AAA TV (FRI) 08/30/2013Arena Naucalpan [AAA, Black Terry Jr. (flickr)]
1) La Magnifica & Mary Apache b Faby Apache & Lolita Mary won when Cuervo distracted Faby. Cuervo and Faby had words after the match.
2) Dinastía & Mascarita Sagrada b Mini Charly Manson & Mini Histeria Sagrada was a crowd favorite and beat Histeria.
3) Crazy Boy, Joe Lider, Niño Hamburguesa b Carta Brava Jr., Eterno, Hijo de Pirata Morgan Hijo de Pirata’s first AAA match since 2007. Nino splashed Carta for the win. Juvi returned, asking to rejoin the Mexican Powers. They said YES. There was probably some dancing.
4) Angélico & Jack Evans b Machine Rocker & Soul Rocker and Daga & Psicosis Jack pinned Machine Rocker with a 630 senton.
5) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown b Chessman, Pentagón Jr., Texano Jr. Pentagon Jr. replaced Ultimo Gladiador and took the pin, so still no title shot for Psycho Clown.
6) Cuervo, Escoria, Ozz b Cibernético, el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, El Mesías first announced as a normal match, then a cage, then just a normal match when it happened. Cibernetico and Perro fought, the Secta got in a foul, and got the gift win. Faby ran in post match but was beat up with help from Espiritu and Mary Apache.
Air Date: 09/07?
Building appeared to be completely sold out.
Unsure how strong a victory La Secta got here. No idea what the deal was with the cage. Mary Apache appears to be in La Secta, which is definitely weird. No facepaint yet. Maybe they are setting up Drago & Faby vs Mary & Cuervo?
Texano really should start complaining about Psycho Clown getting infinite chances.
CMLL (FRI) 08/30/2013Arena Mexico [CMLL, CMLL on Terra]
1) Apocalipsis & Disturbio b Metálico & Sensei Rudos took 1/3.
2) Amapola, La Seductora, Princesa Blanca b Dalis la Caribeña, Goya Kong, Marcela Seductora pinned Marcela in the first (only after Blanca powerbombed Marcela.) At the end of a long second fall, Marcela accidentally missile dropkicked Dallys, and Dallys attacked her not at all on accident. Rudas took advantage for the win. Dallys, looking like the ruda in the new issue, refused to make friends and stormed off after the match.
3) Averno, Pólvora, Rey Escorpión b Blue Panther, Máscara Dorada, Mistico Rudos took 1/3. Revolucionarios beat Estetas in the third and challenged for a title shot. Mascara Dorada accepted for “proxima fecha.” Panther and Averno feuded heavily and brawled to the back at the finish.
4) Dragón Rojo Jr. b Titán [CMLL Universal, eightfinal] Dragon Bomb for the win.
5) Hiroshi Tanahashi b Shigeo Okumura [CMLL Universal, eightfinal] Okumura was a last minute replacement for Diamante Azul (out for “personal reasons”.) Tanahashi worked tecnico and won with a german suplex.
6) La Sombra b Mephisto [CMLL Universal, eightfinal] Sombra double moonsault (after kicking out of Mephisto’s valagueza and super Devil’s Wings.)
7) Virus b Valiente [CMLL Universal, eightfinal] Virus won clean with the Gori Special.
8) Hiroshi Tanahashi b Dragón Rojo Jr. [CMLL Universal, quarterfinal] Tanahashi survived Rojo’s top rope double stomp and put on a cloverleaf for the submission win.
9) La Sombra b Virus [CMLL Universal, quarterfinal] Sombra Brillante Driver to advance.
10) Hiroshi Tanahashi b La Sombra [CMLL Universal, final] Good match. Sombra started to go for the rope flip moonsault, but was distracted by Volador Jr. Tanahashi dropped Sombra with the Hooligan Crash and landed the High Fly Flow for the win. Sombra challenged Tanahashi to mask versus hair match. Tanahashi did not accept.
11) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush b Felino, Negro Casas, Volador Jr. Negro submitted Rush with an STF in the first. Maximo beat Volador with the Kiss of Death in the second. Maximo and Marco beat the Casas brothers clean in the third. Some great Negro versus Rush action.
Terra’s feed died during the Blue Panther/Averno match, but was fine otherwise. Universal tournament matches seemed better than usual. Announcers did the usual Fox wrap up bit after Tanahashi/Sombra, so the Universal tournament should be airing on that show. The rest – maybe Galavision? maybe nowhere? Maybe 52MX since there’s no Sunday taping?
I’m sure Mascara Dorada said “proxima fecha”, but apparently that doesn’t mean next week. Or the Anniversary show, so far, because it’s not been added to that. None of the guys are on next week’s card.
Diamante Azul is supposed to be defending his title versus Pierroth today in Durango.
AAA is back to taping TV tonight in Arena Naucalpan. The main event was originally scheduled to be a normal trios match, but it will instead be a cage match including La Secta members Cuervo, Ozz and Escoria, Perro Aguayo, Mesias and Cibernetico (with nothing on the line.) The original idea was the tecnicos & Perro had to find away to get along to fight the Secta, but that seems less vital now that they’re in a cage and not really a team. It’s a big proving ground for La Secta, who had a good start a month ago with their attack on the tecnicos and need to keep it rolling if they’re going to be believed as a strong rudo unit. Semimain is another Consejo (& oddly Ultimo Gladiador) versus Psycho Circus match.
First four matches have less ongoing story but all could be really good. Magnficia and Lolita get rare TV appearances in the opener (in what looks like it could be the best women’s match in Arena Naucalpan in “I don’t even know how long”). Dinastia faces off his best opponent – Mini Histeria – in the minis match. The Mexican Powers get the chance to be less extreme and more kid friendly in a trios match against a sort of IWRG crew and a Jack/Angelico versus Rockers vs Perros del Mal three way match could be the best match anywhere tonight.
CMLL has it’s usual Friday night show in Arena Mexico. Sunday’s cancellation means tonight’s show will be broadcast live on Terra.mx at 8:30 pm CT. There’s a generally meaningless (but possibly good) trios main event, and the real focus is on the Universal tournament. There are guys I like in this block – Titan! Valiente! Virus! – but they really might as well skip all first and second round matches and just give Sombra and Tanahashi 15 minutes. It would be a massive upset if they weren’t the final two, and it looks very likely that Tanahashi will advance to face Rush next week, leaving only the quality the block final will be as the only big mystery. The more time they get, the better it’ll be.
Meanwhile, Panther and Averno meet in the tercera but their feud may not be the story coming out of it. CMLL is very slightly teasing a Revolucinarios versus Estetas trios title match; we should know if it’s happening and when it’s happening by the end of the night.
As noted last night, CMLL and AAA are off GalaTV this week. There’s a Veracruz/Monterrey game starting at 4:45 instead, though they could’ve easily moved the shows around and still aired them instead of the 100th repeat of Secrets of Magic Revealed! AAA people have bragged about how their show gets better ratings than WWE (as recently as Perro Aguayo Jr. in this week’s SuperLuchas), but it’s pretty obvious that doesn’t matter too much to Televisa – they’d air Raw at the wrong time if they had to, but not AAA or CMLL. Neither promotion has acknowledged the preemption.
Didn’t notice it last night, but the Mexican baseball playoffs wrapped up. (Quintaa Roo Tigres won.) Both TVC Deportes and the AYM family of networks were to carry games this weekend if the series kept going. Expect all the lucha libre times to move around now that they’ve got the opening.
