CMLL (TUE) 05/13/2014 Arena México [CMLL]
1) Pequeño Nitro & Pequeño Violencia b Acero & Fantasy
Rudos took 2/3.
2) Canelo Casas, Disturbio, El Rebelde b Metálico, Oro Jr., Stigma
Straight falls. Metalico wouldn’t let Stigma tag Oro when Oro was in trouble, Oro accidentally dropkicked Metalico, and Metalico attacked Oro Jr. to cause the loss. Metalico beat up Oro and Stigma after the match and Oro was strechered out.
3) Estrellita, Marcela, Skadi b Dalys, La Comandante, Zeuxis
Tecnicos took 1/3, Marcela beat Dalys. Skadi knocked herself with on diving headscissors to the floor on Zeuxis.
4) Cavernario COR Guerrero Negro Jr. [En Busca de un Idolo]
Cavernario won after a suplex from the ring to the floor and top rope splash to the floor. Guest judge was Mephisto and Atlantis replaced Shocker. Cavernario scored a 7 (Mephisto), 9 (Atlantis), 8 (Mr. Niebla) and 8 (Tirantes.) Guerrero Negro scored a 7, 8, 8, and 7.
5) Dragon Lee b Súper Halcón Jr. [En Busca de un Idolo]
Lee beat Super Halcon with the Power-plex in 7:17. Dragon Lee scored a 9, 9, 9, 6. Super Halcon scored a 8, 9, 7, 5.
6) Boby Zavala, Ephesto, Terrible b Blue Panther, Fuego, Rey Cometa
7) Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. b Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero
Tecnicos took 2/3, all the tecnicos putting all the rudos in Atlantidas at the end. Tecnicos challenged for a world trios shot. UG was still focused on the mask match, but Euforia accepted for the team.
Cavernario is a crazy man but Guerrero Negro is equally lunatic. I don’t think he’s leaving CMLL!
En Busca before W6 fan poll: Hechicero 448 Cavernario 374 Cachorro 331 Star 324 Lee 323 Soberano 313 G. Negro 286 Halcón 276
— TKD 117 (@TKD_117) May 14, 2014
I sure hope the top four places matter, or this is over. Cachorro, Star Jr., Dragon Lee and Soberano could end up in any order depending on fan and judges voting. Any of them not winning in Week 7 could also be catastrophic for their chances, but none of them face each other in the final week so it’s possible for CMLL to balance that out. All four would be deserving of making any semifinal round. All four would be tremendous underdogs to Cavernario & Hechicero.
The Guerreros will probably keep the trios titles, but the title match should be a very good match either way.
CMLL (TUE) 05/13/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Demonio Rojo & Sádico b El Divino & Virgo
Rudos took 2/3.
2) Artillero & Súper Comando b Black Metal & Leo
Rudos took 2/3.
3) Black Panther, Stuka Jr., Tritón b Kamaitachi, Magnum, Shigeo Okumura
Tecnicos took 2/3.
4) Gallo TLDRAW Sangre Azteca [lightning]
10 minute time limit draw! Sangre Azteca may have made challenges for Gallo’s title.
5) Puma & Tiger b Metatrón & Sagrado and Sky Kid & Smaker and El Cuatrero & Sansón
A four way (not a tournament.) Puma defeated Sky Kid, Sagrado defeated Sanson, and Tiger & Puma defeated Metatron & Sagrado for the win.
6) Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión b Máscara Dorada, Titán, Volador Jr.
Rudos took 2/3, listed as Rey Escorpion sneaking a foul on Dorada.
Next week’s main event is listed as Volador/Escorpion and there’s a picture of Escorpion pinning Volador, so the main event pinfall result might have been listed incorrectly. Or plans changed.
The Sangre Azteca/Gallo time limit draw was the first in a main CMLL since July 28th (Angel de Oro/Puma.)
AAA held it’s usual local press conference to hype their upcoming tapings, for both Tapachula and Tuxtla Guiterrez. Both are unusual locales for AAA, and it turns out they’re both shows sponsored by the Chiapas state government. Tickets for the Tapachula taping (and probably the Tuxtla show, though it’s not as clear) are free and will be given away by sponsors or in front of the arena on the day of the show. They’ve got room for 3500 fans and should easily fill those seats. In exchange, AAA will air tourism promos on their TV show like has been done for Guerrero Negro and Tepic. This is a deal only AAA is in a position to make because they’re on Televisa and those tourism ads can reach more people.
