CMLL (FRI) 01/24/2014 Arena Mexico [CMLL Terra, LuchaWorld]
1) Hombre Bala Jr. & Súper Halcón Jr. b Guerrero Negro Jr. & Herodes Jr.
Tecnicos took 1/3.
2) Dalys, La Seductora, Princesa Blanca b Goya Kong, Marcela, Silueta
Rudas took 2/3 in a long match. Dalys used the ropes to beat Marcela.
2) Amapola, Dalys, Princesa Blanca b Goya Kong, Marcela, Silueta
Amapola replaced Seductora. Rudas took 2/3 in a long match. Dalys used the ropes to beat Marcela.
3) Máximo, Stuka Jr., Titán b Dragón Rojo Jr., Misterioso Jr., Rey Escorpión
Tecnicos took 2/3. Maximo used the ropes to beat Escorpion. Maximo challenged Escorpion to a hair match. Escorpion agreed. The commissioner just happened to have a contract, but Escorpion walked out instead of signing.
4) Diamante Azul b Euforia [lightning]
Azul german suplex in
5) Averno, Mephisto, Negro Casas b La Sombra, Rush, Shocker
Straight falls, Shocker fouling Rush to set up the rudo win. Shocker declared he was joining the rudo side so he could fight Rush.
6) Niebla Roja, Reaper, Último Guerrero b Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Volador Jr.
Rudos took 1/3, Guerrero Special on Volador.
Shocker has not been a rudo since 2006, when he returned to CMLL as a surprise member of Los Perros del Mal. That rudo stint only lasted a couple of months. Rush is the guy who’s been and will get booed in their feud, but Shocker turning rudo means they’re committed to keeping him tecnico for the time being.
CMLL aired a vignette of Shocker & Rush having a near fight in the gym and one of Mr. Niebla & Zacarias recruiting crazy Herodes & Barbaro as new Peste Negra members. Those should air on TV in the next week.
Niebla Roja, Guerrero Maya, Delta, Gran Guerrero, Stukita, and Mascara Dorada all rode the Turiluchas bus to the show.
AAA tapes tonight in Guerrero Negro. Tapings in Baja California Sur are rare. It’s not the easiest place to get to, but AAA’s more willing to go when they have a good sponsor for the taping. Tickets are free for this show. The Rey de Reyes tournament starts with Zoror, Silver King, Fenix and Mesias in Block A. Mesias seems like the favorite, since AAA seems to be setting up Psycho Clown/Texano Jr. II for Rey de Reyes. Those two meet in the Consejo/Clown segunda. Main event is La Secta vs Cibernetico, Parka, and Jack, with the rudos being listed as the hometown team.
Rob has highlights of 11/15/13 AAA
Drago says his relationship with Faby is only professional, it was AAA who put them together, and Cuervo had no reason to be jealous
Arkangel promo on Gallo.
CMLL (FRI) 01/31/2014 Arena Mexico
1) Stukita & Último Dragoncito vs Pequeño Violencia & Pierrothito
2) Fuego, Súper Halcón Jr., Tritón vs Kamaitachi, Sangre Azteca, Shigeo Okumura
3) Dark Angel, Estrellita, Marcela vs Dalys, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sugheit
4) La Sombra & Oro Jr. vs Guerrero Negro Jr. & Terrible and Soberano Jr. & Volador Jr. and Averno & El Rebelde and Hombre Bala Jr. & Máximo and Akuma & Rey Bucanero and Blue Panther & Cachorro and Espanto Jr. & Mephisto [Gran Alternativa, semifinal]
winner faces Block B winner (02/07) in the final (02/14)
5) Mr. Niebla, Shocker, Último Guerrero vs Atlantis, La Máscara, Rush
Shocker returns a rudo, teaming with his greatest rival and his other greatest rival. (Also, the Atlantis & UG thing.)
Gran Alternativa is much earlier in the year than recent years. El Rebelde makes his DF debut in this tournament. Hombre Bala was runner up last year and is one of the favorites. Oro Jr. and Soberano Jr. also have chances (and that would set up a Sombra/Volador meeting.) I’m assuming this will operate like Leyenda de Plata and the entire tournament will air on Terra.
Tercera continues the Marcela/Dalys feud, which hopefully quickly gets to wherever it’s going.
Japanense wikipedia has a picture of a supernatural mythical monster Kamiatachi as a sort of giant squirrel with knifes attached to each foot. Sounds fun. The idea is they move so fast no one can actually see them. There are two NJPW trainees on excursions right now – one in Europe, one in the US, neither sounding like they’re headed to Japan. Don’t even have a guess on this one.