CMLL (FRI) 11/15/2013 Arena Mexico [CMLL, Terra]
1) Metálico & Molotov b Disturbio & Espanto Jr.
2) Namajague, Sangre Azteca, Shigeo Okumura b Pegasso, Sagrado, Tritón
Rudos took 1/3, Sangre beating Sagrado.
3) Ángel de Oro, Fuego, Stuka Jr. b Misterioso Jr., Puma, Tiger
Tecnicos took 2/3.
4) Titán b Boby Zavala [lightning]
Titan won with Titanics in 5:50.
5) Atlantis, Blue Panther, Diamante Azul b Felino, Mr. Niebla, Pierroth
Tecnicos took 2/3, Diamante Azul beating Pierroth.
6) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush b Negro Casas, Tama Tonga, Terrible
straight falls, Rush sneaking in a foul on Negro. Negro challenged Rush to a hair match. Crowd was behind Casas.
AAA’s year ending show may have a confusing build, but CMLL is not any better. After weeks of building with Rush and Tama Tonga, we’re back to Rush versus Negro Casas. I’d much rather see the latter match, but I have no idea if it’s going to happen either. (And there’s nothing else building unless Dalys/Marcela is still a thing.) Both Negro & Rush being reported as saying they should sign for a hair match is super weird since CMLL went thru a whole song and dance about them (and Shocker and Atlantis and Ultimo Guerrero) signing contracts for apuesta matches previously. Maybe it was just lost in the translation.
Show was weirdly short, lasting just two hours – at least a half hour shorter than the usual length. Seemed like the short matches were on the undercard (but I didn’t see them so I dunno what happened.)
Terra had problems last night with getting the feed to stay up. They actually gave up on the device they were using to stream in HD and switched to a different SD device (which makes only a little difference to you but really messes up my recording – I’ve only got the lightning match complete and the last few minutes of the opener.)
Tercera Caida posted their behind the scenes interview with Arkangel and Isis.
Camorra blames Stigma for starting their feud.
DJ Spectro looks back at Sunny War Cloud, a 1986 tribute to Valente Perez, and a 1984 double apuesta show. Random question: Should Valente Perez be in the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame as a contributor? I really don’t know enough myself to say so, but I know enough to think it’s possible.
CMLL Gaceta has a preview of Sunday’s Arena Mexico card, with the return of Dark Angel.
Porra Fresa has a preview of Monday’s card.
IWRG (THU) 11/21/2013 Arena Naucalpan
1) Seiya & Sky Ángel vs Atomic Star & Electro Boy
2) Emperador Azteca, Hip Hop Man, Mr. Leo vs Anubis Black, Araña de Plata, Kalim Black
3) Dragón Celestial vs Douki [super libre, #1 Contenders, IWRG IC Light]
winner gets a shot at Imposible
4) Canis Lupus vs Golden Magic [super libre]
5) Eterno & Súper Nova vs Alan Extreme & Veneno and Trauma I & Trauma II
Lots of super libre and the main event may as well end up that way. It’s a follow up to last week, with Alan & Veneno teaming after being turned on by their partners last week. Either outcome of the #1 contenders match should be good.
CMLL (FRI) 11/22/2013 Arena Mexico
1) Hombre Bala Jr. & Súper Halcón Jr. vs Disturbio & Guerrero Negro Jr.
2) Dark Angel, Goya Kong, Silueta vs Dalys, La Seductora, Princesa Blanca
3) Ángel de Oro, Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr. vs Misterioso Jr., Shigeo Okumura, Virus
4) Atlantis, Blue Panther, La Máscara vs Kráneo, Psyco Ripper, Vangellys
5) Rush vs Negro Casas
6) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente vs Euforia, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr.
Estetas in the main event.
Rush vs Negro is not listed as a lightning, so it should be a three fall (or maybe more likely two fall) match. Negro wins here to set up a hair match on the second Friday of December?
Psyco Ripper sticks out like a sore thumb. I have no idea! Ran out of time to do research this morning, look for another post later.