taped 2013-06-28 @ Arena Mexico
CMLL (MON) 07/29/2013 Arena Puebla [@terceracaida, CMLL Gaceta, Comunicate Digital, Porra Fresa]
1) Akuma & Artillero b Black Tiger & Milenium
Akuma replaced Super Comando.
2) Goya Kong, Luna Mágica, Marcela DQ Amapola, La Vaquerita, Tiffany
Amapola was DQed for excessive violence on Marcela.
3) Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus b Arkángel de la Muerte, Hooligan, Skándalo
Virus got the win for the Cancerberos.
4) Kráneo, Morphosis, Psicosis b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Cometa
5) Stigma b Espíritu Maligno [mask]
Espiritu submitted Stigma in the first. Stigma and Espiritu had issues with Tirantes thru the match. Espiritu caused Stigma to run into Tirantes in the second, thought Tirantes was hurt, fouled Stigma, and put him back in the submission again. Tirantes was not bumped, and signaled the fall was over – but DQed Espiritu. Stigma won the third fall clean with a huracarana. Espiritu was unmasked as Alejandro Pérez Pérez, 36 years old, 23 years a luchador. Fans were split during the match and more negative after it.
6) Averno, Mephisto, Negro Casas b Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente
Averno pulled Mistico’s mask and pinned him for the win. This sets up a singles match next week.
CMLL (TUE) 07/30/2013 Arena Mexico
1) Sensei & Soberano Jr. b Herodes Jr. & Zayco
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Pegasso, Súper Halcón Jr. b Disturbio, Hijo del Signo, Nosferatu
Tecnicos took 2/3.
3) Marcela b Princesa Blanca [lightning]
Marcela won with a Michinoku Driver with 8:16.
4) Eléctrico b Bam Bam, Shockercito, Pequeño Halcón, Pequeño Violencia, Mercurio [cibernetico, semifinal, MEX LIGHT]
Seeding battle left the sides of Mercurio, Pequeno Violencia, Pequeno Halcon vs Electrico, Bam Bam, Shockercito. Order of elimination: Pequeno Halcon (unspecified injury), Shockercito, Mercurio, Bam Bam and Pequeno Violencia, leaving Electrico as the winner.
5) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja DQ Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Straight falls. Revolucinarios walked off with all the Guerrero’s masks.
6) Mr. Niebla, Vangellys, Volador Jr. b Ángel de Oro, Máscara Dorada, Mistico
They announced after the main event that Vangellys will get a shot at Diamante Azul for winning En Busca de un Idolo. They did not announce the winner getting a title shot during this tournament, which probably would’ve been a help.
CMLL (TUE) 07/30/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Arkángel de la Muerte, Sádico, Skándalo b Black Metal, Esfinge, Sky Kid
Rudos took 2/3, Skandalo beating Black Metal.
2) La Máscara, Máximo, Super Porky b Felino, Puma, Tiger [semifinal]
3) Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto b Gallo, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stuka Jr. [semifinal]
4) Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto b La Máscara, Máximo, Super Porky [final]
Mephisto snuck in foul on La Mascara, Averno pinned La Mascara for the win. Challenges for a rematch next week.
5) Atlantis b Último Guerrero
Sombra was original scheduled, pulled due to injury. Atlantis took 1/3, with an Atlantida.
IWL (TUE) 07/30/2013 Arena Aficion [Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), R de Rudo]
1) Córcel Infernal, Dr. Máscara , Halcón 2000 b Aspid, Babel, Caifán Jr.
2) Centinela, Ice Killer, Monsther, Muerte Negra b Arkanos, Coco Loco, Kid Jaguar, Quimico Jr.
3) Lolita, Máscarita Divina, Payaso Terror, Shadow b Mini Psicosis, Peligro, Periko, Sexy Lady
4) Infierno Kid, Ojo Diabólico Jr., Sepulturero I, Último Vampiro DRAW Aeroboy, Hormiga, Paranoiko, Super Mega
Extreme match. No mention of how they got a draw.
5) Argenis, Drago (AAA), Fenix (AAA) b Freelance, Pantera I, Suicida
Drago & Fenix looked good as a team.
