AAA TV (THU) 07/03/2014 Arena Xalapa, Xalapa, Veracruz [@manrayk, AAA, La WagnerMania]
1) Corsario De Fuego, Crazy Man, Demasiado b Destello Azul, Samurai, Zafiro
locals dark match
2) Dinastía & Octagoncito b Mini Histeria & Mini Psycho Clown
3) Mamba, Mary Apache, Taya Valkyrie b Faby Apache, La Jarochita, Pimpinela Escarlata
Taya beat Faby Apache with the northen lights suplex. Taya demanded her title shot. Faby accepted – as long as it’s at TripleMania. Sociedad ran in to attack the tecnicas.
4) Alebrije, Argenis, Ludxor b Gran Apache, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker
Apache and Ludxor replaced the minis (bumped out in their own match.)
5) Daga, Steve Pain, Súper Fly b Aerostar, Australian Suicide, Bengala
Super Fly replaced Eterno and beat Aerostar with a powerbomb.
6) Angélico, Electroshock, Fénix b Hijo del Fantasma, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Pentagón Jr.
Electroshock beat Mascara with a Diamond Cutter.
7) Monsther Clown, Murder Clown, Myzteziz, Psycho Clown b Averno, Black Warrior, Chessman, Zorro
Myzteziz submitted Averno.
Air Date: 07/05 & 07/12 – added match makes this able to air over two weeks. The Tehuacan taping disappeared from the Upcoming Events spot after being promoted three weeks ago, so it may have been canceled/postponed and they filled the missing week here.
As pointed out on Twitter, Taya vs Faby will be the first ever women’s title match to be held at TripleMania. There have been big women’s matches (most memorably Faby vs Mary), but not for a championship. The Reina de Reinas (and before that, the Mexican Women’s Championship) were previously used to set up feuds rather than end them, and the women often were found in secondary roles on this show. Not this year.
Should Taya win, she’ll become the first person born outside of Mexico to hold the Reina de Reinas championship. It’s only been a regularly defended championship the last few years, but no foreigner was really a threat to win it prior to now. Taya has a real chance.
Super Fly is on a win streak! A win streak of two, but still. He hasn’t won on two straight tapings since 2011 (a combination of Super Fly’s less than super win/loss record and infrequent appearances.) Super Fly hasn’t won on three straight tapings since 2008, back in the days of his Electroshock feud. I can’t believe that was so long ago. Super Fly will certainly get involved with Aerostar on TripleMania, it’s only a question of Super Fly being added to the match in the next month in a half (which would probably mean an 8th man added to balance the sides) or interfering on his own.
I’m writing a lot about the undercard because there’s not much going on top. There’s no obvious Myzteziz match being set up – he’s beating Averno frequently enough that they can’t be saving that for TripleMania, and they’ve not hinted at him and Perro – and the usual suspects of La Parka and Cibernetico have no obvious matches for TripleMania. Plus, AAA doesn’t run that many singles matches at TripleMania; the two they’ve announced may be it. All star tag matches will be the rule of the day.
Working TripleMania lineup, about 44 days away
- Psycho Clown (c) vs Texano Jr. [AAA HEAVY]
- Daga (c) vs Steve Pain vs Eterno vs Fenix vs Bengala vs Aerostar (vs Super Fly? vs ???) [AAA CRUISER]
- Faby Apache (c) vs Taya Valkyrie [AAA REINA DE REINAS]
- some tag with Myzteziz, Averno, and Perro Aguayo Jr.
- something with Electroshock and Jeff Jarrett (may be part of the above)
- something with Cibernetico, La Parka, Zorro, Chessman (may be part of the above)
- something with Pentagon Jr. and Australian Suicide (may include Jack Evans, Angelico, and any Consejo members not otherwise used)
- likely a Relevos AAA to include minis (Dinastia, Mini Abismo Negro) and exoticos (Pimpienla Escarlata, Mamba) and Sexy Star on the card.
Blue Demon Jr. is nowhere to be found. Well, I mean, he was in Brazil and you can find him on Twitter, but the idea of him challenging Chessman for the Latin American title hasn’t been brought up in quite a while. Still time for that to change.
There’s an unusual lack of one time appearances by foreigners on that card. Those guest appearances have largely been a waste of time – no one knew Matt Morgan or Monster Pain, and they’re typically the worst matches on the show – so it’d be nice if they just stopped doing that. Or they’ll have them all in the Jarrett match, as usual.
(At least there’s not going to be another tournament on this show. I hope.)
Next taping is Saturday as part of the Ring & Rock StAAArs 2 weekend. AAA had a fun and games vacation show when they were there in December. It may not be the exactly the same this time around, since that episode of TV will be airing four weeks out from TripleMania and they may want to get Myzteziz’s match for the show out there.