CMLL (FRI) 10/04 Arena Mexico [@therealfredo, CMLL]
1) Canelo Casas & Guerrero Negro Jr. b Oro Jr. & Soberano Jr.
Rudos took 2/3 in a match with some big spots.
2) Amapola, Princesa Blanca, Tiffany b Dallys la Caribeña, Estrellita, Marcela
Rudas took 1/3, with Dallys not getting along with Maricela and fully turning by the end of the match. The rudas fully welcomed Dallys to their side, with Princesa Blanca seeming happiest about the turn.
3) Titán DQ Vangellys [lightning]
Vangellys fouled Titan on a reverse springboard for the DQ in 6′ 46″. Good match.
4) Máximo, Stuka Jr., Super Porky b Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Straight falls. Revolucionarios attacked Porky before the match and were DQed for excessive violence before the match, then rallied back to win with Porky sitting on Escorpion. Porky made the hair match challenge after (while also asking for vale tudo rules!) Unexpectedly violent match, good both as a build up and as a match in itself.
5) Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto b Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente
Mistico had Averno in La Mistico, but Mephisto broke it up with a dropkick and the rudos beat Mistico for the win. Seems like it sets up a title match but no mention in the results.
6) Atlantis, La Máscara, Marco Corleone b Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
La Mascara replaced Shocker. Appears tecnicos took 2/3. Atlantis beat Mr. Niebla, then went after his mask.
AAA responded to Dr. Wagner Jr.’s rant last night, and the story is not a big surprise: Dr. Wagner Jr. agreed to having AAA trademark his name in the US when he was on better terms with the company, then had had his falling out with them, and AAA says they decided not to go farther on based on their problems with Wagner. AAA says the trademark has not been officially registered at this point (so I’m either not understanding what I’m seeing on the trademark search or it’s not very clear on that point) and it does not sound like there’s any plans to pursue it. They are willing to give Wagner whatever they’ve gained so far, as long as Wagner pays them back for whatever fees and costs AAA has had to pay so far. Wagner has refused. It also does not sound like there are any plans to create an AAA Dr. Wagner or anything like that – the last line is very clear about respecting intellectual property rights, which relates back to the Alebrije/Psicosis/Histeria situations.
Ultimately, if AAA is to be believed, the trademark will be listed back as dead/invalid at some point and no one will specifically own the rights to the name and Wagner can do whatever he want. Which is what he likes to do best!
Terra’s rebroadcast of the Anniversary show was really nice, to a point. The entire show was shown in the new HD quality level, which is a treat. However, the Volador versus Sombra main event was not aired. It appeared the broadcast was just a playlist in a VLC Player, with each match as it’s own (MP4) file. The file names were displayed on screen before each match. As soon as the file for the trios title match ended, Terra broadcast a still of an orange traffic cone that’s very familiar to VLC users. This lasted a while before switching to the Terra logo and signing off. Not sure, but it looked to me like a technical screw up – someone didn’t have the playlist set up correct or a file in the right place – and not Terra skipping the main event on purpose. Hopefully they’ll reair just the match or upload it elsewhere so we can have that high quality version.
Coahuila luchador Alberto Mora, who helped trained LA Park, Super Parka, and Jerry Estrada among others, passed away on Thursday.
Negro Navarro, Black Terry, and Solar talk about defending la lucha ras de lona.
El Dandy talks about his career and lucha libre classes he’s teaching.
AAA held a wrestling clinic/meet and greet for kids displaced by the hurricanes.
Porra Fresa has a preview of Monday’s Puebla card.
Toryumon Mexico (SUN) 10/06/2013 Sala de Armas Magdalena Mixhuca
1) Graco El Gladiador & Leonidas vs Super Peluche & Yoruba
2) Anime & Babe Star vs Crazy Star (F) & Felina Metalica
3) Douki & Hanaoka vs Infierno & Krator and Hacha & Piel Roja
4) Magnus, Oro Jr., Super Ciudadano vs Akuma, Cholo, Patan
5) Atlantis & Último Dragón vs Gran Guerrero & Último Guerrero
Today! Always amazed when I can actually track down a lineup for these shows. Ultimo Dragon was interviewed in the most recent SuperLuchas saying lucha libre needed new guys to step up, but didn’t mention any names that might be hopes for the future. That’s kind of odd for a guy who is training people and running shows with young people, but about right for Ultimo Dragon.
IWRG (THU) 10/10/2013 Arena Naucalpan
1) Seiya vs Araña de Plata Jr.
2) Alfa & Omega vs Fulgor I & Fulgor II
3) Centvrión, Emperador Azteca, Golden Magic vs Alan Extreme, Canis Lupus, Freyzer
4) Trauma I, Trauma II, Veneno vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
5) Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan, Toscano vs El Hijo del Medico Asesino, Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., X-Fly
Better IWRG main event is the semifinal. Tercera could be a lot of fun. Segunda could be a lot of fun for the Fulgors, not so much the new brothers.
Freyzer is probably supposed to be Freyser, though if they can’t bother to spell it right on the poster then I won’t either. Why IWRG keeps using the name and character he gave up long ago is a mystery.
Castillo del Terror is back in 11/03.
CMLL (FRI) 10/11/2013 Arena Mexico
1) Astral & Eléctrico vs Pequeño Olímpico & Pierrothito
2) Goya Kong, Marcela, Silueta vs Dallys la Caribeña, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sugheit
3) Ángel de Oro, Fuego, Stuka Jr. vs Ephesto, Gran Guerrero, Vangellys
4) Máscara Dorada vs Averno [lightning]
5) Máximo, Super Porky, Valiente vs Comandante Pierroth, Dragón Rojo Jr., Rey Escorpión
6) La Sombra, Marco Corleone, Rush vs Rey Bucanero, Tama Tonga, Terrible
Tama’s back, Silueta is back, Pierrothito is back! Lightning match looks very good. Rey Escorpion versus Porky continues in the fifth. Bucanero & Tonga face one of their upcoming tag team title challengers, but will Rush and Sombra still be getting along after Tuesday’s match?
ERLL (SUN) 10/13/2013 Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Alas De Oro, Alfa 3000, Furia Azteca vs El Rudo, El Rufian, Mr. Odio
2) Diana La Cazadora, Poly Star, Princesa Sugheit vs Hija de Karonte, La Bandida, Lady Puma
3) Memo Valles vs Aguila Extrema, Hampon II, Bochido, Corazon Adicto, Poseidón, Rey Imagen, Gato Fantasma, Mortifero, Ciber Payaso, Rocko Martinez [Trofeo ERLL 4th Anniversary]
4) Cerebro Negro & Dr. Cerebro vs Diluvio Negro I & Silver Star
5) Antifaz del Norte & LA Park vs Hator & Volador I
4th Anniversary show, which also honors former promoter Lila Cavazos, who passed away 10 years ago this April. Volador goes back to his old name (and probably his old mask) for one night.