A recap of last Sunday’s show in Coliseo Tulancingo mentions local luchador Rocky Lobo is headed to Japan. Lobo is a DTU regular and has popped up in AAA. No promotion is mentioned. He doesn’t fit the look of the guy teased to be joining Eita’s group in Dragon Gate, though he’d have the right connections to be there. Lobo is also related to Super Crazy, so NOAH seems possible, but there’s no sign of him on their just announced tour. Maybe it’s a small group?
Leo Riano knew what he was talking about: CMLL & AAA are off GalaTV this week. (At least according to entutele and Teleivsa’s website – TV Guide still lists them on at normal times.) This happened back on 08/03, with no warning that week, and the shows were were back on next week. There needs to be at least two straight weeks of no TV before worrying about any long term change, but CMLL & AAA losing GalaTV would be tremendous change to the status quo.
En Busca de un Idolo also is missing from the schedule.
== AAA ==
AAA-Televisa: this will still air on UTDN, and be at least half of the Queretaro show. This probably works out as a 1 week taping, which means Psycho Circus vs Consejo and Cibernetico/Parka/Mesias vs Perro/Negra/Chessman definitely air, and a couple picks from the undercard.
AAA-Fusion: Whatever’s left from the Queretaro show
== CMLL ==
Galavision/Televisa: A bit of trouble, since this was supposed to have Atlantis vs Ultimo Guerrero and the CMLL Universal tournament. They’ve a made an effort to put the best matches on this show the last couple of weeks, which may have been a way to stave off whatever’s happening.
FOX: Tanahashi/Namjague/Puma vs Marco/Maximo/Shocker, Oro/Maya/Titan vs Misterioso/Taichi/Vangelis. Maybe the opener if they have time. (Maybe the stuff that was on Televisa if they have a lot of warning time.)
52MX: Tanahashi/Pierroth/Terrible vs the Guerreros, Panther/Azul/Porky vs Euforia/Felino/Taichi, Okumura vs Fuego
C3: Guerreros vs Atlantis/Mascara/Thunder
TVC Deportes (Puebla): Rey Escorpion vs Ultimo Guerrero for the light heavyweight title
En Busca de un Idolo: Misterioso vs Stuka, Fuego vs Sangre Azteca were supposed to air.
Terra: AIRING FRIDAY’S SHOW, so the Universal tournament Block B and a Rush versus Negro Casas trios main event.
== Other ==
IWRG-AYM Sports: AYM lists the show as a whole half hour sooner, but it doesn’t mean anything until Sunday. Traumas vs FdT, AULL vs IWRG.
Noches de Coliseo: Hechicero/Simbolo/Silencio vs Diluvio Negro/Golden Boy/Vaquero Romo?
IWL: The trios tournament from the 06/18 Arena Aficion show
Leo Riano says there was a rumor a few weeks ago that lucha libre would be leaving broadcast TV in Mexico and the rumor has gotten stronger. That’s the GalaTV shows, and we’ve seen that network make weekend programming changes each year in time with the start of the NFL season (which starts next week.) The wording suggest to me that the rumor is the shows would still exist and probably still within the greater Televisa universe of networks, but maybe on a Televisa Deportes cable channel instead of the current free to all channel. I don’t want to delve into too heavy because it’s acknowledged as just a rumor, but it’d obviously be bad news for both promotions and have some very interesting ripple effects – the wrong network could seriously harm AAA, the right one could allow them to regain the rights to sell their US TV shows after all.
10/16: Plaza de Toros Santa Maria, Queretaro – culture shock
10/17: Arena VFG, Guadalajara
10/18: Arena Ciudad de Mexico
10/19: Arena Monterrey
This week’s WON mentions AAA might be running Heroes Inmortales in Guadalajara, which would be around the same time as the WWE show. Alberto Del Rio, Rey Misterio and Big Show were announced for the tour. The WWE.com tour page adds the Wyatt Family and CM Punk. Sin Cara’s name was not mentioned. Resume fantasy booking!
