CMLL (FRI) 07/25/2014 Arena México [CMLL]
1) Hombre Bala Jr. & Súper Halcón Jr. b Canelo Casas & Disturbio
2) Amapola, Princesa Blanca, Zeuxis DQ Goya Kong, Marcela, Silueta
Blanca tried the white powder trick again, Marcela blocked and threw the powder herself, ref caught her for the DQ.
3) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Valiente DQ Puma, Tiger, Vangellys
Straight falls, Puma fouled Delta and then took his mask for the DQ.
4) Máximo b Ripper [lightning]
5) Atlantis, Dragón Rojo Jr., Titán DQ Rey Escorpión, Shocker, Último Guerrero
Rey Escorpion fouled Dragon Rojo and pulled his mask. They made mask vs hair challenges.
6) Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Volador Jr. b La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush [Relevos Increíbles]
Straight falls, Volador beating Sombra and asking for ANOTHER title shot.
If Sombra, Mascara and Rush put Ingobernable on a t-shirt, will CMLL finally be forced to start using that name? I’m just happy Mascara finally got a black mask.
A ludicrous amount of DQs and straight fall matches. There’s got to be a balance of trying to build things up for next week and making sure people get a decent show this week. There’s zero reason to do a DQ with Delta/Puma when they’re doing so many other ones.
indy (FRI) 07/25/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Brillante & William Rock b Demonio Rojo & Évola
William Rock continues to win.
2) Mystique & Princesa Ahy Leen b Estrella Explosiva & Star Fire
3) Leo & Omar Brunetti b Jocker & Sádico
Mil Mascaras was given a plaque by Apolo Dantes after this match.
4) Sky Kid & Smaker DQ Demonio Maya & Ráfaga
Rafaga fouled Smaker.
5) Cavernario, Cesar Dantes, Scorpio Jr. b Gallo, Solar I, Super Astro
Cavernario submitted Solar in an upset.
6) Hijo De Dos Caras, Mil Mascaras, Sicodelico Sr. b Canek, Negro Navarro, Rey Bucanero
Mil Mascaras talked to the crowd for a bit after receiving his award. This was a peculiar show promoted by the CMLL owned by building but not by CMLL itself. Every match was one fall; maybe it’d be that way all the time if they had their choice.
AAA’s put up the vignettes from today’s TV show. Notable ones include Blue Demon Jr. making his first TV appearance in months by challenging Jeff Jarrett and Chessman also getting involved. Add to the TripleMania cage match.
We really should know everyone in the cage by tomorrow night. AAA tapes TV in Ecatepec, their first taping in three weeks. (Three weeks between tapings in July is too long – maybe not for AAA, but definitely for a person who writes daily blog on lucha libre.) AAA’s got a taping before TripleMania left in Teziultan, and maybe even another one after which hasn’t been announced yet, but tonight’s the night any big matches left for TripleMania should be made. The full lineup is expected to be out next week, they might as well run the angles for the matches before hand. Myzteziz’s match for TripleMania, the official announcement for the cage match, the plans for Pentagon/Suicide (if it’s still happening on this show) and the plans for Angelico & Jack Evans (probably against the debut Carlios & Tommy Diablo) are the four big things which have to be sorted out tomorrow.
Porra Fresa posts an article about Porra Fresa. Even though they’re making noise and part of the show every week, they don’t get any discount on their tickets. I can’t decide if organized groups at US wrestling shows would be great, or just the worst thing ever. It depends on the people.
Marcela and Seductora talk about their hair match. The build to this thing, with the four women scarcely in the same match at the same time, has been very strange. They’ve focused more on Blanca versus Sugehit, which is a good grudge match and Blanca versus Marcela, which is just a good match. They really haven’t done anything to disguise Seductora being the obvious loser and she’s needed a lot of help if she was going to be in this match.
Myzteziz took his first direct loss in AAA on a random spot show in Oaxaca. They haven’t been pushing him as undefeated and spot shows results are never mentioned, but this one is really never going to be mentioned.
Boby Zavala and Olimpico challenge the other tag team champions because why not.
R de Rudo has a roundup of Puebla cards this weekend.
IWRG FILL (WED) 07/30/2014 Arena Naucalpan
1) Blue Metal, Fly Tiger, Vardeus vs Sexy Girls, Skandia, Último Caballero
2) Black Niko, Galaxy, Psique vs Chicanito, Cosmos Fugas, Zumba
3) Blue Monsther, Fly Boricua, Marduk Jr. vs Payaso De Plata, Payaso Extremo, Vampiro Metálico
4) Aramis, Black Angel, Seiya vs Atomic Star, Matrix Jr., Muerte Infernal
5) Anubis Black, Emperador Azteca, Látigo, Metaleon, Omega, Power Bull, Sky Ángel, Zurdog vs Dante, Discordia, Euro, Finders, Ironica, Rey Inmortal, Spider Boy,Xcorpio [Copa High Power]
IWRG vs Arena Lopez Mateos (Yakuza)
Not listed as FILL but obviously is – and includes a couple guys I thought might have left. (Which doesn’t really explain why they’re not on the main shows.) I didn’t know Yakzua was training for AULL but he’s on all of their shows so it makes sense.
CMLL (FRI) 08/01/2014 Arena México
1) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Cometa vs Puma, Skándalo, Tiger
2) Blue Panther, La Máscara, Máximo vs Ephesto, Euforia, Mephisto
3) Marcela & Princesa Sugehit vs La Seductora & Princesa Blanca [mask, hair]
4) La Sombra © vs Volador Jr. [NWA WELTER]
Sombra’s first defense
5) Atlantis, Dragón Rojo Jr., Titán vs Rey Escorpión, Shocker, Último Guerrero
6) Rush vs Negro Casas [hair]
I haven’t look thru Ticketmaster yet, but was told tickets had been moving slower than expected for Juicio Final. That would seem to explain why Sombra versus Voldaor, for the 9th time in Arena Mexico in the last two years, has been added. Only I’m not sure it actually helps a lot. They’ve definitely reached diminishing returns in the matches themselves and I’m a bit dreading this match after Volador’s match with Dragon Rojo – they need to change things up but won’t. It also seems like it’s played out as a drawing card, drawing less the last few times, though being added as a second or third attraction here means it’s more just added to the depth of the card.
This is more concerning for those of us who will only see this event on TV. CMLL already had three matches they’d like to squeeze on TV. Besides the apuestas, the semimain should have one apuesta match set (but will possibly have two and anger everyone in the crowd) and so it should turn up on TV in some form. Now they have four, they’ll be tempted to edit in three, and all the matches are going to pay the price. Some editor is going to have a rough time.