AAA TV (SUN) 02/09/2014 Centro Civico Nueva Aragon, Ecatepec, Estado de Mexico
1) Jinzo, Ludxor, Venum vs ?, Carta Brava Jr., Fresero Jr.
2) Aerostar, Faby Apache, Jennifer Blake vs El Apache, Sexy Star, Taya Valkyrie
3) Crazy Boy & Joe Lider vs Juventud Guerrera & Steve Pain
Nino Hamburguesa will be with the Mexican Powers
4) Angélico, Australian Suicide, Jack Evans vs Chessman, Daga, Pentagón Jr.
5) Cibernético vs El Elegido, el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Electroshock [Rey de Reyes, semifinal]
listed as Group 3
6) El Mesías, Fénix, La Parka, Psycho Clown vs Jeff Jarrett, Parka Negra, Texano, Zorro
Air Date: 02/15, 02/22
Did AAA release this one early so I wouldn’t have it up first again? NAH. This sadly means I have like 3 AAA posts left for the next 31 days, which is kind of depressing. Maybe some recaps ones too, those are always plesant.
Speaking of, I just watched Guerra de Titanes Part 2 last night – everything recap wise is way behind for a variety of reasons – and sincerely wrote that the main event seemed like blow off for Jeff Jarrett in AAA. I am a tremendous fool. Back again. On the other side, you have to give AAA credit for giving Ecatepec what passes for a major show main event match on a regular TV taping. This paragraph has become too sarcastic, let’s try a new one.
Everyone seems to be working under the impression that Jarrett is starting his own promotion in the US. That would seem to be something competing for the same general space as AAA US. TNA could similarly be seen competition when Jarrett was working for them, but working with potential competition does not seem like a concern to AAA. It fits with their desire to work with CMLL, saying it’ll make both groups stronger. I’m personally unconvinced it’ll work that way, but AAA’s pretty consistent on this.
This is the first six match taping of the year*, so there’s probably not another until 02/23, and maybe 1 or 2 before Rey de Reyes. They’re obviously making a lot of headway on the tournament itself and there’s enough repeated match ups that other stuff may be in place. Texano and Mesias seem to be opposite each other a lot in particular.
Cibernetico and Perro Aguayo have be in the same block of three straight tournaments and have lost without getting pinned the last two times. If it happens again, it’s probably good news for Electroshock.
Tercera is listed as Nueva Generacion AAA. Chessman’s never not new. Like in Toluca, plenty of titles and maybe a title program after that.
Mexican Powers vs Anarquia is a street fight, but it’s also probably every Mexican Power match. No sign of Eterno in action yet.
Aerostar! With probably no one great for him to work against except Apache, so that’s a weird thing. I don’t know if they should swap him and returning Fusion superstar Jinzo, since a women’s 4 match for the Reina de Reinas title seems likely and hte opener is just there to give different guys a chance, but it would be nice if the Space Cadets got to team up – I think the CMLL version has more teamups still, and that should be impossible.
* – assuming there’s not a surprise block 1 to be added to Naucalpan; AAA’s acknowledged there’s something to be announced. This is a very big reach, but AJ Styles doesn’t have a booking that Friday and it’s possible they didn’t have him (or someone like him) locked in when that lineup was announced by may be able to announce him later on. Shot in the dark.