesadilla, Ángel del Misterio [#1 Contenders, DTU AI] 6) Flamita vs Jinzo vsHacker 7) Crazy Boy & Niño Hamburguesa vs Paranoiko & Violento Jack and Ángel o Demonio & Ovett
DTU (SUN) 09/28/2014 Nueva Arena Poza Rica, Poza Rica, Veracruz 1) Malkriado I, Malkriado II, Malkriado III vs Astro Sataniko, King Leon, Meteoro 2) Artikus, Avattar, Kalibus vs Aéreo Power, Ángel Azul, Ferrari Última Generación 3) Hacker vs Corazon Latino 4) Jimmy, Kevin, Tony vs Black Fire & Slayer Pack 3 vs 2 5) Jinzo & Rocky Lobo vs Lanzeloth & Septimo Dragon [Preseas Azteka Drakes] Jinzo & Rocky Lobo’s team name is 4D 6) Crazy Boy & Príncipe Halcón vs Douki & Keita Yano [Copa Spartacus] 7) Aero Boy, Jhonky, Violento Jack vs Cíclope, Crazy King, Miedo Extremo 8) Drastik Boy vs Flamita vsPesadilla
DTU’s run of shows. Keita Yano is an obscure Japanese indy wrestler (from the actual Japan, not the IWRG Japan) who’s randomly on here. At least it got Douki some bookings.