CMLL (FRI) 05/16/2014 Arena México [CMLL, Terra]
1) Hombre Bala Jr. & Starman b Akuma & Apocalipsis
Tecnicos took 1/3. better and more complicated opener than usual.
2) La Seductora, Princesa Blanca, Tiffany b Dark Angel, Princesa Sugheit, Silueta
Rudas took 1/3, Blanca pulling Sugheit’s mask and cradling her for the win.
3) Cavernario COR Soberano Jr. [En Busca de un Idolo]
7:41. Vangellys was the guest judge, while Terrible replaced Mr. Niebla (missing his first show.) Cavernario won with the top rope splash to the floor after Soberano had landed jaw first on the barricade previously. Cavernario scored a 8 (Vangellys), 9 (Shocker), 8 (Terrible), 7 (Tirantes), though the rudos all wanted to see him finish in the ring instead of outside it. Soberano scored a 8 (Vangellys), 7 (Shocker), 7 (Terrible), 5 (Tirantes)
4) Cachorro b Súper Halcón Jr. [En Busca de un Idolo]
7:11. Cachorro submitted Super Halcon after what was Halcon’s best match in the tournament. Judged praised Cachorro, giving him a 10, 10, 10 and 7 (Tirantes) for 37. Super Halcon scored a 7 (Terrible), 8 (Shocker), 7 (Vangellys), 6 (Tirantes, who noted Halcon had improved the last two matches but it was too late.)
5) Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys DQ Diamante Azul, La Máscara, Stuka Jr.
TRT took 1/3. La Mascara continued to refuse to get along with everyone but Sombra & Rush and fouled Terrible for the DQ.
6) Kráneo, Mephisto, Ripper b Máscara Dorada, Titán, Valiente
Rudos took 1/3.
7) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Volador Jr. b Dragón Rojo Jr., Rey Escorpión, Shocker
Tecncios took 1/3, Maximo beating Dragon and Marco defeating Shocker.
Current En Busca de un Idolo Standings En Busca Current Standings 488 Hechicero - faces Dragon Lee on Tuesday, clinched first place 442 Cavernario - will be second 409 Cachorro 360 Soberano Jr. ---- cut off line because we're still assuming top 4 advance --- 350 Dragon Lee - faces Hechicero on Tuesday 344 Star Jr. - faces Guerrero Negro Jr. on Tuesday 331 Super Halcon Jr. 297 Guerrero Negro - faces Star Jr. on Tuesday
Halcon and Soberano were gifted more points than they should have, and Guerrero Negro lost some, but it will not matter in the end.
It’s a three man race for the 3rd/4th possible transfer spots. (Soberano is listed in 3rd, but will fall out of the top 4 as soon as Dragon Lee and Star Jr. finish their matches.) If either Star Jr. or Dragon Lee lose, then that’s probably enough for Cachorro and the one winner to make up the top four. It’ll come down to the fan voting (which may close as soon as Wednesday) if both win or both lose.
The Princesa feud was the only other noteworthy thing on the show; Sugehit made the expected mask versus hair challenge backstage. The Rey Escorpion/Maximo feud was touched upon in the main event but it does not come across as a point of emphasis. If CMLL is going to run a major June show – not a gimmie – it seems more likely we’ll get Sugehit/Blanca then Escorpion/Maximo, though maybe those women would have to be grouped with many more in a cage match if CMLL acts as usual.
AAA tapes tonight in Tapachula. It appears to be the debut of Sin Cara and Averno as mystery luchadors in the main event. AAA has hyped the show, but hasn’t said anything at all about the surprise luchadors in the lead up to tonight.
The reasons it might not be Sin Cara tonight
- AAA hasn’t teased anything specific towards himshowing up.
- The WON “believed” it would Bengala tonight
- Averno being introduced before Sin Cara would be a bigger deal than after or at the same time.
- Tuxtla will air far in enough advance of Verano de Escandalo that holding of his debut a week shouldn’t hurt any plans for that card.
I’m still sticking with it likely being Sin Cara tonight, but there are no sure things when it comes to AAA surprises.
Black Terry Jr. has video of Rocky Santana & Negro Navarro vs Super Astro & Solar.
La Mascara mentions he started training for wrestling at 9 (though that was ‘only’ amateur wrestling.)
CMLL (SAT) 05/17/2014 Arena México
1) Black Panther & Pegasso vs Canelo Casas & El Rebelde
2) Dark Angel, Marcela, Princesa Sugheit vs Dalys, Princesa Blanca, Zeuxis
3) Finalista 1, Finalista 2, Negro Casas vs Finalista 3, Finalista 4, Virus
4) Blue Panther, Diamante Azul, Valiente vs Felino, Rey Bucanero, Vangellys
5) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Titán vs Mr. Águila, Rey Escorpión, Ripper
6) Atlantis, Mr. Niebla, Volador Jr. vs La Sombra, Rush, Último Guerrero [Relevos Increíbles]
Rush & Mr. Niebla are back on Fridays. Sombra & Rush probably aren’t going to get along with Ultimo Guerrero any better than the tecnicos, but he may be too busy fighting Atlantis for them to turn on him.
The third match is one of the following
- Negro Casas, Cavernario, Cachorro vs Virus, Hechicero, Star Jr.
- Negro Casas, Cavernario, Dragon Lee vs Virus, Hechicero, Star Jr.
- Negro Casas, Cavernario, Cachorro vs Virus, Hechicero, Dragon Lee
- Negro Casas, Cavernario, Dragon Lee vs Virus, Hechicero, Cachorro
All look pretty good.
Not sure if Terra goes thru top 4 or stops with the En Busca de un Idolo trios.