CMLL (FRI) 02/28/2014 Arena México [CMLL, LuchaWorld]
1) Aéreo & Pequeño Halcón b Mercurio & Pequeño Nitro
Tecnicos took 1/3. Halcon struggled early, but the match rebounded.
2) Fuego, Hombre Bala Jr., Súper Halcón Jr. b Hooligan, Nitro, Sangre Azteca
Tecnicos took 2/3.
3) Kamaitachi, Morphosis, Olímpico b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Cometa
Rudos took 1/3, Olimpico beating Cometa.
4) Vangellys b Stuka Jr. [lightning]
Vangellys won with a head bouncing wheelbarrow suplex in 5:50.
5) Rey Bucanero, Shocker, Terrible b Diamante Azul, La Sombra, Rush
straight falls. Rush was DQed in the first, Shocker used the ropes him to beat him in the second.
6) Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero b Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente
Guerreros took 1/3.
No title challenge reported. It wouldn’t make sense for the Guerreros to keep beating the Estetas without a title match, but that doesn’t mean one is actually happening.
Reports said the crowd was divided between support for Rush and Shocker,w hich is much better htan usual for Rush.
I’m confused whenever Olimpico wins.
Marco & Maximo beat Averno & Mephisto in Arena Queretaro on Wednesday.
Marco, Volador and La Mascara defeated Mr. Niebla, Felino and Cavernario in Arena Aficion on Thursday, but a report says the main was not good and the crowd booed strongly.
Chessman is ready for whoever the surprise wrestler turns out to be in Irapuato.
Eric R @ Segunda Caida reviews 02/22/14 Lucha Azteca and takes me to task.
Lola Gonzalez will be honored on a 03/15 Arena Azteca Budokan show.
CMLL (FRI) 03/07/2014 Arena México
1) Fuego, Oro Jr., Tritón vs Canelo Casas, Disturbio, Guerrero Negro Jr.
2) Blue Panther, Diamante Azul, Super Porky vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja
3) Averno & Volador Jr. vs La Sombra & Último Guerrero and Mistico & Reaper and Máximo & Rey Escorpión and Valiente & Vangellys and Dragón Rojo Jr. & La Máscara and Felino & Titán andPólvora & Rey Cometa [natl pi, seeding battle royal]
4) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, 8f]
5) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, 8f]
6) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, 8f]
7) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, 8f]
8) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, quarterfinal]
9) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, quarterfinal]
10) ? & ?? vs ??? & ???? [natl pi, semifinal]
11) Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Rush vs Mr. Niebla, Shocker, Terrible
Either Terra is going to be a 40 minute show next week or they’re going to show this tournament. It’s 50/50. Less matches mean longer tournament matches.
Averno is still around and is on one of the teams which has a decent chance of winning this thing. Averno/Volador, Sombra/UG and Maximo/Escorpion are the favorites. Dragon/Mascara has a chance to spoil things (on a couple levels.)
Mr. Niebla & Atlantis and Marco Corleone & Terrible are pairs next week, in the main event next week. Mascara Dorada is also in next week and Mephisto makes the most sense. Guessing the other five: Blue Panther/Ephesto (or Negro Casas if healthy), Brazo de Plata/Rey Bucanero, Diamante Azul/Euforia, Stuka Jr./Tiger and Comandante Pierroth/Thunder. That would leave the Estetas and most of the Guerreros all free again.