Tercera Caida airs today at 5:30 pm, while there’s a Fusion show scheduled for 6pm on Friday. Either AAA takes another big break after the Toluca show, or there should be a couple new Fusion episodes in the next few weeks.
Hijo del Santo gives some attention to someone in need of an ego boost – Dr. Wagner Junior! This week’s column is about talking about Wagner as perhaps the most complete luchador in Mexico. I often wonder who Santo is writing this column for – maybe people who do not actually watch lucha libre – because he takes effort to explain Wagner’s normal gestures and catch phrases as if Wagner had not been a mainstay for the last 20 years. At the same time, Santo also repeatedly mentions he prefers Wagner Sr.’s look and style over his son’s, but the people seem to like his son’s and other similar slightly cutting remarks. I can’t tell if he’s being weird or just building up the feud for the mask match. Santo makes sure to get in the shot on AAA (the promotion that made him a tentpole of the promotion didn’t treat him with respect.)
Blue Panther says he’s been training with his sons in preparation for his hair match with Averno. Panther says he and Averno have agreed to submission rules and hopes Averno doesn’t take it back (which suggests this is not an official stipulation and may be ignored in the actual match to the great annoyance of people watching.) If Averno keeps up his side of it, Panther feels this might be the greatest match in the history of CMLL.
Cibernetico is a bit concerned about La Secta and Perros del Mal maybe having secretly planned this whole thing to set Cibernetico up for a beatdown on Friday night. Cibernetico reminds Perro that he was attacked too and he’ll get revenge on La Secta with or without him.
Violento Jack lost to Jun Kasai in the semifinals of the PAIN Limit match in a “double dangerous cross-board deathmatch”. Jack offered a handshake of respect after the match, but it was a setup to a powerbomb instead. Kasai would go onto lose in the final. I’d guess it’s not the end for Jack and Kasai.
NOAH introduces Fenix. They have Fenix for 4 Fusion title defenses, which is the same number as the luchawiki (which is probably wrong.)
CMLL (TUE) 09/03/2013Arena Mexico
1) Aéreo & Pequeño Halcón vs Pequeño Violencia & Pequeño Warrior
2) Pegasso, Starman, Stigma vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Canelo Casas, Disturbio
3) Diamante, Hijo del Fantasma, Sagrado vs Namajague, Puma, Virus
4) Fuego vs Boby Zavala [lightning]
5) Blue Panther, Máscara Dorada, Thunder vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
6) Rush, Terrible, Vangellys vs Negro Casas, Shocker, Valiente [Relevos Increíbles]
Between this match, Puebla and the anniversary match, that’s three different increible matches where Rush is on the pseuedo-rudo side. Hmm. Meanwhile, Rush was in SuperLuchas this week, saying he didn’t want to be a rudo because all the fans cheer for the rudos and he doesn’t want to be cheered.
I need some Thunder/Dorada teamwork spots. Namajague, Puma and Virus is a great evil crew. Maybe Disturbio can make friends with Canelo now that Zavala has left him behind. Skipping the opener is fine.
CMLL (TUE) 09/03/2013Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Esfinge & Metatrón vs Ráfaga & Sádico
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Oro Jr., Súper Halcón Jr. vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Cancerbero, Raziel
3) Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr., Titán vs Kráneo, Morphosis, Psicosis
4) Pólvora vs Ángel de Oro [CMLL WELTER] Polvora is champion. Fifth defense.
5) Atlantis, La Sombra, Marco Corleone vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr.
Tuesday seemed in danger of being canceled due to a teacher’s protest. It went on, but the Sunday show in Arena Coliseo has already been called off because of another planned teacher’s protest.
This would’ve been the lineup:
CMLL (SUN) 09/01/2013Arena Coliseo
1) Leono & Molotov vs Akuma & Canelo Casas
2) Dalis la Caribeña, Estrellita, Luna Mágica vs La Comandante, Princesa Sugheit, Tiffany
3) Hijo del Fantasma vs Tiger [lightning]
4) Ángel de Oro, Diamante Azul, Valiente vs Namajague, Shigeo Okumura, Taichi
5) La Sombra, Marco Corleone, Thunder vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys
6) Atlantis vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
That Hijo del Fantasma versus Tiger match is cursed.
