taped 2013-06-28 @ Arena Mexico
CMLL (MON) 07/29/2013 Arena Puebla [@terceracaida, CMLL Gaceta, Comunicate Digital, Porra Fresa]
1) Akuma & Artillero b Black Tiger & Milenium
Akuma replaced Super Comando.
2) Goya Kong, Luna Mágica, Marcela DQ Amapola, La Vaquerita, Tiffany
Amapola was DQed for excessive violence on Marcela.
3) Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus b Arkángel de la Muerte, Hooligan, Skándalo
Virus got the win for the Cancerberos.
4) Kráneo, Morphosis, Psicosis b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Cometa
5) Stigma b Espíritu Maligno [mask]
Espiritu submitted Stigma in the first. Stigma and Espiritu had issues with Tirantes thru the match. Espiritu caused Stigma to run into Tirantes in the second, thought Tirantes was hurt, fouled Stigma, and put him back in the submission again. Tirantes was not bumped, and signaled the fall was over – but DQed Espiritu. Stigma won the third fall clean with a huracarana. Espiritu was unmasked as Alejandro Pérez Pérez, 36 years old, 23 years a luchador. Fans were split during the match and more negative after it.
6) Averno, Mephisto, Negro Casas b Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente
Averno pulled Mistico’s mask and pinned him for the win. This sets up a singles match next week.
CMLL (TUE) 07/30/2013 Arena Mexico
1) Sensei & Soberano Jr. b Herodes Jr. & Zayco
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Pegasso, Súper Halcón Jr. b Disturbio, Hijo del Signo, Nosferatu
Tecnicos took 2/3.
3) Marcela b Princesa Blanca [lightning]
Marcela won with a Michinoku Driver with 8:16.
4) Eléctrico b Bam Bam, Shockercito, Pequeño Halcón, Pequeño Violencia, Mercurio [cibernetico, semifinal, MEX LIGHT]
Seeding battle left the sides of Mercurio, Pequeno Violencia, Pequeno Halcon vs Electrico, Bam Bam, Shockercito. Order of elimination: Pequeno Halcon (unspecified injury), Shockercito, Mercurio, Bam Bam and Pequeno Violencia, leaving Electrico as the winner.
5) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja DQ Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Straight falls. Revolucinarios walked off with all the Guerrero’s masks.
6) Mr. Niebla, Vangellys, Volador Jr. b Ángel de Oro, Máscara Dorada, Mistico
They announced after the main event that Vangellys will get a shot at Diamante Azul for winning En Busca de un Idolo. They did not announce the winner getting a title shot during this tournament, which probably would’ve been a help.
CMLL (TUE) 07/30/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Arkángel de la Muerte, Sádico, Skándalo b Black Metal, Esfinge, Sky Kid
Rudos took 2/3, Skandalo beating Black Metal.
2) La Máscara, Máximo, Super Porky b Felino, Puma, Tiger [semifinal]
3) Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto b Gallo, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stuka Jr. [semifinal]
4) Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto b La Máscara, Máximo, Super Porky [final]
Mephisto snuck in foul on La Mascara, Averno pinned La Mascara for the win. Challenges for a rematch next week.
5) Atlantis b Último Guerrero
Sombra was original scheduled, pulled due to injury. Atlantis took 1/3, with an Atlantida.
IWL (TUE) 07/30/2013 Arena Aficion [Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), R de Rudo]
1) Córcel Infernal, Dr. Máscara , Halcón 2000 b Aspid, Babel, Caifán Jr.
2) Centinela, Ice Killer, Monsther, Muerte Negra b Arkanos, Coco Loco, Kid Jaguar, Quimico Jr.
3) Lolita, Máscarita Divina, Payaso Terror, Shadow b Mini Psicosis, Peligro, Periko, Sexy Lady
4) Infierno Kid, Ojo Diabólico Jr., Sepulturero I, Último Vampiro DRAW Aeroboy, Hormiga, Paranoiko, Super Mega
Extreme match. No mention of how they got a draw.
