DTU (SAT) 11/30/2013 Polideportivo Xonaca, Puebla, Puebla [R de Rudo]
1) Artikus & Lanzeloth b Ave Fenix & Heliux and Stell Boy & Yeygo
2) Slayer Pack b Pequeno Cobra, Kalibus
3) Chica Ye-Ye, Joey Ryan, Kaleth b Ángel del Misterio, La Magnifica, Rey Celestial
Chica Ye Ye was a surprise luchador.
4) Roderick Strong b Jinzo, Drastik Boy, Hacker, Black Fire, Crazy Boy
Roderick beat Jinzo.
5) Billytronig & Demente Extreme b Ángel o Demonio & Ovett and Cíclope & Miedo Extremo and Aero Boy & Violento Jack
Aero & Violento moved up from the second. Billytronig (?) replaced X-Fly and his team got the win.
DTU (SUN) 12/01/2013 Arena Azteca Budokhan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), Furia de Titanes, The Gladiatores]
1) Robin (porros) & Súper Boy b Lunatick Boy & Lunatick Extreme
2) Hellboy, Wotan, Xatana b Deirus Extreme, Dragol, Parkour
Xatana looks good
3) Chica Ye-Ye, Joey Ryan, Rey Celestial b Ángel del Misterio, Kalibus, La Magnifica
4) Roderick Strong b Fly Warrior, Jinzo, Fly Metalik, Crazy Boy
Roderick Strong beat Crazy Boy when Heavy Metal attacked Crazy Boy with a guitar.
5) Ángel o Demonio & Ovett b Cíclope & Demente Extreme
CMLL (MON) 12/02/2013 Arena Puebla [El Popular]
1) Black Tiger & Robin b Akrón & Akuma
2) Camorra, Fuerza Chicana, Toro Bill Jr. b Asturiano, Magnus, Súper Halcón Jr.
Magnus attacked Asturiano to give the rudos the win.
3) Bárbaro Cavernario, Cancerbero, Raziel b Rey Cometa, Sagrado, Stigma
Camorra interfered to cost Stigma the match again. Mask match challenges.
4) Blue Panther, Delta, Titán DQ Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
Delta was announced on Monday as a replacement for Angel de Oro (injury). Averno feuded with Titan, fouled Blue Panther for the DQ.
5) Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero b Atlantis, Mistico, Shocker
Rudos took 1/3, Gran Guerrero taking Mistico’s mask and beating him in the third.
Magnus turning rudo here is pretty random. Not sure if that or the main event finish is going anywhere quite yet.
AAA’s preview of the 12/14 Puerto Vallerta taping mentions Blue Demon, Cibernetico, Fenix, Pentagon, Steve Pain, Taya and “members of Los Consejo” will be on the card. They held the press conference for the show today, but they probably don’t want to give out an exact lineup until after Guerra de Titanes (not that it looks like it’ll change things.)
Murder Clown hype interviews for Guerra de Titanes notes “this is not the first time we’ve faced Consejo.” YOU DON’T SAY. I didn’t catch the last night’s AAA web chat with the Psycho Circus, but they did mention it was the last AAA web chat of the year.
AAA lists a spot show in Chilapancingo, Guerrero on 12/21. That’s the traditional location and about the usual date for AAA’s year end show with a five match lineup. They’re getting the usual show, but just not as a TV taping.
CMLL Gaceta has a story on Christopher from the Academia Kids reality show visiting Arena Mexico. That’s a TV Azteca show, which CMLL wrestlers have appeared on. TV Azteca also broadcasts the El Isla show Shocker was on, and their American network is airing CMLL of late.
There’s enough back and forth between both companies that someone’s probably suggested CMLL getting TV on one of TV Azteca’s over the air channels (replacing Televisa), but there’s still big obstacles to overcome. CMLL wants to be paid for any TV show, and CMLL doesn’t produce interesting enough TV for a TV Azteca. As mentioned elsewhere, CMLL cut out the tease of the Volador turn from this week’s Fox Sports show, the kind of thing which defeats the point of doing turns or building matches. The Negro Casas/Rush hair match challenges were cut, which makes some sense if they’ve changed their mind on that direction again, but the Volador turn goes on. The current CMLL TV production is frequently boring to those of us who are going to watch lucha libre anyway; it’s not going to draw in enough other people to be worth a major network paying for it unless they actually improve it.