Tanahashi was announced to be in CMLL until 09/08. It’s possible they could just reschedule his match versus Atlantis for that date if it’s not the day he’s expected to leave. If it doesn’t happen on 09/08, then it’s unlikely it will ever occur; Tanahashi may not be returning to Mexico any time soon, it’s unlikely to take place in NJPW and there’s no telling where Atlantis’ career will be headed after 09/13.
Terra’s weekly broadcast will be of tomorrow’s Friday night show instead. It’s unknown what CMLL will do with the the 52MX show (which uses the Terra Sunday broadcast.) If anyone’s looking for an idea, I would remind them that the Arena Coliseo Anniversary show never aired in the US and it’d be a nice thing to repeat.
AAA TV (THU) 09/05/2013Gimnasio Agustín Millán
1) Dinastía & Máscarita Divina vs Mini Abismo Negro & Mini Charly Manson
2) Alebrije & Flamita vs Carta Brava Jr. & Gran Apache
3) Aerostar & Drago vs Cuervo & Escoria and Eterno & Steve Pain
4) Angélico, Argenis, Jack Evans vs Machine Rocker, Pentagón Jr., Soul Rocker
5) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Silver King, Texano Jr.
6) Cibernético, El Mesías, La Parka vs Chessman, Ozz, Parka Negra
Air Date: let’s say 09/14 and 09/21.
Maximum occupancy for this TV taping is two (2) Infernal Rockers.
Opening all four matches look good. It’s getting those guys a couple matches harder that’s the tough part. (Or, making yourself the new top rudos does not involve matches with Eterno & Steve Pain – unless you broke Super Nova’s knee!)
AAA keeps pushing the Parka/Parka Negra button hard during this cycle. Maybe they’ll be in a trios? A lot of these people will be in Copa Pena (which is a good way of holding off feuds for about four months.)
Semifinal suggests Psycho Clown may not get that pin over Texano Jr. this upcoming Friday, but they’re going to keep giving him shots to get it done. I haven’t seen a Alvardo get such a helpful/slightly unfair break since the time CMLL announced the 80th Anniversary lineup.
Meanwhile, Mini Abismo Negro actually got the pinfall win and has to face Dinastia again. (We win that one.)
CMLL (TUE) 08/27/2013Arena Mexico [Estrellas del Ring]
1) Oro Jr. & Robin b Herodes Jr. & Inquisidor
2) Artillero, Nitro, Súper Comando b Soberano Jr., Stigma, Súper Halcón Jr.
3) Pegasso, Starman, Tritón b Cancerbero, Raziel, Taichi Cadetes del Espacio fall to 0-3.
4) Rey Cometa b Shigeo Okumura [lightning] Rey Cometa won via 450 splash.
5) Hiroshi Tanahashi, Namajague, Rey Escorpión b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Super Porky No injury noted for Namajague. Rudos took 1/3.
6) Atlantis, La Máscara, Thunder b Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero Atlantis pulled UG’s mask and got away with a pin.
The Cadetes del Espacio debut losing streak is only a storyline in my head, but it’s quite a storyline up tehre.
CMLL (TUE) 08/27/2013Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Espectrum & Maléfico b Black Metal & Leo Rudos took 2/3.
2) Diamante, Fuego, Magnus b Arkángel de la Muerte, Hooligan, Skándalo Tecnicos took 2/3, Magnus getting the win for his team.
3) Marcela b Amapola [CMLL WOMEN] Marcela is champion and took falls 2/3 to keep the title. Seventh defense.
