The CMLL press event had the expected amount of news. CMLL Gaceta has the only wrap up I’ve seen, though a lot was mentioned back on Twitter
- Infierno en el Ring was officially announced for 07/19. That’s a week later than earlier speculation. The ten men in the cage match are the ten men you’d expect: Shocker, Rush, Máximo, Blue Panther, Super Porky, Negro Casas, Averno, Mr. Águila, Rey Escorpión, Rey Bucanero. Averno and Blue Panther were the last to sign (among the people who actually showed up, no Brazo de Plata), both challenging each to another apuesta match should they survive this one. That match would be a one fall submission match with
no ropesno ropes break, and is unlikely to actually happen no matter what goes on here. Mr.
- A 35th Blue Panther Anniversary show will be held on 08/16. The main event is Blue Panther, Atlantis and Negro Casas vs Solar, Negro Navarro and Black Terry. That should be outstanding.
- Marco Corleone announced his knee injury was not as severe as previously reported, and he’ll be back in August. That’s way ahead of the initial schedule. He also said that any enemy of Rush is an enemy of himself and Maximo.
- More En Busca de un Idolo shuffling. Shocker and Rush argued about who was running the tecnico team. Mr. Niebla takes over for Terrible with the rudos (just Vangelis.) Like last year, all the participants will come back for a cibernetico after the tournament, on 07/26. There was no mention of any prize for the winner.
- Taichi starts on 07/26, and the CMLL travels to Japan (REINA, NJPW) were mentioned.
Ray Mendoza Jr. also held a press conference for his show on the 20th. Not much news on that one. There’s CMLL luchadors all over the lineup, but they none appeared at the press conference. Hijo de Pirata Morgan challenged V5 to a hair vs hair match, and V5 said no.
In his weekly Record column, El Hijo del Santo explains he was hurt so much by LA Park’s martinete, he had surgery – to his intestines, because of the pressure the move put on his abdominal region. Riiiiight. This sounds like Santo previously had surgery scheduled and decided to weave into this match. He’ll be out for 45 days.
AAA sent out an interview with Nino Hamburguesa talking about Sunday’s match in Ecatepec as his TV debut match. It’s not his TV debut match; he wrestled in the opener of the March 3rd San Luis Potosi Sin Limite taping, which eventually aired on Fusion. This Sunday’s match in Ecatepec is also an opener and may also end up on Fusion or not aired at all.
NJPW’s Kizuna Road iPPV is tomorrow morning. It’s starting at 4:30 am Central Time, with the CMLL Tag Team Title match taking place around 6am. I think I’m watching this live.
This week’s Tercera Caida was filmed before a live audience in Arena Queretaro, with the American Wolves and promotes Carlos Maynes. DTU’s 4 show weekend tour starts tonight in that building and will eventually air on TVC Deportes.
Mascara Dorada & Sagrado beat Mr. Aguila & Mephisto in Cuautlancingo, Puebla on a show sponsored by local political candidates.
Bill has highlights of 07/19/12 IWRG.