5) Argenis, Drago (AAA), Fenix (AAA) b Freelance, Pantera I, Suicida
Drago & Fenix looked good as a team.
6) Loco Max, Tony Rivera, Zumbido b Carta Brava Jr. I, Cerebro Negro, Fantasma de la Ópera and Black Terry, Dinamic Black, Dr. Cerebro
Guapos VIP beat Secta Negra and team IWRG
7) Ángel o Demonio, León Rojo, Obett b Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown [IWL TRIOS]
Unlcear if this was a title match. Angel o Demonio beat Murder Clown
Only 49 luchadors!
AAA has moved it’s Twitter address to @luchalibreaaa. Much easier. If I recall right, that name was registered by LLUSA/Steven Shipp, but hadn’t been used the very short lived AAA Best of PPVs in the US and it was kind of amazing to remember Twitter is that old.
El Hijo del Santo hopes to break the world record for most people at a wrestling show for his proposed 09/21 free show with a mask match between LA Park, Dr. Wagner Jr. and Hijo del Santo. He figures they can fit 100,000 in the square, and put up screens around the city so people elsewhere can watch it and count up to 150,000. I’m not sure how people watching on screens count. Also, if Santo or someone did about five minutes of Google-ing, they’d find out the biggest crowd to attend a wrestling show is the 190,000 people who attended a show in North Korea.
Charles Lucero defeated Rey Hechicero in Arena Coliseo Monterrey, setting a rematch for Hechicero’s title next week. Match was said to be good.
Joe Lider notes the last time AAA were in Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera, he and Nicho lost the tag team titles and hopes to fix that this time around
Golden Magic hypes RCH’s show next Thursday.
Super Crazy is headed to England in August.
REINA listed a “Lady Storm” on it’s upcoming cards, and confirmed today that Lady Storm is actually Chika Tormenta, making her debut in Japan. They also posted a video promo with Vaquerita and Zeuxis.
CMLL (TUE) 08/06/2013 Arena Mexico
1) Molotov & Sensei vs Cholo & Ramstein
2) Pegasso, Starman, Tritón vs Namajague, Puma, Shigeo Okumura
3) Fantasy vs Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Warrior, Último Dragoncito, Pequeño Universo 2000, Aéreo [MEX LIGHT, semifinal]
winner faces Electrico for vacant title
4) Máscara Dorada, Super Porky, Thunder vs Euforia, Felino, Pierroth
5) Diamante Azul vs Vangellys [NWA LH]
Diamante Azul is champion. Second defense.
6) Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Space Cadets have their exciting second match (and second loss, by the looks of it.) Safe assumption is Starman was hurt, but I prefer to believe he was off having exciting space adventures.
Acero & Astral are unaccounted for in this tournament. Injuries? This is not a great selection of rudos to face Electrico next week. I’d rather see the tecnico vs tecnico match with Dragoncito and would prefer Nitro over Warrior.
In other unlikely things, I’d rather see Euforia & Mascara Dorada added to the opener than be in the match they’re currently in.
Vangellys has worked well with smaller tecnicos. He’s working with Diamante Azul now. It’s going to be happen to be a very different match to be a good one.
Guerreros vs Revolucinarios is heating up again.
CMLL (TUE) 08/06/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) León Blanco & Smaker vs Exterminador & Ráfaga
2) Black Metal & Leo vs Artillero & Súper Comando
3) Dalis la Caribeña, Estrellita, Goya Kong vs Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sugheit, Tiffany
4) Ángel de Oro, Shocker, Valiente vs Rey Bucanero, Taichi, Terrible
5) La Máscara, Máximo, Rush vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
New TRT? Probably not.
- Mr. Aguila lost his hair to Shocker in CMLL’s Infierno en el Ring. The 10 man cage match drew well. The match itself was disappointing, mostly due to Aguila appearing in no condition to perform. He spent most of the match hanging out in a corner, then was quickly beat.