4) Ángel de Oro, Blue Panther, Titán b Dragón Rojo Jr., Misterioso Jr., Pólvora tecnicos took 1/3, Angel de Oro versus Polvora. Oro wants a title match.
5) Negro Casas, Terrible, Volador Jr. b Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush Rudos took 1/3, Volador beating Marco.
Angel de Oro versus Polvora would be an neat match to compare with Polvora versus others, buy only the people in Guadalajara will get to see it. Maybe they’ll let us know how it goes!
IWRG FILL (TUE) 08/27/2013Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), IWRG]
1) Mercenario De La Muerte, Payaso De Plata, Payaso Extreme b Black Niko, Ultimo Caballero, Voltar
2) Atomic Star & El Ídolo DQ Alas de Acero & Electro Boy no reason for DQ mentioned
3) Blue Monster, Divino Montana, Látigo b Aliado De Dios, Fenomenoide, Zurdo Fenomenoide replaced Príncipe Azteca
4) Kiuby, Rey Espacial, Super Cash b Fulgore II, Mr. Leo, Power Bull Konkreto Gym (Team Kiuby) vs FILL. Team FILL took falls 1/3.
5) Dagora, Dragón Celestial, Emperador Azteca, Fulgor I, Matrix Jr., Picudo Jr., Seiya, Sky Ángel b Andy Boy, Ciclon Black, Guerrero Mixtico, Haziel, Karate Kid, Orion, Pequeno Gronda XXX, Skrull Metal [Copa Higher Power] FILL vs Gym Tony Rivera. Guerrero Mixtico (with a new look since losing his mask) and Ciclón Black replaced Soldado de la Muerte & Star Boy Jr. Tony Rivera was here with his team (missing IWL) while Black Terry was with the FILL team. Karate Kid & Sky Angel were first out. Tony cheated to help Ciclon beat Dragon for the win.
IWL (TUE) 08/27/2013Arena Aficion [Estrellas del Ring] 1) Chamuel b Guapito, Gallito Feliz 2) As Jr., Centinela, Coco Amarillo Jr., Gato Salvaje b Babel, Corcel Infernal, Mascara de Muerte, Monsther II Coco Amarilla Jr. & Monster II were added to the match. Mascara de Muerte replaced Medics I 3) Perico b Arkanos and Shadow and Metaleon and Fly Metalik and Fly Warrior and Fly Star and Quimico Jr. and Peligro and Ninja de Fuego and Arseus and Kid Jaguar and Medics III [IWL INTERNET, TLC] Perico kept his title, pulling off a moonsault off the upper level during the match. Arseus replaced Loco Max. 4) ATM, ATM Gold, ATM Super b Infierno Kid, Ojo Diabolico, Sepulturero I and Aeroboy, Demente Extreme, Hormiga 5) Carta Brava Jr. (IWL) b Astro Latino and Pantera I and Freelance and Mike Segura [IWL JUNIOR] Astro Latino was champion. Carta was not scheduled for the match, may have not actually been in the match, but pinned Astro Latino and won the title anyway. 6) Loco Max, Súper Pinocho, Súper Ratón b Carta Brava Jr. I, Cerebro Negro, Fantasma de la Ópera and Ángel o Demonio, León Rojo, Obett Loco Max replaced Tony Rivera. Fantasma fouled Raton, Pinocho fouled Fantasma and beat him. 7) Dr. Wagner Jr., Huracan Ramirez, Súper Muñeco DQ Canek, Super Crazy, Zumbido Canek stole Wagner’s mask and beat him, only to get caught with the mask after the fact and DQed. Canek threw Wagner’s mask into the crowd, and Hijo del Wagner came out to help his dad. Mask vs mask challenges followed.
