Shows Watched But Nothing Made The List
AAA TripleManaia: 2013-06-16
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2013-06-15
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2013-06-15
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2013-06-15
CMLL on Televisa: 2013-06-15
CMLL (TUE) 07/16/2013Arena Mexico [CMLL]
1) Camaleón & Génesis b Akuma & Camorra
2) Guerrero Negro Jr., Hijo del Signo, Nosferatu b Hombre Bala Jr., Molotov, Súper Halcón Jr. Rudos took 2/3.
3) Bushiroad b Hooligan [lightning] Bushiroad survived the Hooligan Crash and used a front cracker for the win in 8:57.
4) La Comandante, La Vaquerita, Zeuxis b Lluvia, Luna Mágica, Silueta Zeuxis came up short on a top rope moonsault to the outside and hit her head on the apron. She was strechered out, but said she was dizzy but still okay later. Rudas still won, taking falls 2/3.
5) Morphosis, Olímpico, Shigeo Okumura b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Máscara Dorada Okumura replaced Namajague, said to be out with an injury. Olimpico submitted Dorada with a cristo negro.
6) Máximo, Rush, Thunder b Kráneo, Mr. Niebla, Psicosis Niebla/Thunder feud is not mentioned in the recap, may have been dropped.
Olimpico replacing Namajague in the Mascara Dorada feud would be very disappointing. Would be neat if Fox could air a nine minute Bushiroad vs Hooligan match instead of repeats of matches from other shows, but they appear
CMLL (TUE) 07/16/2013Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Metatrón & Smaker b Espectrum & Évola Tecnicos took 2/3.
2) Bárbaro Cavernario, Cancerbero, Raziel b Black Metal, Esfinge, Magnus Rudos took 1/3.
3) Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión b Fuego, Stuka Jr., Tritón Rudos took 1/3, then took the tecnico’s masks after the match. Stuka challenged Escorpion to a title match, which Escorpion ignored.
4) Atlantis, Blue Panther, Shocker b Euforia, Rey Bucanero, Tiger Euforia replaced Negro Casas. Tecnicos took 1/3.
5) Volador Jr. b Mistico Volador took 1/3. Euforia was Mistico’s second and pulled Mistico’s mask from the outside, with Volador rolling up for the win.
Volador loses to Super Porky on Sunday, beats Mistico on Tuesday. Makes a lot of sense,
Porra Fresa is understandably thrilled with the outcome of the Arena Puebla cage match. There’s (far away) video of the finish here. Espiritu challenged Stigma to a mask vs mask match. They say the attendance was more than 3,000; the most recent capacity I have for the arena is 2,800, but he mentions some people standing for the whole show.
CMLL (MON) 07/22/2013Arena Puebla
1) Asturiano & Black Tiger vs Cholo & Guerrero Negro Jr.
2) Dalis la Caribeña, Dark Angel, Estrellita vs La Vaquerita, Princesa Blanca, Zeuxis
3) Diamante, Fuego, Sagrado vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Raziel, Skándalo
4) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stigma vs Espíritu Maligno, Puma, Tiger
5) La Máscara, Rush, Thunder vs Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Volador Jr.
6) Diamante Azul vs Último Guerrero [NWA LH] first defense for Azul
I really need to make the Ultimo Guerrero bingo card before that main event airs.
Stigma & Espiritu Maligno are moved way up after the cage match and appear to be linked together. That match could be a lot of fun.
The impression I have from Dark Angel’s Twitter account is she’s gone back home for a break at the moment and is heading to Japan next, not back to Mexico, so it’s surprising to see her listed. This is from the commission, maybe there will be a change when CMLL posts it.
CMLL (TUE) 07/23/2013Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Metatrón & Sky Kid vs Demonio Maya & Sádico
2) Esfinge, Gallo, Soberano Jr. vs Hijo del Signo, Maléfico, Ráfaga
3) Lluvia, Luna Mágica, Marcela vs Amapola, La Comandante, Princesa Sugheit
4) Diamante Azul, Sagrado, Stuka Jr. vs Ephesto, Misterioso Jr., Vangellys
5) La Sombra, Máximo, Rush vs Euforia, Mr. Águila, Último Guerrero
Sombra returns. So does Vangellys! It’s going to be funny for a while every time first place Vangellys and last place Misterioso team.