- Sombra suffered what looked to be a significant ankle injury Sunday in Arena Coliseo, when Taichi didn’t get low enough on a leapfrog and knocked Sombra into a bad landing. CMLL announced Sombra would miss the next two weeks, but changed plans within hours and announced Sombra would work his scheduled match this Friday. Sombra’s been telling fans on Twitter that he’ll be fine after rehabbing the ankle this week. CMLL has been teasing a Sombra/Volador mask match for the Anniversary show, and may be finally announcing that main event next week, so Sombra is kind of needed around Friday to take part in whatever they need to set up.
- CMLL announced ticket prices for their 80th Anniversary show. They appear to be the highest prices ever charged for a CMLL show by a large margin. Ringside is $239 USD including Ticketmaster fees, the cheapest ticket is $24 USD. Ringside tickets for a normal Tuesday show are usually $13 USD, so these prices are shocking fans. Tickets do not go on sale until 08/12 and CMLL has not announced a match for the show yet.
- Faby Apache & Drago won the AAA Mixed Tag Team championship in Xalapa from Mary Apache & Halloween. Mary broke up with Halloween after the match and Halloween was let go from AAA (and Perros del Mal) soon after. The Mary Apache/Halloween relationship was a fun story the 2nd half of last year, but had mostly been ignored this year until this title change, and Halloween sounded in no condition to perform in a backstage pre-tape building it up on this past week’s TV.
- Espiritu Maligno lost his mask to fellow Puebla native Stigma this past Monday as part of Arena Puebla’s 60th Anniversary series of shows. It was the third straight sellout (or near-sellout) during these shows; mask matches involving local Puebla wrestlers seem to do well in their home arena, but the turnout was stronger than usual this year. Stigma is a teenage tecnico who’s good and has promise, though he’s also the son of the man who’s in charge of the arena and exactly the sort of nepotism luchadors complain about when it comes to CMLL’s programming.
- Sombra lost the IWGP IC Heavyweight championship back to Shinsuke Nakamura in Japan. Expected outcome and expected very good match.
- TxT’s monthly show, with no Hijo del Santo on the card due to his injury, mostly just existed to have a monthly show and set things up for down the line. Hijo del Santo now says his mask match with LA Park & Dr. Wagner will happen on 09/21, though the other two haven’t said anything. It appears Santo will first return to action in Mexico City by defending the PWR tag team titles with Blue Demon against La Migra’s Oliver John and Brian Cage in August. The main event of this show was a Dinamitas vs Rayo/Canek match designed to set up even more Dinamitas vs Rayo/Canek matches. Crowd did not seem good.
- CMLL stripped Pierrothito of the Mexican Lightweight title. It’s unclear what is going on. CMLL didn’t give a reason, Pierrothito doesn’t seem hurt and hasn’t made any indication he’s leaving, but hasn’t been around with the other members of Comandante Pierroth’s gang just the last week or so. A tournament to decide a new champion was quickly announced. Pierrothito would be a strong addition to AAA (who happens to be running in Mexico City this Friday) and was current NXT Trainee Mascarita Dorada’s most frequent and best opponent, though again we have no idea what’s actually going on.
- CMLL held a cibernetico with all the hopeful new stars and the trainers from it’s En Busca de un Idolo tournament, and all the hopeful new stars were eliminated. Trainer Negro Casas beat trainer Virus in the final. The tournament is now concluded, and will now just begin airing on an obscure cable channel.
- Villano V ran the first show of his new promotion. Building seemed less than half full, like his retirement show, but this time in a smaller building. The promotion seems to be built around Pirata Morgan’s family versus the Villanos, replacing Mil Mascaras & Rayo de Jalisco.
- Dinamic Black is the most successful IWRG tecnico of the moment, defeating Decnnis to keep his Rey del Ring title, then surviving Oficial 911 to retain the WWS Welterweight Championship
- Brothers Tony & Martin Escobedo (Los Hippies) took Acertijo & Jocker (Riddler & Joker)’s hair in Guadalajara, while Babraro won back the local middleweight title.
