CMLL (FRI) 11/29/2013 Arena Mexico [CMLL, Estrellas del Ring]
1) Artillero & Súper Comando b Hombre Bala Jr. & Súper Halcón Jr.
Rudos took 2/3
2) Astral, Eléctrico, Shockercito b Demus 3:16, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito
Tecnicos took 2/3 in a disappointingly poor match.
3) Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto b Ángel de Oro, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr.
Rudos took 1/3.
4) Máximo b Niebla Roja [lightning]
Maximo defeated Niebla Roja with a kiss in 9 minutes.
5) Euforia, Tama Tonga, Último Guerrero b Atlantis, Diamante Azul, Shocker
Rudos took 2/3, UG defeating Atlantis with the Atlantida.
6) Psyco Ripper b Mr. Águila, Volador Jr., Mistico, Valiente, Máscara Dorada, Kráneo, La Máscara, Blue Panther, Morphosis [cibernetico]
Invasors vs CMLL. Order of elimination went Morphosis, Blue Panther, La Mascara, Kraneo, Mascara Dorada, Valiente, Mistico (via Volador La Mistica, again.) That left 3 Invasors – Volador, Aguila, Ripper – and it turned out to be a an elimination match to the final person (despite being billed as side versus side). Volador again shook Mistico’s hand after beating him, causing his partners to turn on him. Volador battled back against Ripper & Aguila, but was defeated. Ripper beat Aguila. After the match, Volador vowed to take Ripper’s mask. Invasors attacked him again, with the tecnicos returning to make the save.
Volador’s a tecnico going forward. Took a few less weeks than Dalys! I’m not sure this is a decision totally about Volador. The Estetas del Aire exist to pair Mistico with two guys the CMLL crowd will actually cheer in hopes to get the same for Mistico. Volador is even more cheered, so maybe the thought is his new (and totally inexplicable) respect for Mistico will help him even more. Their are problems with this approach. CMLL hasn’t come up with a reason for Volador to like Mistico, so this turn is coming off as a bit contrived. It also messes with Volador’s appeal. CMLL’s crowd embraced Volador in large part because he was positioned as the anti-Mistico, anti-establishment character and there’s nothing more establishment than becoming new Mistico’s best friend. This is going to test Volador’s appeal and I don’t know how the crowd is going to react.
Also, let’s not forget to notice Mr. Aguila of all the people got to win the cibernetico. Not the guy who’s being pushed as Volador’s new rival, the one who shows up for every big match in no condition. A strange way to book things. Correction: Ripper did win, I misread the result.
I wasn’t around to watch the Terra broadcast last night, but it was said to be not as good as hoped. There was also absolutely nothing of note for ongoing issues which might resolve soon (though they’re obviously keeping UG/Atlantis alive.) Leyenda de Plata was still being hyped as upcoming, but not upcoming this week.
Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas and Zacarias rode on the TuriLuchas tourist bus. Rey Bucanero returned – as a commentator. I didn’t see any update about how long he would be out.
A couple quick TV notes:
- Lucha Azteca has been moved to 4pm CT. That seems like it’s a permanent change.
- News magazine show “Tras la Verdad” on Univision has an episode about Boxing and Lucha Libre Sunday at noon CT.
At a press conference for today’s DTU show in Puebla, Crazy Boy offered a full refund for anyone
satisfied unsatisfied with the show. And also that “blood will flow in bulk.”
TerceraCaida posted their behind the scenes video with Los Piratas.
CMLL (FRI) 12/06/2013 Arena Mexico
1) Aéreo & Stukita vs Pequeño Nitro & Pequeño Olímpico
2) Fuego, Hombre Bala Jr., Súper Halcón Jr. vs Cancerbero, Hijo del Signo, Raziel
3) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stuka Jr. vs Namajague, Shigeo Okumura, Virus
4) Titán vs Pólvora [lightning]
5) Diamante Azul, Rush, Super Porky vs Tama Tonga, Terrible, Último Guerrero
6) Mistico, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Psyco Ripper
No sign of Rush versus Negro Casas for two straight weeks is a very bad sign for it happening this December. They’ve promised it twice now and then just not gotten around to it. CMLL seems just as likely to do Psyco Ripper versus Volador, though that seems way too soon. Last year, CMLL’s big year end match was just the Leyenda de Plata – that seems the most likely outcome this year, maybe with a Tama Tonga/Terrible vs Rush/La Mascara tag title rematch as the semimain. That would be a very disappointing way to the year and a sign the year end show shouldn’t be expected to mean anything in future years.
2/3/4 look good. Titan has all the lightning matches.