CMLL (SUN) 07/20/2014 Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Black Panther & Flyer b Cholo & Espanto Jr.
Black Panther replaced Molotov. Third fall eliminations went Espanto Jr. (Flyer moonsault), Flyer (Chololock), and Cholo (Panther armbar), but Cholo nearly got the win after an Espanto distraction.
2) Mercurio, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito b Angelito, Eléctrico, Shockercito
Rudos took 1/3. Shockercito replaced Bam Bam on Monday. Feed cut in and out on the match, but looked good when it was airing.
3) Oro Jr., Starman, Tritón b Cancerbero, Metálico, Raziel
Tecnicos took 1/3. Metailco pulled off Oro’s mask for the DQ. Good match for what we could see of it.
4) Boby Zavala DCOR Blue Panther [lightning]
Good match, ending with neither men being able to return to the ring after a Zavala tope at the 9:55 mark. They shook hands after the match.
5) Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys b Ángel de Oro, Rey Cometa, Titán
Rudos took 2/3 in a very good match.
6) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush b Euforia, Mr. Niebla, Niebla Roja
Rush worked with his partners as if it was old times (or last year.) Zacarias was more involved than he’s been in matches this year as well. Bufete took 1/3 with no hint of a Maximo/Niebla feud.
Really good show. No bad matches and everything good, especially the middle section. Zavala’s match with Panther (which was probably intended to be a time limit draw and came up just a little short) was probably his best career match.
CMLL (SUN) 07/20/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Meteoro b Relampago Azul
2) Demonio Rojo b Índigo
3) Demonio Maya & Évola b El Brillante & Javier Cruz Jr.
Rudos took 1/3.
4) Sádico b Leo © [OCCIDENTE WELTER]
Sadico took falls 1/3 to win the championship. Leo falls on his annonced fifth defense
5) El Cuatrero, Sansón, Universo 2000 Jr. b Esfinge, Gallo, León Blanco
Universo 2000 Jr.’s debut in this building. Rudos took 2/3, rudos unmasking Gallo and pinning him to win.
6) Máscara Dorada & Volador Jr. b Felino & Puma
Tecnicos took 2/3
Sadico is the Guadalajara local who looks like Eterno. He and Leo were both on 52MX building to Leo’s hair match, and Sadico looked much better so this is a fully endorsed title switch.
ChilangaMask (SUN) 07/20/2014 Coliseo Coacalco, Coacalco, Estado de México [@terceracaida, Black Terry Jr. (flickr)]
1) Fulgor I & Fulgor II b Centvrión & Metaleon
2) Astro Rey Jr., Maverick Benji, Psico Kid b Karma, Kronoz, Obscuro
3) Arez b Hormiga
4) Tóxico DF b Tempestad, Magnifico, Radge, Hip Hop Man, Tornado, Carisma, Zoom Driver
Carisma & Zoom Driver were added to this match. Toxico beat Tempestad to win.
5) Carisma b Zoom Driver [30s Style]
6) Impulso b Belial
said to be a good match
7) Trauma I & Trauma II b Mohicano Sr. & Piel Roja
8) Aero Boy b Black Terry
Aero Boy won to even the score for last time. They agreed to a tiebreaker match.
Crowd doesn’t seem to be down that match despite not having CMLL names this time around. They announced a 09/20 show in Guadalajara. Probably more notes on the show during the week when recaps get posted.
I do not have a link to point you towards, but I’m told TripleMania will air on conventional Sky PPV in Mexico in addition to the currently announced iPPV. There may be advertising out for it already. (This is another thing I was wrong about.) It sets up a very interesting head to head between WWE’s SummerSlam and AAA’s TripleMania, both airing via Sky PPV on the same night. It’s been a while since we’ve heard about the ratings for either show but, the last anyone said, AAA was bragging about beating WWE’s numbers. Doing the same on 08/17 would have to be considered a huge triumph and a plausible outcome. WWE’s bringing back Brock Lesnar as the centerpiece of their show, but all the Mexicans on the show have been marginalized and the TripleMania name is something really strong right now. Getting PPV numbers is even more impossible than getting TV rating numbers so it’s unlike we’d ever know who won, but Sky airing both shows is definitely going to cost WWE a few tens of thousand buys.
AAA posted one two three promos from Tommy Diablo and Sensacional Carlitos to hype their appearance in Ecatepec next Sunday. They’re pretty good, though I would definitely pick the third one if I was just going watching one. They’re not at all related – as if they were meant to air over the last three weeks of TV and didn’t, or if they sent in three so AAA could pick one and they ended up picking all three. The Puerto Ricians are under the impression either that the Ecatepec match is for the tag team titles (which it doesn’t appear to be) or that they’re getting a tag team title match down the road (which is appears to be the plan.)
Rob has highlights of mid October 2001 CMLL, including Shocker & Wagner going bowling.
Super Libre had Arena Jalisco luchadors as in studio guests.
Segunda Caida reviews Uprising: Lucha Libre 07/19/14.
Imposible explains where he got his name and says he has no idea why he’s a tecnico. Me neither.
La Parka says he supports Electroshock in his war against Jeff Jarrett and La Sociedad, and would also be willing to risk his mask.
Vampiro 2000 lost his mask in Xalapa.
R de Rudo interviews Tigre Soberbio.
Lucha Libre in Japan
07/19 NOAH: Mitsuhiro Kitamiya [O] & Hitoshi Kumano b Rocky Lobo [X] & Jinzo [JTL]
team Tulancingo drops to 0-1 to start the tournament. They have their next match Monday. That show also has the first match for the Matt Striker/Super Crazy team, who face Liger & Tiger Mask IV.
CMLL (SUN) 07/27/2014 Arena Coliseo
1) Fantasy, Stukita, Último Dragoncito vs Mercurio, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Universo 2000
2) Black Panther, Soberano Jr., Star Jr. vs Guerrero Negro Jr., Hijo del Signo, Nitro
3) Dragon Lee, Fuego, Oro Jr. vs Metálico, Skándalo, Virus
4) Rey Cometa vs Okumura [lightning]
5) Ángel de Oro, Blue Panther, Sagrado vs Gran Guerrero, Pierroth, Pólvora
6) Marco Corleone, Máscara Dorada, Stuka Jr. vs Euforia, Felino, Mr. Niebla
Oro versus Metalico continue feuding, 3 months away from their mask match. Fifth match seems like a major struggle. Main event is Dorada’s return to Terra. Odd to get five trios matches on one show; if there had been a tease of a singles match here, I’d figure the card was about to get changed.
CMLL (SUN) 07/27/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Reyco vs El Tapatío
2) El Ídolo vs El Yaqui
3) El Capitan & Explosivo vs Jocker & Thunder Boy
4) Virgo vs Demonio Maya [lightning]
5) Esfinge, Gallo, León Blanco vs El Cuatrero, Sansón, Universo 2000 Jr.
6) La Sombra & Valiente vs Rey Bucanero & Shocker
Semimain is a rematch. Tercera would be Capitan’s first appearance this year. “Reyco” is on his fourth different spelling in the last seven months.