- Olimpico is back in a mask in Guadalajara as tecnico Super Popular. Olimpico’s admitting to the dual roles and thinks that makes it fine. The Super Popular mask is essentially an updated Olimpico mask.
- IWRG is pushing a Traumas vs Eterno/Super Nova rivalry. Those four are among ten in a cage match this upcoming Thursday.
- Horuz, who’s been wrestling in CMLL, jumped to Santo’s TxT and will wrestle on the independents. He cited the lack of opportunity to move up in CMLL and favoritism to certain families as reasons he wanted to leave.
- Diamante Azul defeated Ultimo Guerrero to keep the NWA Light Heavyweight Championship, and may defend the title against Vangelis soon.
Stigma defeated Espiritu Maligno in Arena Puebla last night. That match was really well covered last night on Twitter, but I can’t find a single newspaper article with full results today. (They’re out there, they’re just not on the internet.)
Stigma and Espiritu had issues with Tirantes thru the match. Espiritu submitted Stigma in the first. Espiritu caused Stigma to run into Tirantes in the second, thought Tirantes was hurt, fouled Stigma, and put him back in the submission again. Tirantes was not bumped, and signaled the fall was over – but DQed Espiritu. Stigma won the third fall clean with a huracarana. Espiritu was unmasked as Alejandro Pérez Pérez, 36 years old, 23 years a luchador.
Post match photos are here. There’s six and half minutes of video of the match (and also the post match) up already, which is pretty neat. Match seems good and building was either sold out or close to it by the time of the mask match.
Arena Puebla locals who lose their mask tend to do it as a retirement match, but Espiritu is about a decade or so younger than those who usually lose, so I’m not so certain it’s the end for him. It is a memorable three weeks.
La Sombra has gone from being out three weeks, to being out two weeks, to being out for just a few days and returning on Friday. There’s three things that could be going down here
- The ankle wasn’t as bad as they first thought and he doesn’t need to sit out as long.
- The ankle is still screwed up, but he’s working thru it for no reason because he’s young and luchadors are crazy
- The ankle is still screwed up, but he’s working thru it for a reason – CMLL has something planned from Friday with him (and probably Volador) and can’t push it off.
We really shouldn’t discount the first two possibilities, but the signals seem to point to the third one, which would also means there are big time sensitive plans for Volador vs Sombra. It’s possible they’re heading to a relevos suicidas with Atlantis, Ultimo Guerrero, Volador and Sombra, or something else along those lines.
I’m far from sure this is the actual outcome, but Sombra/Volador is the only other thing they’ve started to push towards the anniversary show. Blue Panther vs Averno still continues, but is not treated as a big match. Negro Casas vs Rush (vs Shocker) has been ignored since Infierno en el Ring. There’s still time, but if they’re setting up a second big feud for the show, and the prices indicate they need to, it’s just Sombra and Volador being very definite about wanting a mask match.
Something other than Atlantis versus Ultimo Guerrero as the anniversary match will get a negative reaction from the fans. They’ve been very direct about that match all year, specifically and with no one else, as the match we’re supposed to want to see. CMLL’s also allowed Atlantis and Ultimo Guerrero do interviews where they definitely say they only want to face each other and want no one else in the match. Same really for Volador & Sombra – the people who would be in a four way are pushing about how a four way is a bad outcome. (This hasn’t exactly stopped CMLL from doing those matches in the past.) It’s also too late to be crossing over the feuds. Sombra vs Ultimo Guerrero or Atlantis vs Volador could’ve been better for long term plans if they started them in March, but either of those outcomes now would be seen as a disappointment.
It still would be four big names and someone important losing their mask on the Anniversary show. A four way or relevos suicidas would cause far more online complaining than hurt ticket sales, but it will distract from the build. Not excited about the idea of two separate singles matches – either mask should be a super main event, and one would just be relegated to a semimain – but it’s the preferable outcome.