This also explain the deal with keeping the mystery people a mystery. AAA’s not going to sell any more tickets by advertising them because the tickets are already sold. And, if something falls thru, there’s no one who paid believing they would see Averno or Sin Cara since no one is paying.
Flamita will be defending the Dragon Gate Enter the Brave Gate championship on 05/20 in Arena Aficion after all. Drastick Boy – who will be challenging for the title with Kaleth & Shane Strickland – had said it would be a title match, then it wasn’t listed as one on the poster for the show, but they announced the title would be the on the line at a press conference for the DTU tour last night.
LuchaWorld has five idea on how to replace Averno in the Hijos del Averno.
This week’s SuperLuchas #524 covers the MaskedMania show.
The 05/25 WMC show has a main event of Ultimo Guerrero, Gran Guerrero and Virus versus Black Terry, Hijo del Fishman and Canek Jr.
DJ Spectro writes about the debut of Septiembre Negro. I thought the bit last night where Oro Jr. went into a post match seizure in a deliberate attempt to reference his uncle’s death in the ring was in terrible taste and would be a runaway winner for most disgusting moment in wrestling of the year if it happened in the United State. (To their credit, the announcers did not call much attention to it.) At the same time, it’s one of those things that Mexico has very different attitudes about , just like the Septiembre Negro character.
CMLL has an article about Amapola & La Comandante heading to REINA. They mention it’s 05/22 and say it’s a tour (not a single show), but don’t list a return date.
Segunda Caida reviews Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush vs Felino, Negro Casas, Shocker.
Kcidis has opened a web store.
Multichannel news story on the El Rayo de la Vida show. Calling Rayo de Plata one of Mexico’s best known wrestlers is quite a stretch.
Best stipulation: loser of this main event gets hit by water balloons by the fans.
Mascarita Sagrada talks about the next couple AAA tapings.
CMLL promo for this Friday’s show.
IWRG (SUN) 05/18/2014 Arena Naucalpan
1) Astro Rey Jr. & Látigo vs Electro Boy & Zurdog
2) Alan Extreme, Golden Magic, Metaleon vs Guerrero Mixtico, Hip Hop Man, Orión
3) Black Terry, Dr. Cerebro, Veneno vs Apolo Estrada, El Hijo del Diablo, Tony Rivera
4) Hijo De Dos Caras, Súper Nova, Toscano vs Demon Clown, Eterno, X-Fly
5) Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 vs Hijo de Pirata Morgan [IWRG Rey del Ring]
Hijo de Mascara Ano 2000 is champion, first defense.
Second match is Naucalpan versus Neza.
CMLL (TUE) 05/20/2014 Arena México
1) Metatrón & Sensei vs Espanto Jr. & Zayco
2) Goya Kong, La Vaquerita, Silueta vs La Comandante, La Seductora, Princesa Blanca
3) Black Panther, Oro Jr., Starman vs Disturbio, Hooligan, Metálico
4) Dragon Lee vs Hechicero [En Busca de un Idolo]
5) Star Jr. vs Guerrero Negro Jr. [En Busca de un Idolo]
6) Diamante Azul, Máscara Dorada, Rey Cometa vs Puma, Terrible, Tiger
7) Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero vs Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. [CMLL TRIOS]
Guerreros are champions. First defense.
Semimain should be really good, and is Dorada’s last match here for the time being.
Those are the last two En Busca de un Idolo matches for this round. Polling usually closes quickly after so they can work out the Friday mid tournament trios match.
Metalico’s officially on the rudo side. It’s the same length of time as the Princesa Sugheit turn; they’re moving faster nowadays.
CMLL (TUE) 05/20/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Esfinge & Leo vs Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno
2) Black Metal, Magnus, Stigma vs Canelo Casas, Demonio Maya, Skándalo
3) Dark Angel, Estrellita, Lluvia vs Amapola, Tiffany, Zeuxis
4) La Máscara, La Sombra, Valiente vs Cavernario, Herodes Jr., Rey Bucanero
5) Volador Jr. vs Rey Escorpión
It’s too early to be sure of the new Guerreros del Ring airing pattern, but the main event would not be shown (on 5/31) based on the first week.