TxT (SAT) 07/27/2013Gimnasio Juan De La Barrera
1) Centvrión vs Imposible
2) El Hijo del Medico Asesino vs Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr.
3) Rossy Moreno vs Esther Moreno, Lady Apache
4) Brian Cage, Heddi Karaoui, Oliver John, Zumbi vs Angel Blanco Jr., Blue Demon Jr., El Hijo del Solitario, Rayman
5) Cien Caras Jr., Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000 vs Canek, LA Park, Rayo de Jalisco Jr.
Rayo vs the Dinimitias, again and again. Semimain is Mexico versus the World, with Californian Brian Cage in as a La Migra member. Centvrion vs Imposible should be fun!
Santo also said a three way mask match between himself, LA Park and Dr. Wagner will happen on 09/01 if everything goes as planned. Things already aren’t going as planned, because that’s not the date that was originally announced for that show. Neither LA Park nor Dr. Wagner were at the press conference. It’s almost certainly not going to actually happen as announced; I wouldn’t bury it down here if I believed it at all.
CMLL announced Infierno en el Ring, a 10 man cage match, for this upcoming Friday. Shocker, Rush, Máximo, Blue Panther, Super Porky, Negro Casas, Averno, Mr. Águila, Rey Escorpión, and Rey Bucanero will be in the cage. Averno versus Blue Panther and (especially) Rush versus Negro Casas have come off as the strongest feuds, so neither is likely to actually end in the cage match. CMLL major shows have tended to have two important matches this year, but the cage match is the sole built up match on this show.
Local Puebla luchador Espiritu Maligno surprisingly took Leon’s hair in Arena Puebla’s (second) 60th Anniversary show. The cage match main event sold out the arena this past Monday.
Vangelis won the second edition of En Busca de Un Idolo, defeating Valiente in the final of the two month long tournament. It’s by far the biggest win of Vangelis’ CMLL career. The winner got a title shot last year, but no particular prize was announced this year. CMLL has followed up on Vangelis win by leaving him off the shows the next week.
Jushin Liger & Hiroshi Tanahashi beat Terrible & Tama Tonga to win the CMLL tag team titles on a NJPW shows. The belts had pretty much been on ice this year, and the title switch is mostly just an excuse to bring Liger & Tanahashi back to Mexico for the Universal tournament in September.
AAA held two tapings, which were low on news but good on midcard match quality. Canek made a surprise appearance on the tecnico side, after Psycho Clown made a challenge for Texano’s AAA Mega championship, which was turned down. Cibernetico, who had been wearing a mask since TripleMania, unmasked himself to reveal a good amount of hair had grown back before a tag match against Perro Aguayo. Crazy Boy & Joe Lider invited a trio of early match luchadors (Atomic Boy, new Alebrije and new Cuije) into their Mexican Powers group. Billy el Malo, still out hurt, teased a feud between Fenix and a Billy’s new mystery protege.
Hijo del Santo announced he’d be out until the middle of the August due to LA Park’s martinete. Santo (or his wife running his social media accounts) has kept himself busy by loudly complaining about AAA running an upcoming TV taping at Gimansio Juan de la Barrera, the same building TxT uses to run their shows.
CMLL also announced a Blue Panther anniversary show for August 16th and Marco Corleone’s return for sometime that month.
WWL held it’s second show in Arena Coliseo Monterrey, filling most of the building. Bobby Lashley vs Monster Pain was the main event, but it’s likely a rare appearance here by Mil Mascaras and AAA luchadors.The best matches were said to be the opening three matches with local luchadors.
DTU ran a four day stretch of shows with the American Wolves as guests. The shows were taped for TVC Deportes, though there’s no known air date.
Black Metal won the Occidente (Guadalajara) Middleweight championships from Barbaro Cavernario. This could be a setup for Barbaro to move to Mexico City, after strong reviews in a recent tryout.
Averno kept the Mexican Welterweight championship over Titan, after Titan crashed and burned on a dive. Ola Amarilla defeated Delta & Guerrero Maya to retain the Arena Coliseo Tag Team Championship (which confirms Namajague is sticking around for a while longer.) Super Nova kept the old version of the NWA Light Heavyweight Championship in IWRG over Dinamic Black with a fair bit of help.
Konnan Big lost his hair to TV host Ernesto Chavana