Today’s Arena Mexico show has the first part of the Mexican National Lightweight tournament. Angel de Oro has his first main event since coming back, teaming with Mascara Dorada & Mistico versus Vangelis, Volador and Mr. Niebla. I wonder if Angel de Oro would’ve been considered for the Estetas del Aire if he had been healthy at the right time.
On the De Bote en Bote lucha radio show, Olimpico acknowledged he is Guadalajara’s Super Popular. That’s super lame. It looks like he mentioned it back this weekend and then was back on today to defend the decision as not an attempt to defraud people. He’s wearing a mask modeled after a mask he lost, that’s kind of exactly what people mean when they think of as a fraud. (Also, I should just go with whatever ringo says from now own.)
Correction on Sunday’s IWRG results; Dragon Celestial was bumped to the opener, and Punker (of the Bizarros) returned from oblivion to wrestle in the segunda.
Bill has highlights of 06/23 CMLL.
- It appears CMLL is not on the United States version of Netflix, but is on the Mexico version.
- Tercera Caida turned 7 years old today.
- Cibernetico feels he owes a victory over Perro Aguayo Jr. to the Mexico City people and will deliver it Friday.
- Familia de Tijuana hype up Thursday’s RCH show at Arena Naucalpan. That’s the show with a five team/ten luchador cage match of death and it’s possible the FdT/Traumas feud might have a big outcome on a sort-of-no-IWRG show.
- Los Colisenos is critical of how CMLL’s promoted Niebla Roja and thinks the promotion would best off Announcing a main event now and letting all the other wrestlers know they can still earn a spot on the card.
- Pesadilla and Super Crazy are on the next NOAH tour. Looks like Ricky Marvin is headed home.
- There’s a benefit show this Sunday for Monterrey luchador Black Soul, who has a blood clot in his head.
- Black Metal and Barbaro Cavernario have another title match this Thursday.
- There’s a tag team tournament in Mexico City with the Traumas, Cerebros, FdT and Belial and Tornado in a couple weekends. Random CMLL main event again.
- Rush is not on Facebook, so there’s no real point to Facebook.
CMLL (SUN) 08/04/2013 Arena Coliseo
1) Camaleón & Leono vs Espanto Jr. & Ramstein
2) Sagrado, Stigma, Tritón vs Camorra, Cancerbero, Raziel
3) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Hijo del Fantasma vs Misterioso Jr., Sangre Azteca, Virus
4) Ángel de Oro vs Puma [lightning]
rematch from last week
5) La Máscara, Rush, Titán vs Taichi, Terrible, Vangellys
6) Marco Corleone, Shocker, Thunder vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
They actually booked the lightning match rematch! Hooray for small miracles. The Avernos/Estetas title match is probably still happening, but not until they go to Arena Mexico again and they seem not to feel the need to do a rematch again this week. Fantasma in Arena Coliseo = doom for Fantasma. Camorra being in the same match as Triton is weird.
CMLL (SUN) 08/04/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Ídolo & Javier Cruz vs El Yaki & Satara
2) Esfinge & Virgo vs Évola & Infierno
3) Black Metal & Gallo vs Bárbaro Cavernario & Sádico and Halcón de Plata & Leo and Demonio Rojo & Maléfico [Copa Express]
4) Diamante Azul, Máximo, Valiente vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
No tag titles, Copa instead.
CMLL (MON) 08/05/2013 Arena Puebla
1) Black Tiger & Meyer vs Centauro de Fuego & Espanto Jr.
2) Milenium & Tigre Rojo Jr. vs Inquisidor & Siki Ozama Jr.
3) Hombre Bala Jr., Pegasso, Soberano Jr. vs Espíritu Maligno, Hijo del Signo, Nosferatu
4) Marcela vs Amapola [lightning]
5) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
6) Mistico vs Averno [Copa Arena Puebla 60 Anniversario]
Revolucionarios vs Guerreros feud back here. More Puebla luchadors than have been here of late. This looks like another good show.
We had problems with the AAA on Televisa show, but we did get the entire Regional show this week. (Angelico & Jack Evans vs Chessman & Eterno did not air, and it does not sound like it’ll turn up elsewhere. No one knows why.)