6) Loco Max, Tony Rivera, Zumbido b Carta Brava Jr. I, Cerebro Negro, Fantasma de la Ópera and Black Terry, Dinamic Black, Dr. Cerebro
Guapos VIP beat Secta Negra and team IWRG
7) Ángel o Demonio, León Rojo, Obett b Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown [IWL TRIOS]
Unlcear if this was a title match. Angel o Demonio beat Murder Clown
Only 49 luchadors!
AAA has moved it’s Twitter address to @luchalibreaaa. Much easier. If I recall right, that name was registered by LLUSA/Steven Shipp, but hadn’t been used the very short lived AAA Best of PPVs in the US and it was kind of amazing to remember Twitter is that old.
El Hijo del Santo hopes to break the world record for most people at a wrestling show for his proposed 09/21 free show with a mask match between LA Park, Dr. Wagner Jr. and Hijo del Santo. He figures they can fit 100,000 in the square, and put up screens around the city so people elsewhere can watch it and count up to 150,000. I’m not sure how people watching on screens count. Also, if Santo or someone did about five minutes of Google-ing, they’d find out the biggest crowd to attend a wrestling show is the 190,000 people who attended a show in North Korea.
Charles Lucero defeated Rey Hechicero in Arena Coliseo Monterrey, setting a rematch for Hechicero’s title next week. Match was said to be good.
Joe Lider notes the last time AAA were in Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera, he and Nicho lost the tag team titles and hopes to fix that this time around
Golden Magic hypes RCH’s show next Thursday.
Super Crazy is headed to England in August.
REINA listed a “Lady Storm” on it’s upcoming cards, and confirmed today that Lady Storm is actually Chika Tormenta, making her debut in Japan. They also posted a video promo with Vaquerita and Zeuxis.
CMLL (TUE) 08/06/2013 Arena Mexico
1) Molotov & Sensei vs Cholo & Ramstein
2) Pegasso, Starman, Tritón vs Namajague, Puma, Shigeo Okumura
3) Fantasy vs Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Warrior, Último Dragoncito, Pequeño Universo 2000, Aéreo [MEX LIGHT, semifinal]
winner faces Electrico for vacant title
4) Máscara Dorada, Super Porky, Thunder vs Euforia, Felino, Pierroth
5) Diamante Azul vs Vangellys [NWA LH]
Diamante Azul is champion. Second defense.
6) Gran Guerrero, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Space Cadets have their exciting second match (and second loss, by the looks of it.) Safe assumption is Starman was hurt, but I prefer to believe he was off having exciting space adventures.
Acero & Astral are unaccounted for in this tournament. Injuries? This is not a great selection of rudos to face Electrico next week. I’d rather see the tecnico vs tecnico match with Dragoncito and would prefer Nitro over Warrior.
In other unlikely things, I’d rather see Euforia & Mascara Dorada added to the opener than be in the match they’re currently in.
Vangellys has worked well with smaller tecnicos. He’s working with Diamante Azul now. It’s going to be happen to be a very different match to be a good one.
Guerreros vs Revolucinarios is heating up again.
CMLL (TUE) 08/06/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) León Blanco & Smaker vs Exterminador & Ráfaga
2) Black Metal & Leo vs Artillero & Súper Comando
3) Dalis la Caribeña, Estrellita, Goya Kong vs Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sugheit, Tiffany
4) Ángel de Oro, Shocker, Valiente vs Rey Bucanero, Taichi, Terrible
5) La Máscara, Máximo, Rush vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
New TRT? Probably not.
- Mr. Aguila lost his hair to Shocker in CMLL’s Infierno en el Ring. The 10 man cage match drew well. The match itself was disappointing, mostly due to Aguila appearing in no condition to perform. He spent most of the match hanging out in a corner, then was quickly beat.
- Sombra suffered what looked to be a significant ankle injury Sunday in Arena Coliseo, when Taichi didn’t get low enough on a leapfrog and knocked Sombra into a bad landing. CMLL announced Sombra would miss the next two weeks, but changed plans within hours and announced Sombra would work his scheduled match this Friday. Sombra’s been telling fans on Twitter that he’ll be fine after rehabbing the ankle this week. CMLL has been teasing a Sombra/Volador mask match for the Anniversary show, and may be finally announcing that main event next week, so Sombra is kind of needed around Friday to take part in whatever they need to set up.
