taped 2013-06-21 @ Arena Mexico
IWRG (THU) 07/25/2013 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), IWRG]
1) Seiya b Fulgore II
2) Alan Extreme, Diosa Maya, Fulgor I b Astro Rey Jr., Cristal, Freelance
Straight falls, with Fulgor (replacing Saruman) challenging Astro Rey to a title match
3) Bugambilia, Diva Salvaje, Miss Gaviota b Centvrión, Chico Che, Golden Magic
Gaviota beat Centviron and Buga on Golden.
4) Emo Extreme, Heddi Karaoui, Oficial 911 b Dinamic Black, Dr. Cerebro, Veneno
Straight fall. 911 wants another shot at Dinamic Black’s titles and/or mask.
5) Eterno, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Súper Nova b Toscano, Trauma I, Trauma II
Super Nova snuck in a foul on Trauma II. Challenges followed.
Familia de Tijuana are invincible of late. If Super Nova was el Angel, I’d think they were setting up a mask match here.
Astro Rey would be the saddest man ever to lose his title.
Tonight’s CMLL main event is comprised of two former apuesta matches and one teased apuesta match. Rush, Sombra and Maximo face Terrible, Volador and the returning Taichi. (CMLL Gaceta should probably get a more recent photo.) AAA returns to Mexico City with a show in Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera, and CMLL’s expected to have something a little extra as part of Friday night’s card. There’s a few possibilities from those main event feuds, and some of the other matches on the card. The En Busca de un Idolo tournament returns for one last match, including all the participants and the coaches, and that might also set up something with the winner Vangelis. It does not appear this match will air on Terra; the usual Sunday show is the next lucha event listed.
Our friends over at Genickbruch have realized Arena Coliseo Guadalajara doesn’t really have as many ‘new’ luchadors as it seems. Jocker/Joker is the unmasked In Memoriam and, likewise, Tony Escobedo is the unmasked Azteca de Oro (who gave his name as Antonio Escobedo.)
- A show in Puebla this weekend has CMLL’s Virus & Pegasso in the same match as AAA’s Lucky Boy & Rey Celestial.
- AAA has the second part of their YouTube interview with Jack Evans.
- Will next week’s RCH show be the last time Villano IV fights with a mask? (No. Not even if he loses.)
- Hijo de Climax discusses “la tecnica de la no resistencia.”
- Violento Jack will participate in Freedoms (Japan)’s death match tournament in August.
- There will be an Expo Mascaras next weekend.
- Rompe Huesos has the first part of a look at Atlantis’ mask wins.
- Dr. Morales thinks AAA should try regular shows in Mexico City.
- Excelsior has a bio of Macho (I). He had an interesting career, but I want to hear more about Macho II – this article says he was a luchador/secret agent who died in the line of duty.