Terra had a couple of feed interruptions. The internet (newer) version of SLP lucha did not recorded – feed was dead – but the older show is below (though a best of, so no idea on dates). Puebla did not air and it’s unclear when it will air again. We did get the first En Busca de un Idolo 2, but the file isn’t done and it appears to just be the episode posted online.
YouTube playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2I0JwI23A_VxfGBZkhgVhA6WK_FCGhjT
07/28 GALLI: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ntqiak
07/28 En Busca de un Idolo 2×1: http://sendspace.com/file/c9x74k
AAA on Televisa (Regional): 2013-07-21
taped 2013-07-07 @ Centro Civico Nueva Aragon, Ecatepec, Estado de Mexico
1) Alebrije, Atomic Boy, Niño Hamburguesa vs Carta Brava Jr., El Apache, Mamba
2) Drago, Fénix, Flamita vs Pentagón Jr., Steve Pain, Último Gladiador
3) Angélico, Jack Evans, La Parka vs Chessman, Eterno, Parka Negra
4) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Canek, Silver King, Texano Jr.
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2013-07-27
taped 2013-07-21 @ Arena Coliseo
Full Show: http://www.sendspace.com/file/48w558
1) Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Boby Zavala in a lightning match
2) Blue Panther, Titán, Valiente vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Felino, Mr. Niebla
3) Atlantis, Diamante Azul, Mistico vs Averno, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2013-07-27
taped 2013-07-23 @ Arena Mexico
1) Pequeño Halcón, Shockercito, Último Dragoncito vs Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Warrior
2) Dalis la Caribeña, Dark Angel, Goya Kong vs La Seductora, Princesa Blanca, Tiffany
3) Ángel de Oro, Rey Cometa, Super Porky vs Morphosis, Olímpico, Shigeo Okumura
History Capsule: Ultimo Guerrero
4) Atlantis, La Máscara, Thunder vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Pierroth
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2013-07-27
taped 2013-07-19 @ Arena Mexico
1) Atlantis, Diamante Azul, Thunder vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Pierroth
2) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente vs Euforia, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr.
CMLL on Televisa: 2013-07-27
taped 2013-07-19 @ Arena Mexico
1) La Máscara, Stuka Jr., Titán vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Niebla Roja
2) Infierno en el Ring
CMLL on Terra: 2013-07-28
taped 2013-07-28 @ Arena Coliseo
1) Bengala & Robin vs Akuma & Inquisidor
2) Metálico, Sensei, Soberano Jr. vs Camorra, Nitro, Nosferatu
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zzu9n1 – big chunk of the third fall missing.
3) Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Cometa, Tritón vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus
4) Ángel de Oro vs Puma in a lightning match
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xbo4i0 – first half of the first match missing.
5) La Sombra, Shocker, Titán vs Euforia, Niebla Roja, Taichi
6) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
AAA on Televisa (Regional): 2013-07-28
taped 2013-07-15 @ Polideportivo La Huizachera, Tehuacan, Puebla
1) Lucky Boy & Niño de Ébano vs Carta Brava Jr. & El Apache
2) Lucky Boy vs Texano Jr. for the AAA World Heavyweight Championship
http://sendspace.com/file/s4xyty – both matches (second match is really not a match)
3) Faby Apache, Octagoncito, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Mamba, Mini Abismo Negro, Taya Valkyrie
4) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Silver King, Texano Jr.
5) Cibernético & El Mesías vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo & Psicosis
Noches de Coliseo: 2013-07-28
taped 2013-07-16 @ Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Lady Maravilla, Lady Puma, Poly Star vs Dulce Kanela, Larry Miranda Jr., Pedro Navajas
taped 2013-07-21 @ Arena Coliseo Monterrey
2) Poseidón & Universo vs Gemelo Muerte I & Gemelo Muerte II
3) Memo Valles, Rudy Buitre, Veneno Extremo vs Dulce Kanela, Erika Sotelo, Larry Miranda Jr.