- CMLL announced ticket prices for their 80th Anniversary show. They appear to be the highest prices ever charged for a CMLL show by a large margin. Ringside is $239 USD including Ticketmaster fees, the cheapest ticket is $24 USD. Ringside tickets for a normal Tuesday show are usually $13 USD, so these prices are shocking fans. Tickets do not go on sale until 08/12 and CMLL has not announced a match for the show yet.
- Faby Apache & Drago won the AAA Mixed Tag Team championship in Xalapa from Mary Apache & Halloween. Mary broke up with Halloween after the match and Halloween was let go from AAA (and Perros del Mal) soon after. The Mary Apache/Halloween relationship was a fun story the 2nd half of last year, but had mostly been ignored this year until this title change, and Halloween sounded in no condition to perform in a backstage pre-tape building it up on this past week’s TV.
- Espiritu Maligno lost his mask to fellow Puebla native Stigma this past Monday as part of Arena Puebla’s 60th Anniversary series of shows. It was the third straight sellout (or near-sellout) during these shows; mask matches involving local Puebla wrestlers seem to do well in their home arena, but the turnout was stronger than usual this year. Stigma is a teenage tecnico who’s good and has promise, though he’s also the son of the man who’s in charge of the arena and exactly the sort of nepotism luchadors complain about when it comes to CMLL’s programming.
- Sombra lost the IWGP IC Heavyweight championship back to Shinsuke Nakamura in Japan. Expected outcome and expected very good match.
- TxT’s monthly show, with no Hijo del Santo on the card due to his injury, mostly just existed to have a monthly show and set things up for down the line. Hijo del Santo now says his mask match with LA Park & Dr. Wagner will happen on 09/21, though the other two haven’t said anything. It appears Santo will first return to action in Mexico City by defending the PWR tag team titles with Blue Demon against La Migra’s Oliver John and Brian Cage in August. The main event of this show was a Dinamitas vs Rayo/Canek match designed to set up even more Dinamitas vs Rayo/Canek matches. Crowd did not seem good.
- CMLL stripped Pierrothito of the Mexican Lightweight title. It’s unclear what is going on. CMLL didn’t give a reason, Pierrothito doesn’t seem hurt and hasn’t made any indication he’s leaving, but hasn’t been around with the other members of Comandante Pierroth’s gang just the last week or so. A tournament to decide a new champion was quickly announced. Pierrothito would be a strong addition to AAA (who happens to be running in Mexico City this Friday) and was current NXT Trainee Mascarita Dorada’s most frequent and best opponent, though again we have no idea what’s actually going on.
- CMLL held a cibernetico with all the hopeful new stars and the trainers from it’s En Busca de un Idolo tournament, and all the hopeful new stars were eliminated. Trainer Negro Casas beat trainer Virus in the final. The tournament is now concluded, and will now just begin airing on an obscure cable channel.
- Villano V ran the first show of his new promotion. Building seemed less than half full, like his retirement show, but this time in a smaller building. The promotion seems to be built around Pirata Morgan’s family versus the Villanos, replacing Mil Mascaras & Rayo de Jalisco.
- Dinamic Black is the most successful IWRG tecnico of the moment, defeating Decnnis to keep his Rey del Ring title, then surviving Oficial 911 to retain the WWS Welterweight Championship
- Brothers Tony & Martin Escobedo (Los Hippies) took Acertijo & Jocker (Riddler & Joker)’s hair in Guadalajara, while Babraro won back the local middleweight title.
- Olimpico is back in a mask in Guadalajara as tecnico Super Popular. Olimpico’s admitting to the dual roles and thinks that makes it fine. The Super Popular mask is essentially an updated Olimpico mask.
- IWRG is pushing a Traumas vs Eterno/Super Nova rivalry. Those four are among ten in a cage match this upcoming Thursday.
- Horuz, who’s been wrestling in CMLL, jumped to Santo’s TxT and will wrestle on the independents. He cited the lack of opportunity to move up in CMLL and favoritism to certain families as reasons he wanted to leave.
- Diamante Azul defeated Ultimo Guerrero to keep the NWA Light Heavyweight Championship, and may defend the title against Vangelis soon.