CMLL (FRI) 05/23/2014 Arena México [CMLL, Terra, Yahoo! Deportes]
1) Black Panther & Pegasso b Canelo Casas & El Rebelde
Tecnicos took 2/3.
2) Dark Angel, Marcela, Princesa Sugheit DQ Dalys, Princesa Blanca, Zeuxis
Tecnicas took 2/3, the last when Sugheit tossed her match to Blanca to draw the DQ.
3) Blue Panther, Diamante Azul, Valiente vs Felino, Rey Bucanero, Vangellys
moved to the tercera. Tecnicos took 1/3 in a disappointing match.
4) Cachorro, Hechicero, Virus b Cavernario, Dragon Lee, Negro Casas
Final four in the En Busca de Un Idolo tournament and the trainees. Team Virus took falls 1/3, the last when Hechicero beat Dragon Lee while using the ropes. Great match.
5) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Titán b Mr. Águila, Rey Escorpión, Ripper
Tecnicos took 2/3, Maximo defeating Escorpion in the third.
6) Atlantis, Shocker, Volador Jr. DQ La Sombra, Rush, Último Guerrero [Relevos Increíbles]
Shocker replaced Niebla on Monday. Team UG took fall one with a Pulpo Guerrero on Atlantis, Atlantis tied up with an Atlantida on Guerrero, and Rush & Sombra were DQed for excessive violence on Shocker in the third.
En Busca de un Idolo match was the best on the Terra show by far. The official name for the Rush, Sombra and La Mascara trio is being billed as Los Indeseables.
AAA finishes it’s second Chiapas show in eight days tonight in Tuxtla. There’s two title matches tonight; Daga puts up his cruierweight championship in the usual midcard mutliman title match against Bengala, Aerostar, Axel, Eterno and Steve Pain, while Psycho Circus defend the trios titles against El Consejo in their never ending feud. I think it’s likely at least one title changes hand tonight. The trios is more likely, but it wouldn’t be out of the question for both to change hands. The main event is another in the series of mystery luchador specials, with Perro Aguayo, Black Warrior and probably Averno teaming up against Fenix, La Parka and possibly Sin Cara. The show is listed as starting at 8:30.
Verano de Escandalo tickets went on sale yesterday, running from 60 up to 450 Mexican pesos ($4.66 to $35). That’s a little bit lower than usual. No VIP package this time. The on sale announcement mentions Psycho Clown versus Texano Jr. and nothing else – because nothing else is official yet, though they’ve been teasing Demon/Chessman and Sin Cara locally.
AAA announced the top 3 from last Saturday’s taping in Tapachula will air this afternoon on Televisa. The other two matches will air on the UTDN show on Thursday, and probably will be on internet sooner than that.
La Magnifica talks wanting to win the #1 contenders match in Celaya. It’s the usual one-talking-point AAA article, with the exception of something that’s either an innocent typo or an accidental tease. Magnficia (or whoever’s putting words in her mouth) twice mentions how she’s going to defeat the other seven women, but there’s only six other women listed in that match. That’s almost nothing in itself, but the 06/17 AAA spot show in Arena Aficion lists a luchadora sorpresa. Is someone new about to show up here?
Amapola and La Comandante made it to Japan. Amapola’s now scheduled to defend the CMLL-REINA International Championship twice. She’s facing Maki Narumiya on 05/25, then Shuri on 05/29 if she keeps the belt.
R de Rudo looks at images of impact.
CMLL (FRI) 05/30/2014 Arena México
1) Hombre Bala Jr. & Súper Halcón Jr. vs Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Fuego, Rey Cometa, Sagrado vs Boby Zavala, Kamaitachi, Sangre Azteca
3) Máximo, Stuka Jr., Super Porky vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys
4) Dragon Lee vs Cachorro [En Busca de un Idolo]
5) Cavernario vs Hechicero [En Busca de un Idolo]
6) Atlantis, Titán, Valiente vs Ephesto, Gran Guerrero, Mephisto
7) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush vs Negro Casas, Shocker, Volador Jr. [Relevos Increíbles]
Main event is listed as a relevos incredible, but it’s really just the Undesirables versus the three guys who hate them the most (and aren’t under suspension.) Semimain is a bit weaker than usual; more conventional CMLL programming would have those three down in the tercera and the tercera three up in the semimain. Maybe there’s a reason for that.
Both en Busca de un Idolo matches look good, but there shouldn’t be a match match this round. First two matches should be good if toned down because of their position and lack of time.