4) Hijo Del Centurion Negro, Rey Hechicero, Símbolo vs Black Spirit, Charles Lucero, Golden Boy
IWRG Zona XXI: 2013-07-28
taped 2013-07-28 @ Arena Naucalpan
1) Centvrión, Freelance, Golden Magic vs Punker, Höruz, Imposible – finish only
2) Extreme Tiger, Trauma I, Trauma II vs Cerebro Negro, Heddi Karaoui, Saruman
3) Dinamic Black vs Oficial 911 for the World Wrestling Stars Welterweight Championship
4) Black Terry, Pasion Kristal, Veneno vs Bugambilia, Fuerza Guerrera, Oficial AK47 [lumberjack strap]
5) Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker vs Emo Extreme, Eterno, Súper Nova
La Lucha Se Le Hace (SLP): 2013-07-20
Full Show: http://www.sendspace.com/file/d1z7v9
taped ????-??-?? @ Arena Mexico San Luis Potosi
1) Aster Boy, Unico, Bala de Plata vs Comando Infernal, Comando Star, Coronel Castro
2) El Baron, Senor Dante, Galeno vs Golpe de Dragon, Futuro 2000, Llaneros
3) Fuerza Maligno, Tiger Boy, Black Fantasy vs Sabu Jr., Vagabundo, Mascara Infernal [SLP TRIOS]
4) Alma Roja, Sombra del Misterio, Tomahawk vs Goblin, Brujo Cosmico Jr., Salome
5) El Baron, Tiger Boy, Rayo de Plata V vs Drak Conde, Mascara Infernal, Futuro 2000
taped 2012-09-02 @ Arena Mexico San Luis Potosi
6) Fuerza Maligna vs Sabu Jr. [hair]
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2013-07-06
taped 2013-06-28 @ Arena Mexico
La Sombra vs Volador Jr. [IWGP IC] – EXCELLENT
Shows Watched But Nothing Made The List
– CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2013-07-06
– CMLL on CadenaTres: 2013-07-06
– CMLL on Televisa: 2013-07-06
Matches Worth Consideration But Will Be Watched Later
I didn’t see anything on the list.
IWRG (SUN) 07/28/2013 Arena Naucalpan [AYM, Black Terry Jr. (flickr)]
2) Dragón Celestial, Höruz, Imposible DQ Centvrión, Freelance, Golden Magic
Horuz replaced Alan Extreme. Impossible faked a foul.
3) Extreme Tiger, Trauma I, Trauma II b Cerebro Negro, Heddi Karaoui, Saruman
Trauma II beat Cerebro Negro with a Canadian Destroyer. Eterno & Super Nova attacked the Traumas and Tiger after the match.
4) Dinamic Black DQ Oficial 911 [WWS WELTER]
Dinamic Black kept the title in a long match. Oficial AK47, 911’s second, snuck in a foul while Dinamic Black was about to give 911 a cradle piledriver. Referee (who was either leaning towards the rudo or incompetence) counted the pin, then was convinced by the crowd, Dinamic Black, and the commissioner to reverse the call. First defense.
5) Black Terry, Pasion Kristal, Veneno b Bugambilia, Fuerza Guerrera, Oficial AK47 [lumberjack strap]
Bugambilia clotheslined Fuerza to set up the win for the tecnicos, then allied with them after the match. Unclear why Bugamabilia was booked on the rudo side to begin with.
6) Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker DDQ Emo Extreme, Eterno, Súper Nova
Emo Extreme replaced Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. and spent the prematch interview slowly petting a doll. Super Nova fouled Machine Rocker, Machine Rocker pulled Super Nova’s mask, each ref ruled a different winner before deciding on the draw.
AYM shows 1:44 of the segunda (mostly post match), missed the finish of the title match (the picture over there), then missed the overturn of the finish of the title match. Title match was good enough to suck me in and even though I could easily work out what had happened (and the announcers did call the action, the producer just had the wrong camera), it was still highly annoying. This is far from the first time this has happened, There’s no question IWRG’s product is much worse on AYM than it was on TVCDeportes just like there’s no question TVC Deportes will show the finish on Tercera Caida this week.
