La función de lucha libre del próximo domingo 01 de septiembre se suspende por las marchas de los maestros
— Jose Luis Feliciano (@guerrero_cmll) August 29, 2013
Tuesday seemed in danger of being canceled due to a teacher’s protest. It went on, but the Sunday show in Arena Coliseo has already been called off because of another planned teacher’s protest.
This would’ve been the lineup:
CMLL (SUN) 09/01/2013 Arena Coliseo
1) Leono & Molotov vs Akuma & Canelo Casas
2) Dalis la Caribeña, Estrellita, Luna Mágica vs La Comandante, Princesa Sugheit, Tiffany
3) Hijo del Fantasma vs Tiger [lightning]
4) Ángel de Oro, Diamante Azul, Valiente vs Namajague, Shigeo Okumura, Taichi
5) La Sombra, Marco Corleone, Thunder vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys
6) Atlantis vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
That Hijo del Fantasma versus Tiger match is cursed.
Tanahashi was announced to be in CMLL until 09/08. It’s possible they could just reschedule his match versus Atlantis for that date if it’s not the day he’s expected to leave. If it doesn’t happen on 09/08, then it’s unlikely it will ever occur; Tanahashi may not be returning to Mexico any time soon, it’s unlikely to take place in NJPW and there’s no telling where Atlantis’ career will be headed after 09/13.
Terra’s weekly broadcast will be of tomorrow’s Friday night show instead. It’s unknown what CMLL will do with the the 52MX show (which uses the Terra Sunday broadcast.) If anyone’s looking for an idea, I would remind them that the Arena Coliseo Anniversary show never aired in the US and it’d be a nice thing to repeat.