CMLL.com, the website, posted video of the Invasors/Volador fight from this past Friday’s show. Different departments feel differently about things.
At Friday’s Tijuana show, it was announced Bestia 666 would be heading to WWE. Masked Republic clarifies it’s for an NXT tryout, so no deal is done. The show also handed out local commission year end awards:
Luchador: TJ Boy
“Mejor Proyección Luchistica en el País”: Bestia 666Tag Team: Mr. Maldito & the Platino
Tecnico: Tony Casanova
Relevation: Mosco Negro
Rob has highlights of 09/20/13 CMLL.
- Video from the Dos Caras & Mil Mascaras vs Nosawa & Masada press conference.
- Titan thanks everyone who’s supporting him.
- Rafael el Maya was at the Todo x el Todo show and may start refereeing there. He’s very down recent CMLL concpets like “super libre plus”.
- DJ Spectro looks back at Canek defeating Dr. Wagner for his first title, an El Santo/Perro Aguayo draw, and the time Diablo was supposed to face Santo and unmasked an X-Man instead.
- Cronicas and Leyendas looks back at Konnan’s return to Mexico.
- Pluma Negra took Al Carrillo’s hair in Arena Jalisco Guadalajara.
- R de Rudo writes about a lucha libre show to raise funds for Televisa’s Teleton.
- Improlucha celebrated it’s 8th Anniversary.
- Oriental won a random title.
Lucha Libre in Japan
12/03 AJPW: Dark Ozz [O] & Dark Cuervo b Kotaro Suzuki [X] & Atsushi Aoki in the World’s Strongest Tag League
2-2! .500! I didn’t think they’d see that again. A solid sixth place halfway thru.
12/03 NJPW: Testsuya Naito & La Sombra [O] b Minouri Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin [X] in the World Tag League
Sombra actually got a pin in the tournament! Sombra & Naito are 3-2, with one match left versus Rob Conway and Jax Dane on 12/06. They’re tied with Tenzan/Kojima (who they lost against) and Gallows/Anderson (who they beat). Top 2 advance.
LLF (FRI) 12/06/2013 Arena Femenil de Monterrey
***LLF 13th Anniversary***
1) Katary & Shekinah vs Lady Flammer & Lady Puma and La Gacela & Lady Maladad and Baby Puma & La Justiciera [LLF TAG]
2) Diana La Cazadora vs La Chacala [bull terrier]
3) La Sádica vs Lady Star [LLF Juvenil]
Sadica is the champion
4) Angelica vs Estrella Explosiva [mask]
Angelica’s mask vs Estrella’s hair.
End of the year show for the regular women’s promotion in Monterrey. I’m picking Estrella to win. As far as I can find, this is the first time the LLF tag team titles have been seen since 2008, when Tsunami and Chacala are champions.
CMLL (SUN) 12/08/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Brillante vs Samael
2) Martin Escobedo & Tony Escobedo vs Ángel del Mal & Demonio Rojo
3) El Divino vs Sádico
4) El Ídolo, Esfinge, León Blanco vs Demonio Maya, Espectrum, Infierno
5) Gallo, Solar I, Stuka Jr. vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Negro Navarro, Ráfaga
6) Atlantis & La Máscara vs Gran Guerrero & Último Guerrero
Solar and Negro Navarro guest here, though not in an all maestros match.
XMW (SUN) 12/08/2013 Iglesia de la Santa Cruz, Distrito Federal
1) Ancla, Centella, Fenry, Medieval vs Guazón, Maiden, Torny, Yoruba
2) Markus & Nortux vs Fly Metalik & Fulgor and Dollar & Kronoz
3) ?, Herodes Jr., Stukita, Titán (CMLL) vs Belial, Fly Warrior, Low Rider, Wotan [Copa Grand Prix]
CMLL vs XMW
4) Legendario vs Metaleón, Vamper, Terremoto, Mr. Leo, Mascara Sagrada Jr. [XMW LH]
5) Arez vs Ricky Marvin [XNL CHAMP]
Ricky Marvin is champion
6) Ludark Shaitan vs Impulso, Fly Star, Sick Boy, Kratoz, Obscuro, Demoledor [Tournament Of Death]
Titan does some crazy stuff in CMLL, but I’ve thought his career will be extended by the style limits CMLL imposes. There are no limits on this show, so this may be a good chance to test the theory.