IWRG is either unaware how much worse the show looks, or is getting paid enough not to care. People who run wrestling promotions, especially those in Mexico, seem to rarely watch their own TV show, so it’s probably the former.
In actual in ring lucha libre matters, they continue to push the Traumas/FdT feud very hard. I almost believe they have an end game for this, though I’m not sure when or exactly what it would be.
One way of looking at those top three results is cheap finish, cheap finish, and cheap finish. Another way of looking at them is fans were happy because their guy won, fans were happy because their guys won, and all the bad guys lost.
Tonight is the big Stimga & Espiritu Maligno mask match. This is a really big opportunity for both luchadors regardless of the outcome. Stigma’s looked like a promising tecnico, and Espiritu Maligno has been one of the better local rudos for a long time. Perhaps a great match and a good crowd will force CMLL to reconsider and use the Puebla luchadors more often and in higher profile roles. It seems increasingly unlikely we’ll see the match in full; TVC Deportes does not list the show for this first half off the week. They were more than a month behind, and will likely be skipping around if/when they return.
Horuz said a lot of the same things about politics and not getting opportunities in CMLL in an interview with Kaiser Sports. He mentions he’ll no longer be blocked from working on non-CMLL approved shows and have more opportunities to work and get paid. There’s no way any opening match luchador in CMLL, look Horuz, is making even approaching liveable amount of money. Not only do they get paid much less per match, but they get used less frequently. It only makes sense if you’re a young guy who believes you’ll have a chance to graduate to higher levels, or if you’re content just having a low paying very part time hobby. Not being restricted allows for more opportunities, though they may not always be there – I wonder Loco Max thinks about his decision to leave.
I’ve read comments over the past week that CMLL is on Netflix. I do not have a Netflix subscription to check and nothing turns up on the Netflix search indexes, so I’m not sure if it’s something for everyone or if it’s just a Latin American thing. It does not sound like new material either way. If you have Netflix and stumble upon it, let me know what it looks like.
In continuing “AAA spots shows are weird” coverage, the main even of a show in Uruapan yesterday was reported as Fenix, Drago, Toscano versus Mamba, Pentagon Jr., and Alan Stone who had Guapito with him. This is one of those shows that aren’t listed on AAA’s site. Gotita de Plata worked the semimain with other new guys, so his Fusion appearance is probably not intended to be a one-off.
The lucha show in Puebla with CMLL and AAA luchadors in the same main event ended up with the AAA guys not there and locals in their place. Virus won via foul.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
- Poseidon & Corsario de Fuego won the Xalapa tag team titles.
- Funcion Estelar previews Tuesday’s IWL show @ Arena Aficion.
- Sergio el Hermoso talks about his career and boasts about his time in Japan, saying he was called the best Mexican luchador to ever come to Japan. (He also says he was the second.)
- DTU luchadors will be wrestling on bar shows over the next week or so. The actual main event for tonight’s show are two models (?) wrestling in jello. They switch it up next Monday and wrestle in spaghetti.
- A show in Monterrey is billed as the last time Kato Kung Lee will appear in that town.
CMLL (TUE) 07/30/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Black Metal, Esfinge, Sky Kid vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Sádico, Skándalo
2) La Máscara, Máximo, Super Porky vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto and Gallo, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stuka Jr. and Felino, Puma, Tiger
3) Atlantis vs Último Guerrero
Sombra was original scheduled, pulled due to injury
Somehow I missed put this lineup the first time thru. Much smaller than usual because of the trios tournament.
Also, plenty of changes to Friday’s card – La Sombra and La Mascara are out of the main event, replaced by Rush and the returning Marco Corleone. He said he’d be back by August, and it’s August. (La Mascara being pulled is a little stranger; maybe the plan is a Rush/Volador tease to replace the Sombra/Volador one?) Rey Escorpion has also been replaced by Okumura in the tercera.