WWE will return to Mexico this October with four live shows (none taped for TV.) They’ll be in Queretaro on the 16th (a Wednesday), Guadalajara on the 17th, Mexico City on the 18th, and finish in Monterrey on the 19th. Alberto del Rio will be in Mexico City on Thursday for the official announcement. Del Rio himself had actually mentioned WWE would be returning to Mexico in October a while ago, but it’s taken longer than usual for WWE to announce it. WWE has other live events announced in the US for that week, and includes Alberto on some of the cards, so they may have not worked out who’s going where quite yet. WWE is running live events in the United Arab Emerites the week prior, so it’s an extra long stretch of travel for some of the wrestlers. The Mexico City show will be in Arena Ciudad de Mexico and be heads up with the usual Friday Arena Mexico show.
Rey Misterio Jr. has recently said he’d be back soon, and would be a natural fit for this tour. I would presume Sin Cara is still going to be around that long.
SuperLuchas points out a Tijuana newspaper interview Damian 666, who says he was not paid by local promoter MV Promociones after working a show in June. Damian says other people haven’t been paid, and a check from the group to him bounced last year (he was paid six months later that time.) Damian is also critical of the promotion for not actually shaving Oficial AK-47 after he lost his hair match, doing the ‘the electric razor won’t work’ bit. That interview was from July. Oficial AK-47 sent a statement to the paper in August, saying he had gotten his hair cut backstage and been paid fully by the promotion, and Damian and others shouldn’t use his name to try and get money from the promoter.
The latest Dr. Lucha podcast is free for all. He explains the CMLL thinking about the Anniversary main event was to go out of the way to include the young guys so they’re building to the future as much instead of just ending a feud, and the feuds may cross over after the Anniversary (so Dos Leyendas would end up being Young Guy vs Old Guy instead of the current feuds.) He’s got a surprising pick for the result of the Anniversary show, but you’ll have to listen to find out.
A 330 page book on lucha libre is available for free here. It’s a journal called Luna Cornea, a series on photography, and this issue was on lucha libre. The photos are worth flipping thru even if you don’t want to read the articles (in Spanish, but repeated in English near the end of the book.) It’s also NSFW on a couple of pages.
Fenix (video promo here) says he’s going after the GHC Junior Heavyweight championship. Title match hasn’t been announced yet, so he’ll need to pick up a couple early wins.
IWRG (SUN) 09/01/2013Arena Naucalpan
1) Emperador Azteca & Sky Ángel vs Dragón Celestial & Fulgore II
2) Cristal & Lady Puma vs Hija de Karonte & Lady Sensación
3) Ángel Dorado, Ángel Dorado Jr., Hijo del Ángel Dorado vs Imposible, Picudo Jr., Zafiro
4) Alan Extreme, Bobby Lee Jr., Carta Brava Jr., Centvrión, Dinamic Black, Dr. Cerebro, Golden Magic, Hijo de Pirata Morgan vs Chucho el Roto, Iron Love, Psicópata, Rey Krimen, Sádico, Sepulturero I, Terry 2000, Yakuza [Copa High Power] IWRG vs AULL
5) Eterno & X-Fly vs Trauma I & Trauma II [IWRG IC TAG] X-Fly & Eterno are champions. First defense.
I seem to recall Negro Navarro & Trauma I winning a #1 contender match for those tag team titles. I guess it’s possible Negro is letting his son take his spot, but that doesn’t sound like Negro Navarro.
IWRG has a war on 2 fronts – the cibernetico is dangerous enough, but the creeping Monterrey invasion continues in the segunda.
CMLL (MON) 09/02/2013Arena Puebla
1) Meyer & Robin vs Ares & Camorra
2) Dalis la Caribeña, Goya Kong, Luna Mágica vs Amapola, Princesa Sugheit, Tiffany
3) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stigma vs Boby Zavala, Puma, Tiger
4) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente vs Euforia, Negro Casas, Volador Jr.
5) Rush vs Mr. Niebla
Niebla in clown mode, annoying Rush until Rush finally snaps could be a good match. Mr. Niebla deciding he’s going to slap some sense into Rush and refusing to back down at all could be a great match.